Notes for UABF13 (Meat Is Murder)

Matt Garvey

May 15, 2022, 8:49:53 PM5/15/22
I'm struggling to care about all these random characters the plot is actually about, but I've got nothing. Is this a parody of that Succession show people love, and/or some other similar thing? Where does the murder part come in? Apart from my rising urge to kill...

9F22: Sideshow Bob (unvoiced) is inexplicably doing autographs at KrustyFest, signing people's chests with their own names substituted into "Die Bart Die" (no commas sic), and also seems to know Kirk's name offhand
EABF09: Another stall celebrates Congressman Krusty's "three weeks of service"
4F22: Khlav Kalash guy seen in Willy Wonka song parody

"Me and the Space Clown" is a parody of Mac 'n' Me. Reflecting pool is a parody of Forrest gump.

UABF15 followup
Last week's end credits backward-opening gag is pretty straightforward, with most of it going about 3-4 times normal speed; the most interesting thing is that the audio is just the album version of the theme, with no sound effects or modern variations, and even the sax solo is the standard (#8) theme variant with a triplet on the early high note.

Football?
Was this nationwide, or at least a nationwide patchwork of games? Scheduled from 4 to 7 here in Cleveland was a match of the "USFL" that looked like high school kids, pitting Pittsburgh against Houston, and it did seem to be hosted on the Fox network. The game didn't end until 7:14, yet instead of padding the time slot to the nearest half hour, the rerun of UABF09 was joined in progress. At about 7:24, the short NABF21 opening was followed immediately by a joined-in-progress note (not more ads), then 2:12 of act 3, ads, and credits. Yes, 3 out of 21.5 minutes of the episode aired. Pretty silly.

Tavis Ormandy

May 16, 2022, 10:56:24 AM5/16/22
On 2022-05-16, Matt Garvey wrote:
> I'm struggling to care about all these random characters the plot is actually about, but I've got nothing. Is this a parody of that Succession show people love, and/or some other similar thing? Where does the murder part come in? Apart from my rising urge to kill...

Not sure about Succession (never seen it!), but the story of Krusty
taking over the burger joint is a reference to how Ray Croc discovered
the McDonald brothers -- you should watch the Micheal Keaton movie "The
Founder" about this, I enjoyed it!

Tavis

--
_o) $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com