Notes for UABF04 (Pixelated and Afraid) and multiple repeat/dedication notes (QABF20/QABF18/QABF21/UABF05)

Matt Garvey

Feb 27, 2022, 8:55:36 PM2/27/22
Interesting concept, as well as a rare animated example of the classic "bottle episode", and not too bad, with some innovation for the show that definitely worked better than a few recent two-parters I could name. Shades of 5F18 and 7G09 come to mind but this episode is its own thing. Even though it's merely the Act I plot kickstarter, I do think Lisa's worry about her parents' relationship is completely misguided (in this episode anyway), and I'm surprised it didn't get refuted later on; on the other hand, the survival adventure didn't "save" the relationship either. And I know it's parodying tropes of survival reality shows particularly in Act II, but there seemed to be a looot of unnecessary pixelation - was that the joke?

What a long time it's been between new episodes. Looks like the longest midseason gap (8 weeks) since a 9-week one four years ago. In that time...

Two new dedications added to episode repeats, on the same night (a first?):
Betty White (image from BABF11) dedication in airing 2 of QABF20 on 1/16 at 7 pm, and
Peter Bogdanovich (image from JABF09) dedication in airing 2 of QABF18 at 8 pm also on 1/16.

Airing 3 of QABF21 (A Serious Flanders [Part I]) on 1/23 reinstated the next-episode-in... countdown gag on the executive producers credits, presumably because Part II's repeat that same night was not immediately after it (for some reason), but it did not change the time displayed to reflect the real-world 30ish minutes' wait. It also kept the closing credits instead of windowing them.

2/20's repeat of UABF05, predictably, dropped the John Madden dedication the episode originally had on 1/2; that whole night's lineup was also shifted by 12 minutes because of a NASCAR overrun. (2/6 had a similar lineup shift for the same reason. Tonight's substantial race delay just resulted in a total preemption of the scheduled 7:00 QABF17 repeat, in the East at least, and the usual approach of a joined-in-progress 7:30 rerun at about 7:41/43.)

Ant

Feb 28, 2022, 12:27:46 AM2/28/22

I enjoyed its rural part more than the city life.
--
A weird/An odd last week with skin cuts, wars, winter, not that slammy but will be soon, etc. Incoming heat wave again!
| |o o| |