Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

McBain guy's first commercial

284 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

jani...@utdallas.edu

ongelezen,
11 apr 1997, 03:00:0011-04-1997
aan

One of the funniest scenes in the Sherry Bobbins episode was when the
Simpson Fam was watching that "Before They Were Stars" type show.
Charles Bronson as Andy Griffith was hilarious!!

Then, there's a look at the guy who plays McBain's (I can't remember that
actor's name) first commercial. It's a big take-off on those Oscar Meyer
ads (My baloney has a first name, it's "O-S-C-A-R"...), except he spells
out some absurdly long German name. I've seen that bit twice, but I still
can't seem to catch what that McBain guy spells. I usually get lost
after the first six or seven letters! Is there anyone out there who
taped the episode who can find out what the name is he spells? And does
it mean anything?

--
Michael Janis
jani...@utdallas.edu

Chris Buchanan

ongelezen,
11 apr 1997, 03:00:0011-04-1997
aan

Mein Bratwurst has a first name; it's F-R-I-T-Z.
Mein Bratwurst has a second name; it's
S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N.

--
Chris Buchanan 4N Computer Science & Pure Math
Federation Of Students - Math Regular Student Councillor

Haynes Lee

ongelezen,
12 apr 1997, 03:00:0012-04-1997
aan

It's "Fritz Schnackenpfefferhausen", with
Schnacken-pfeffer-hausen being roughly German for
snack-pepper-house

jani...@utdallas.edu () wrote:

>One of the funniest scenes in the Sherry Bobbins episode was when the
>Simpson Fam was watching that "Before They Were Stars" type show.
>Charles Bronson as Andy Griffith was hilarious!!

>Then, there's a look at the guy who plays McBain's (I can't remember that
>actor's name) first commercial. It's a big take-off on those Oscar Meyer
>ads (My baloney has a first name, it's "O-S-C-A-R"...), except he spells
>out some absurdly long German name. I've seen that bit twice, but I still
>can't seem to catch what that McBain guy spells. I usually get lost
>after the first six or seven letters! Is there anyone out there who
>taped the episode who can find out what the name is he spells? And does
>it mean anything?

>--
>Michael Janis
>jani...@utdallas.edu
>www.utdallas.edu/~jani6336/plasmar.html

--------------------
I wish to make a complaint about this assimilated parrot.
It's not assimilated, it's pining for the Borg.

Simpsons page:
http://www1.kingston.net/ik/lee/simpsons.html

Assimilated Monty Python page
http://www1.kingston.net/ik/lee/borg.html

Scott

ongelezen,
14 apr 1997, 03:00:0014-04-1997
aan

Haynes Lee wrote:

> This is the first time I saw someone from Russia post in this
> newsgroup.
>
> 1686...@g23.relcom.ru wrote:

A possible Russian Simpson's fan? Now *that's* cool!

I wonder if he can come up with the proper translation for what
Gorbachov says to his driver when Barbara Bush is ordering George around
in that particular episode.

It sounds like, "Prez nyeh nachalneek zdeys" to me, which translates to
"The Prez (president) is not the boss here."

Someone in the episode capsule thinks it's "We know who the boss is
here" but I just can't glean that from the Russian he speaks.

-Scott

Chris Lohr

ongelezen,
15 apr 1997, 03:00:0015-04-1997
aan

Scott wrote:

> Haynes Lee wrote:
> >
> > This is the first time I saw someone from Russia post in this
> > newsgroup.
> >
> > 1686...@g23.relcom.ru wrote:
>
> A possible Russian Simpson's fan? Now *that's* cool!

Simpson's fan living in Russia, yes, but expatriate. I'm a German
working for a company here in Moscow.

> I wonder if he can come up with the proper translation for what
> Gorbachov says to his driver when Barbara Bush is ordering George around
> in that particular episode.
>
> It sounds like, "Prez nyeh nachalneek zdeys" to me, which translates to
> "The Prez (president) is not the boss here."
>
> Someone in the episode capsule thinks it's "We know who the boss is
> here" but I just can't glean that from the Russian he speaks.

As You quote it, the first translation is correct. I haven't seen the
episode though.

Chris

Dale G. Abersold

ongelezen,
15 apr 1997, 03:00:0015-04-1997
aan

Scott <*abwe...@idt.net> writes:

> Haynes Lee wrote:
>>
>> It's "Fritz Schnackenpfefferhausen", with
>> Schnacken-pfeffer-hausen being roughly German for
>> snack-pepper-house

According to my dictionary, "schnacken" translates as "to chatter, chat."
The German word for snack is "Jause" or "Imbiss".

> Does anyone know if this is based on an actual type of German sausage?

I feel fairly confident in saying "no."

| Dale G. Abersold-...@cc.usu.edu |
| S1.2 LIS+++! MIL++@ CBG* f++ n++ $+++ 7F19 M27 |
| http://cc.usu.edu/~slkby/index.html |
| Coming Soon: Dale's Big Page O' Criticism |

Julien FuZZy Oster

ongelezen,
15 apr 1997, 03:00:0015-04-1997
aan

In de.alt.tv.simpsons schrieb 1686...@g23.relcom.ru:

> > Scott <*abwe...@idt.net> wrote:

Okay, I'm german, I can help you!

> To my knowldedge, there doesn't exist any food of this name. There is
> however:

> Pfefferkuchen:
> a sort of cake, used by the evil witch in Hansel and Gretel to build her
> house, called Pfefferkuchenhaus. Maybe Pfefferhausen is contracted from
> Pfeffer(kuchen)haus
Sorry, no.
A word with "-hausen" at the end is almost always a town/city/whatever.
So, Pfefferhausen must be a place somewhere in Germany. Sounds like a really
small town.

> Schnacken:
> In northern Germany this is a word for "to chat". There are also insects
> which are spelled differently though, "Schnaken". I don't know the
> english translation for this word, though.
Right, but I don't think that has something to do with Schnackenpfefferhausen.

It really seems that Schnackenpfefferhausen is a town.

Call it "Schnackpeppertown" if you like.

--
CU, FuZZy - fu...@cu.cu-muc.de - 2:2480/418.23 - PGP-Key available
PGP Fingerprint: BF 07 0D 66 DF AA 85 12 D3 42 16 6D 95 99 DB C6

Scott

ongelezen,
15 apr 1997, 03:00:0015-04-1997
aan

Julien FuZZy Oster wrote:

> It really seems that Schnackenpfefferhausen is a town.
>
> Call it "Schnackpeppertown" if you like.

Wherever it is, I guess they make good hot dogs there, eh?

-Scott

Andreas Schank

ongelezen,
16 apr 1997, 03:00:0016-04-1997
aan

Scott wrote:

Tell me more about that commercial, what was it about?
About some kind of hot dog?
There is some kind of snack here in Germany that looks similar to a hot dog and
tastes hot like pepper.
It is a kind of mini salami (there is a salami called 'Bifi'(TM) and one called
'Bifi roll'(TM): it's a salami with some bread around it.)
I've tasted some handmade mini salamis - much spicier than the commercial ones
- I wonder if these are sold in the US, too -

Could that be the link?

I have to buy one and look what's the name of it in English.

Bye, Andreas

Jens Lorkowski

ongelezen,
16 apr 1997, 03:00:0016-04-1997
aan

Dale G. Abersold wrote:

> Scott <*abwe...@idt.net> writes:
> > Haynes Lee wrote:
> >>
> >> It's "Fritz Schnackenpfefferhausen", with
> >> Schnacken-pfeffer-hausen being roughly German for
> >> snack-pepper-house
>
> According to my dictionary, "schnacken" translates as "to chatter, chat."
That's true, but this word is only used in the northern part
of Germany. So, if you meet a guy from munich (which is in the south) he
may not understand you.

> The German word for snack is "Jause" or "Imbiss".

"Jause" is used in Austria and perhaps some parts of Germany which are
south and near to Austria. In fact many Germans use the word "snack" to,
since it seems to be trendy to use English words instead of German ones.

> > Does anyone know if this is based on an actual type of German sausage?
>
> I feel fairly confident in saying "no."

I agree.

I am German and can not see what "Schnacken" should mean.

"Pfeffer" means "pepper" in German.
Perhaps there is a relation to "pfefferkuchen", a spicy kind of cake.
You may know this from the "Hansel an Gretel" tale.

"hausen" is just an ending of a city's or village's name.
"haus" means house (even pronounced the same way).

I think there are several other good (or even better) comments about
this topics at de.alt.tv.sipmsons.
They are written in English so go ther and read them.

Jens Lorkowski
"It's something like...HAEINZ!"

Jens Lorkowski

ongelezen,
16 apr 1997, 03:00:0016-04-1997
aan

Oops,

there are some mistakes in the English words of my message.
I would like to apologize for this type mismatchings, but I guess You
can understand the message!

Jens Lorkowski

Haynes Lee

ongelezen,
17 apr 1997, 03:00:0017-04-1997
aan

Jens Lorkowski <hae...@uni-duisburg.de> wrote:

>Jens Lorkowski
>"It's something like...HAEINZ!"

They don't say Haynes until I say Haynes.

Jens Lorkowski

ongelezen,
17 apr 1997, 03:00:0017-04-1997
aan Haynes Lee

-- Sorry,

I hope You do not think I wanted to use Your name,
fact, "HAEINZ" is my nickname. Some years ago I created
a comic-character, a mixture of a worm and a man.
No top-quality stuff, but funny enough to make people
call me HAEINZ.

Julien FuZZy Oster

ongelezen,
18 apr 1997, 03:00:0018-04-1997
aan

In de.alt.tv.simpsons schrieb Scott <*abwe...@idt.net>:
> Julien FuZZy Oster wrote:

> > It really seems that Schnackenpfefferhausen is a town.
> >
> > Call it "Schnackpeppertown" if you like.
> Wherever it is, I guess they make good hot dogs there, eh?

Aeh...dunno... could be, yes :)

--
Gibt Elchen eine Chance! Freiheit fuer die Betten! Bielefeld gibt es nicht!
Keine Macht den Bjoernbaerfrankendes! Stay moosylike! ONLY THREAD EVER!

Patrick Kim

ongelezen,
18 apr 1997, 03:00:0018-04-1997
aan

With all the discussion about Wolfcastle's hot dog commercial, how about
some recognition of the other brand endorsed by the Simpson family:

Hot dogs.
Armor hot dogs.
What kind of kid eats armor hot dogs.
Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks.
Rough kids, sweet kids, even kids with chicken pox.
Hot dogs.
Armor hot dogs.
The dogs kids like to [eat?].

Shawn DeArmond

ongelezen,
21 apr 1997, 03:00:0021-04-1997
aan

Michael Caputo wrote:

> Patrick Kim (pk...@newcrest.com) wrote:
> : With all the discussion about Wolfcastle's hot dog commercial, how about

> : some recognition of the other brand endorsed by the Simpson family:
>
> : Hot dogs.
> : Armor hot dogs.
> : What kind of kid eats armor hot dogs.
> : Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks.
> : Rough kids, sweet kids, even kids with chicken pox.
>
> Nice try, brainiac. Its "tough kids, sissy kids, even kids w/ Chk. Pox"
>
> : Hot dogs.

> : Armor hot dogs.
> : The dogs kids like to [eat?].
>
> The dogs kids love to buy! (in the simpsons that is, the dogs kids love to
> eat in the real one)
>
> well... I guess you just have two study those tapes harder, rookie.
>
> MiKE
>
> --
> +====================================+===================================+
> | Perhaps, if I am very lucky, | If you define cowardice as |
> | the feeble efforts of my lifetime | running away at the first sign |
> | will someday be noticed, and maybe,| of danger, screaming and tripping |
> | in some small way, they will be | and begging for mercy, then yes, |
> | aknowledged as the greatest works | Mister Brave man, I guess I am a |
> | of genius ever created by man. | Coward. |
> +====================================+===================================+
>

> A Trombone is a lot like a REALLY beautiful woman.
>
> __________/|
> (_|__|_____\|________
> |_|_____________)

I like the song parodies that they do when different characters take
lines from the song:

Skinner: I have a BOMB!
Chief Wiggum: Hey, Wait a minute. Those are hotdogs. Armor hotdogs.
SI Chalmers: What kind of man wears Armor hotdogs?

Also,
Homer: DOH!
Lisa: A deer!
Marge: A FEMALE deer!

Can anybody think of others?

Shawn

Tim Harrod

ongelezen,
22 apr 1997, 03:00:0022-04-1997
aan

In article <5je3m6$p...@news.ycc.yale.edu>
juj...@glazunov.dc.yale.edu (Michael Caputo) writes:

> : Hot dogs.
> : Armor hot dogs.
> : The dogs kids like to [eat?].
>
> The dogs kids love to buy! (in the simpsons that is, the dogs kids love to

> eat in the real one) ^^^

Sorry... in both the original commercial jingle and the Simpsons'
version the word is "bite."

--
Tim Harrod, http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1885
The opinions expressed here would not necessarily reflect those of my

Lee Salem

ongelezen,
23 apr 1997, 03:00:0023-04-1997
aan

The final line is "The dogs kids love to bite," not "the dogs kids love
to buy." Parents buy the food, kids don't. :-)

Also, the brand name is spelled "Armour."

0 nieuwe berichten