Re: Satellite Keys - Nagravision, Viacess, Seca, Irdeto,... - 10/3/07

www.jardimdigital.com

Jan 24, 2008, 3:40:32 PM1/24/08
arms of robbers, in the pain it suffers, should love the loving and
legitimate violence of her who procures its liberty, and detest only the
impetuous and tyrannical violence of those who detain it unjustly. The most
cruel war which God can make with men in this life is to leave them without
that war which He came to bring. "I came to send war," He says, "and to
teach them of this war. I came to bring fire and the sword." Before Him the
world lived in this false peace.

499. External works.--There nothing so perilous as what pleases God and man.
For those states, which please God and man, have one property which pleases
God, and another which pleases men; as the greatness of Saint Teresa. What
pleased God was her deep humility in the midst of her revelations; what
pleased men was her light. And so we torment ourselves to imitate her
discourses, thinking to imitate her conditions, and not so much to love what
God loves and to put ourselves in the state which God loves.

It is better not to fast, and be thereby humbled, than to fast and be
self-satisfied therewith. The Pharisee and the Publican.

What use will memory be to me, if it can alike hurt and help me, and all
depends upon the blessing of God, who gives only to things done for Him,
according to His rules and in His ways, the manner being thus as important
as the thing and perhaps more; since God can bring forth good out of evil,
and without God we bring forth evil out of good?

500. The meaning of the words, good and evil.

501. First step: to be blamed for doing evil, and praised for doing good.

Second step: to be neither praised nor blamed.

502. Abraham took nothing for himself, but only for his servants. So the
righteous man takes for himself nothing of the world, nor of the applause of
the world, but only for his passions, which he uses as their master, saying
to the one, "Go," and to

www.jardimdigital.com

Jan 24, 2008, 3:23:24 PM1/24/08
no one had hitherto been able to solve. Many more
expose themselves to extreme perils, in my opinion as foolishly, in order to
boast afterwards that they have captured a town. Lastly, others wear
themselves out in studying all these things, not in order to become wiser,
but only in order to prove that they know them; and these are the most
senseless of the band, since they are so knowingly, whereas one may suppose
of the others that, if they knew it, they would no longer be foolish.

This man spends his life without weariness in playing every day for a small
stake. Give him each morning the money he can win each day, on condition he
does not play; you make him miserable. It will perhaps be said that he seeks
the amusement of play and not the winnings. Make him, then, play for
nothing; he will not become excited over it and will feel bored. It is,
then, not the amusement alone that he seeks; a languid and passionless
amusement will weary him. He must get excited over it and deceive himself by
the fancy that he will be happy to win what he would not have as a gift on
condition of not playing; and he must make for himself an object of passion,
and excite over it his desire, his anger, his fear, to obtain his imagined
end, as children are frightened at the face they have blackened.

Whence comes it that this man, who lost his only son a few months ago, or
who t