Re: Enormous Barely Legal Boobs Girls Gone Wild edition

en.wikipedia.org

Jan 24, 2008, 3:22:48 PM1/24/08
etc.?

I can never judge of the same thing exactly in the same way. I cannot judge
of my work, while doing it. I must do as the artists, stand at a distance,
but not too far. How far, then? Guess.

115. Variety.--Theology is a science, but at the same time how many
sciences? A man is a whole; but if we dissect him, will he be the head, the
heart, the stomach, the veins, each vein, each portion of a vein, the blood,
each humour in the blood?

A town, a country-place, is from afar a town and a country-place. But, as we
draw near, there are houses, trees, tiles, leaves, grass, ants, limbs of
ants, in infinity. All this is contained under the name of country-place.

116. Thoughts.--All is one, all is different. How many natures exist in man?
How many vocations? And by what chance does each man ordinarily choose what
he has heard praised? A well-turned heel.

117. The heel of a slipper.--"Ah! How well this is turned! Here is a clever
workman! How brave is this soldier!" This is the source of our inclinations
and of the choice of conditions. "How much this man drinks! How little that
one"! This makes people sober or drunk, soldiers, cowards

en.wikipedia.org

Jan 24, 2008, 3:14:17 PM1/24/08
many principles,
which must be always present, that at every hour it falls asleep, or
wanders, through want of having all its principles present. Feeling does not
act thus; it acts in a moment, and is always ready to act. We must then put
our faith in feeling; otherwise it will be always vacillating.

253. Two extremes: to exclude reason, to admit reason only.

254. It is not a rare thing to have to reprove the world for too much
docility. It is a natural vice like credulity, and as pernicious.
Superstition.

255. Piety is different from superstition.

To carry piety as far as superstition is to destroy it.

The heretics reproach us for this superstitious submission. This is to do
what they reproach us for...

Infidelity, not to believe in the Eucharist, because it is not seen.

Superstition to believe propositions. Faith, etc.

256. I say there are few true Christians, even as regards faith. There are
many who believe but from superstition. There are many who do not believe
solely from wickedness. Few are between the two.

In this I do not include those who are of truly pious character, nor all
those who believe from a feeling in their heart.

257. There are only three kinds of persons; those who serve God, having
found Him; others who are occupied in seeking Him, not having found Him;
while the remainder live without seeking Him and without having found Him.
The first are reasonable and happy, the last are foolish and unhappy; those
between are unhappy and reasonable.

258. Unusquisque sibi Deum fingit.[37]

Disgust

259. Ordinary people have the power of not thinking of that about which they
do not wish to think. "Do not meditate on the passages about the Messiah,
said the Jew to his son. Thus our people often act. Thus are false religions
preserved, and even the true one,