The lowdown on Sesame Street on Noggin

The Short Circus

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
star...@sunlink.net (The Short Circus) wrote:

>2:00 a.m. Not sure yet (it's an Unpaved) but will post when it comes
>up.

Same one as the 10:30 p.m.

Attention TV Fanatics - especially Harrisburg, Scranton
and NYC viewers! - Jog your memory with "Remember When?"
Little blurbs. Do you remember these events on your
stations? :)

http://www.sunlink.net/~starwhel/rw.html

The Short Circus

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
OK, folks (especially you, Ter, because you asked)...Here's Noggin's
Sesame Street for today.

8:00 a.m. 123 Sesame Street - 1993 episode w/ Hillary Clinton and the
opening of the playground.
11:30 a.m. 123 Sesame Street - 1993 episode with Gordon and Ruthie
doing the "Quack Dance".
6:00 p.m. Sesame Street Unpaved - 1978 episode with the gang in
Hawaii.
10:30 p.m. Sesame Street Unpaved - 1977 episode in the neighborhood.
11:30 p.m. Sesame Street Unpaved - 1978 episode with the gang in
Hawaii - assuming it's a Friday show because there was a credit roll
(with footage of them flying back) at the end.

2:00 a.m. Not sure yet (it's an Unpaved) but will post when it comes
up.

BTW people - something I was afraid of will not happen. :) These
episodes are completely intact except for the little breaks at half
past, and even then I don't think they cut anything out. The credits
at the end are the exact credits that were on the show, and some even
have a still of the old "PBS" logo at the end...

Galactica2

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
Wow! Thanks for posting the info! So they ARE showing complete, intact
episodes from the '70s!!! Dish Network, here I come!!!

D.W. McKim

Feb 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/1/99
Do they give any indication of what the original Sesame Street episode
number was? Is it the original opening theme or a new special theme?

d.w. mcKim

Perfectionistic, Double-Persoality, Witty/Depressive, Icy/Romantic,
Overeating, Ambitious, Muppet-Obsessed, Too-Sensitive-For-His-Own-Good
Artist

http://members.tripod.com/~dw_m/index.html

Dave Hardenbrook

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
In article <19990201173626...@ng-cg1.aol.com>,
galac...@aol.com says...

> Wow! Thanks for posting the info! So they ARE showing complete, intact
> episodes from the '70s!!! Dish Network, here I come!!!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is DISH Network??

--
-- Dave

The Short Circus

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
dw...@webtv.net (D.W. McKim) wrote:

>Do they give any indication of what the original Sesame Street episode
>number was? Is it the original opening theme or a new special theme?

Well they have a little sequence before the start of the show (on the
Unpaved's) that pretty much matches the cover of the book at the end.
Then, they show the episode complete in its entirety, complete with
episode number at the beginning. They've shown the episodes from 1978
when the gang went to Hawaii (they're from episodes 1,091-1,095), and
right now they have episode 1 (the first day of Noggin.....all the
first shows)..They also had episode 2,485 (where Maria got married)...

So yes, every episode number is at the beginning :)

The Short Circus

Feb 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/2/99
Dav...@mindspring.com (Dave Hardenbrook) wrote:

DISH Network is one of the three (for now...may be down to two pending
DirecTV's buyout of Primestar) digital satellite companies. They
provide satellite TV programming to people with a dish about the size
of a pizza (18"). These dishes have become very affordable; $199 or so
can buy you the actual DISH, and for about $28.99/mo, you get 60 video
channels. Their website if you would like to find out more is
www.dishetwork.com

Oops :) A commercial on the SS newsgroup! Never saw that coming. :)

Incidentally I see DISH making a profit from people on here who want
to see Noggin just as everyone from my other group of friends
scrambled to get a DISH when they added Game Show Network in November
'96...

bassline...@yahoo.com

Feb 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/3/99
In article <D5ct2.223$kj1....@news5.ispnews.com>,