Plants need water, man!

Jill M. Sheehan

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Does anybody remember the sketch with the guy and his plant? The plant was
all wilted and droopy, and he didn't know what to do about it. And then
this chick comes up to him and says, 'Plants need water, man!' (Or
something to that effect.) I remember always thinking it was sooo funny,
ROTFL! The way she said it was just too hilarious.
--
Jill ;@ )
WebMistress of the Mathnet Web site:

Chucklehead

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

"Jill M. Sheehan" <ji...@seanet.com> wrote:

>Does anybody remember the sketch with the guy and his plant? The plant was
>all wilted and droopy, and he didn't know what to do about it. And then
>this chick comes up to him and says, 'Plants need water, man!' (Or
>something to that effect.) I remember always thinking it was sooo funny,
>ROTFL! The way she said it was just too hilarious.

I remember they tried playing music, but it didn't have any effect.
The girl sounds kind of like a Valley Girl. "How could I be so dumb?
Plants need water, man."

Cheryl Platz

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

Jill M. Sheehan wrote:
> Does anybody remember the sketch with the guy and his plant? The plant was
> all wilted and droopy, and he didn't know what to do about it. And then
> this chick comes up to him and says, 'Plants need water, man!' (Or
> something to that effect.) I remember always thinking it was sooo funny,

Wasn't that the one where the plant sang when the human character was
alone with it? Ah, reminiscing...(Wonder where that plant is today?).

~~~
Love, Luck, & Lollipops...
Cheryl Platz
aza...@geocities.com
~~~
Step into my realm! Visit Aphrodite's Parlor...
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/3090/index.html

Wonderlily

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

>Wasn't that the one where the plant sang when the human character was
>alone with it? Ah, reminiscing...(Wonder where that plant is today?).

Nope, you're confusing two sketches. The singing one was a dog who,
whenever the boy's parents would shut off the light and leave the room,
would stand in front of the wall and sing, and his shadow was enlarged so
that it resembled an alligator. That one always used to scare me when I
was little!
Kelly E. Langan

"The gift of youth is passing, but you can be immature forever!" -FJD

Chucklehead

Mar 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/20/97

wonde...@aol.com (Wonderlily) wrote:

>>Wasn't that the one where the plant sang when the human character was
>>alone with it? Ah, reminiscing...(Wonder where that plant is today?).

>Nope, you're confusing two sketches. The singing one was a dog who,
>whenever the boy's parents would shut off the light and leave the room,
>would stand in front of the wall and sing, and his shadow was enlarged so
>that it resembled an alligator. That one always used to scare me when I
>was little!

The dog singing in the dark cartoon makes me laugh out loud every time
I see it even today. It's almost as hilarious as the guy who is
awaken by a drum-playing rabbit.

kp...@aol.com

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

>The singing one was a dog who,
>>whenever the boy's parents would shut off the light and leave the room,
>>would stand in front of the wall and sing, and his shadow was enlarged so
>>that it resembled an alligator.
Goodnight mom.Goodnight Dad. Goodnight, Sparky.
<later>
Mom! There's an alligator in my room!
I Love that sketch!! One of my all time favorites!!

I like the"Hey there lamp! That's a nice shade!" one too.
Katie
Go see this page--->http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/8733
GEEK CODE Version:3.1 GU d- s--:--- a---- C+++(++++) U? P? L? E? W++>+++ N++ o? K- w+ O? M> V? PS+ PE+ Y PGP? t? 5? X+ R+ v++ b+++ DI++ D?+ G++ e-- h! r z-
END GEEK CODE

James Fabiano

Nov 4, 2021, 12:30:31 PM11/4/21
On Tuesday, March 11, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jill M. Sheehan wrote:
> Does anybody remember the sketch with the guy and his plant? The plant was
> all wilted and droopy, and he didn't know what to do about it. And then
> this chick comes up to him and says, 'Plants need water, man!' (Or
> something to that effect.) I remember always thinking it was sooo funny,
> ROTFL! The way she said it was just too hilarious.
> --
> Jill ;@ )
> WebMistress of the Mathnet Web site:
> 'http://www.saturn.holowww.com/wo05000.htm'
> 'May the Math be with You!'

I remember seeing it! I also remember seeing the followup where the hippies are harvesting pot from the plant, and have to count from 3:30 to 4:20 before they could. It was meant for teaching time to kids.