Ernie dead?!?

Blair Grant Habicht

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Ok everyone, please help me out here. I just heard AGAIN that Ernie was
run over by a bus to please everyone who thought Ernie and Bert were gay.
I just can't believe that Sesame Street would do anything this cruel and
stupid. Does anyone out there know for sure if this is true? I can
accept that they aren't using Ernie as much since Jim Henson died and he
provided the voice, but to actually kill him off? Did they have a skit
about this or something? E-mail me or post here please. Thanks.

Blair Habicht

p.s. please don't start up an "Ernie and Bert are gay" war
again, that's not what I have in mind...

David Hirsch

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96

I certainly won't start the "Ernie and Bert are gay" thing again, but I
will flatly kill the rumor that Ernie has been killed or is dying. The same
goes to the "Grover is missing" rumor. It's not true! Just turn on Sesame
Street and there will be Ernie. Geez, he shows up in the beginning in the
"new" opening theme, which is the same day after day, as does Grover! Yes,
it's true that Henson was the voice behind Ernie, but he is now being
operated by Steve Whitmire (Rizzo the Rat, new Kermit).

I keep wondering who's behind these preposterous rumors.....

This is by no means an angry posting, but just realize, folks, that the
way to disprove these rumors is to say, "Just watch the show."

-Dave

Tony Dove

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
In article <4euff0$d...@cloner4.netcom.com>, eey...@ix.netcom.com(B. Thomas
Fallin ) wrote:

>In <4eu2np$n...@tribune.usask.ca> bgh...@mail.usask.ca (Blair Grant

>Habicht) writes:
>>
>>Ok everyone, please help me out here. I just heard AGAIN that Ernie
>was
>>run over by a bus to please everyone who thought Ernie and Bert were
>gay.
>>I just can't believe that Sesame Street would do anything this cruel
>and
>>stupid. Does anyone out there know for sure if this is true? I can
>>accept that they aren't using Ernie as much since Jim Henson died and
>he
>>provided the voice, but to actually kill him off? Did they have a
>skit
>>about this or something? E-mail me or post here please. Thanks.
>>
>>Blair Habicht
>>
>>p.s. please don't start up an "Ernie and Bert are gay" war
>> again, that's not what I have in mind...
>>

>I don't know which is stupider, the rumors themselves, or the people
>who believe them.

I am one hundred percent sure that they wouldn't do something so
unbelievably tasteless. Mr Hooper dying was one thing, but to kill off a
Muppet character... the mind boggles.
Especially since all the Muppets in Sesame Street are very careful about
crossing the street, and a bus accident would be unlikely in such a quiet
residential area.
Sarah Dove, a big Ernie fan. (I have Bert and Ernie socks. Yay!)

--
When I grow up I want to be Peter Pan
Toy Dog