Frazier sucks

Casey M. Campbell

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Am I the only one that thinks that Frazier sucks and is so totally overrated
and overhyped that it is pathetic? Just wondering......

Casey Campbell
Wake Forest '98

David Nash

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

In article <6b8tqe$r...@f1n1.spenet.wfu.edu>, "Casey M. Campbell"
<camp...@wfu.edu> wrote:

No, it is a boring piece of crap.
Nash

--
Emailing me? Lose the "Z" from my address.

Recordhead

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

>Am I the only one that thinks that Frazier sucks and is so totally overrated
>and overhyped that it is pathetic? Just wondering......

I'm right with ya brother

Dave

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

In <6b8tqe$r...@f1n1.spenet.wfu.edu>, "Casey M. Campbell" <camp...@wfu.edu> writes:
>Am I the only one that thinks that Frazier sucks and is so totally overrated
>and overhyped that it is pathetic? Just wondering......

I have trouble identifying with any of the characters.
Frasier and Niles are a bit too 'cultured' for me.
Pate, wine tasting, the symphony, yada yada.
Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.
The storylines are decent enough, and when the show
is lagging, they can always lean on the dog for a few
quick laughs. In fact, if there was a spinoff that only
consisted of the dad and the dog, I'd watch that instead.

But if you're trolling for people who thing the show
'sucks', you're barking up the wrong tree.
rat...@ibm.net
(Hammer nail here--> <-- for a new monitor.)
(Remove XXXX to reply)

Jonathan

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Dave wrote:

<snip>

> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.

<snip>

IMO her accent was even more annoying and unreal in "The Virgin"

Jonathan

GIRTH0519

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

>> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.
>
><snip>
>
>IMO her accent was even more annoying and unreal in "The Virgin"
>

>Jonathan

Correct me if I'm wrong but she really is British isn't she?

Gducci19

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Frazier sucks royal dick

WT Pfefferle, Ph.D.

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

gduc...@aol.com (Gducci19) wrote:

>Frazier sucks royal dick

Interesting. I thought there might be quite a bit cross-appreciation
of Seinfeld and Frasier. I only see Frasier once a month or so, but
find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.

Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?

High Five,
WT

Dave Adams

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Dave wrote:

> I have trouble identifying with any of the characters.
> Frasier and Niles are a bit too 'cultured' for me.
> Pate, wine tasting, the symphony, yada yada.

Do you identify with "Seinfeld" gang? If yes, which one?

> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.

Is this a joke?

> The storylines are decent enough, and when the show
> is lagging, they can always lean on the dog for a few
> quick laughs. In fact, if there was a spinoff that only
> consisted of the dad and the dog, I'd watch that instead.

So you only like "dad and the dog". Do you identify with them?

> But if you're trolling for people who thing the show
> 'sucks', you're barking up the wrong tree.

Trolling is popular, because there are a lot of people who fall it.

maro

LordFlesh

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Yes she really is British...she is actually "doing" an Manchester
(Yorkshire) accent on Frasier. I 've have met people from thatr region and
that is how they talk...almost unintelligibly

GIRTH0519 <girt...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19980204160...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

> >> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.

LordFlesh

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Frasier is a show by men ...for men...I'm sorry you don't like it....really

David Nash <Zde...@mindspring.com> wrote in article
<Zdenash-0402...@user-38lc988.dialup.mindspring.com>...
> In article <6b8tqe$r...@f1n1.spenet.wfu.edu>, "Casey M. Campbell"

> <camp...@wfu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Am I the only one that thinks that Frazier sucks and is so totally
overrated
> > and overhyped that it is pathetic? Just wondering......

Adrian Derham

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

WT Pfefferle, Ph.D. <bob...@airmail.net> wrote in article

> Interesting. I thought there might be quite a bit cross-appreciation
> of Seinfeld and Frasier. I only see Frasier once a month or so, but
> find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.
>
> Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?

In the UK Seinfeld, Frasier and Larry Sanders seem to go together quite
well. We get Frasier on 7 nights a week at 10:00pm - just before I retire.
Seinfeld and Sanders are on late on Tuesdays - with a warning about the
bad language on Sanders - even though it airs at 11:45pm!

As to the earlier comments by another poster which stated "Daphne has the
worst British accent I've ever heard" - I can safely say that it is
authentic for the midlands and North West of England but is not often heard
on US TV - which prefers to use off "BBC" English.

I find her accent irritating in the same way that those of us in the SE of
England often find Northern accents irritating :-) - it is however
authentic.
--
Adrian Derham - a...@wilkinsonsmith.com

IrishRose

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Dave wrote:

> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.

Got me laughing out loud on that criticism....Jane Leeves IS British.

You are aware that there are many different dialects of English in Great
Britain right?????

Linda

@->--- @->--- @->--- @->--- @->--- @->---
"Not Everything that is beautiful is good.....
But everything that is Good is beautiful"
@->--- @->--- @->--- @->--- @->--- @->---

Dave

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

In <34D8AB92...@early.com>, Dave Adams <dca...@early.com> writes:
>Dave wrote:
>
>> I have trouble identifying with any of the characters.
>> Frasier and Niles are a bit too 'cultured' for me.
>> Pate, wine tasting, the symphony, yada yada.
>
>Do you identify with "Seinfeld" gang? If yes, which one?

Are you kidding? All of them at one time or another.

>> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.
>

>Is this a joke?

C'mon, Maro. I know you like the show, but listen closely to
when she speaks. Very annoying. I don't know, maybe it's
me. I love the 'Monty Python' British accents. maybe she's
from a different part of England. Either way: annoying.
(And as I've mentioned before, the way Niles acts when he's
around her is also very annoying. Men don't swoon.)

>> The storylines are decent enough, and when the show
>> is lagging, they can always lean on the dog for a few
>> quick laughs. In fact, if there was a spinoff that only
>> consisted of the dad and the dog, I'd watch that instead.
>
>So you only like "dad and the dog". Do you identify with them?

Yup. I prefer a cold beer to a glass of sherry any day. I f I had
my choice of hangin out with a 'real life' Martin Crane, or a
'real life' Frasier and Niles, it's no contest; "You boys enjoy the
ballet, me and Marty are gonna have a few drinks at Duke's."

Dave

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

In <34D8C4...@u.arizona.edu>, IrishRose <musg...@u.arizona.edu> writes:

>Dave wrote:
>
>> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.
>
>Got me laughing out loud on that criticism....Jane Leeves IS British.
>
>You are aware that there are many different dialects of English in Great
>Britain right?????

Sure I do. And I'm equally aware that some dialects are
pleasing to the ear, while others seem to make me cringe.
(Or at least lower the volume on my TV.)

Where is she from? Manchester? I suppose the next
time I'm in England, there's a place to avoid.

Adrian Derham

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Dave <rat...@ibm.net > wrote in article
<34d8c...@news1.ibm.net>...

> Sure I do. And I'm equally aware that some dialects are
> pleasing to the ear, while others seem to make me cringe.
> (Or at least lower the volume on my TV.)
>
> Where is she from? Manchester? I suppose the next
> time I'm in England, there's a place to avoid.

given the relatively small size of the UK you are quite likely to hear the
northern accent anywhere in mainland Britain.

Jonathan

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

LordFlesh wrote:

> Yes she really is British...she is actually "doing" an Manchester
> (Yorkshire) accent on Frasier. I 've have met people from thatr region and
> that is how they talk...almost unintelligibly

She is British but a Southerner (East Grinstead or somewhere like that). I went
to university in Manchester (Lancashire) so I can tell you that the Frasier voice
is nowt like a Mancunian accent (good try for a Southerner though). The Virgin
voice is a decidedly ropey Southern accent. I suspect her natural accent wasn't
kooky enough for Seinfeld episode so she was told to play it up.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

BilliB wrote:

> I only see Frasier once a month or so, but
> find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.
> Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?

Yes, I like Frasier but it seems to have gone downhill over
the last couple of seasons. (Sounds familiar doesn't it!)

Jonathan

Terry Neff

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

I too like Frasier though not quite as much as Seinfeld!

Someone mentioned they didn't care for the Crane brothers (couldn't
identify with them because they were a bit too cultured). To me that's
what makes for much of the humor. I remember years ago an acquaintance
said she couldn't stand the Diane character on Cheers because she was so
pretentious. I had to struggle to keep a straight face because to me
this person was just like Diane in that regard!

Terry

BilliB wrote in message
<19980205003...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>I only see Frasier once a month or so, but
>find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.
> Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?

>________________________________
>I also like frasier, as a matter of fact I'm watching it right now.
>
> -Billie-
>I don't look busy, because I did it right the first time!

Milan Gokhale

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

"Adrian Derham" <a...@wilkinsonsmith.com> wrote:

>In the UK Seinfeld, Frasier and Larry Sanders seem to go together quite
>well. We get Frasier on 7 nights a week at 10:00pm - just before I retire.
> Seinfeld and Sanders are on late on Tuesdays - with a warning about the
>bad language on Sanders - even though it airs at 11:45pm!

In the Southern Ontario-Buffalo area, the entire Seinfeld-Frasier hour of 10-11 is heavily hyped.
Personally, I couldn't live without Seinfeld, but then again, I didn't know what it was until
syndication. I'm more impressed with Frasier every time I see it. I never watched it before
because I've always been a Home Improvement fan, but HI is starting to bore me in recent months,
and I've seen quite a few shows of Frasier since it started syndication in September. Not a bad
show for humour IMO.

Milan Gokhale
No sigs necessary

BilliB

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

Paul Valenti

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

In Business School I had a teacher who was from England and he
said he understands Americans better than the people in England
with cockneyed accents.

BraveHeels

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

>>> I have trouble identifying with any of the characters.
>>> Frasier and Niles are a bit too 'cultured' for me.
>>> Pate, wine tasting, the symphony, yada yada.

That's one of the reasons why I love the show, because Frasier and Niles are
nothing like I am. If I had to watch a show about myself I'd fall asleep after
10 minutes. I enjoy the fact that they think they are so cultured and all
knowing, but always seem to get set straight by no-nonsense Martin.

Dave Adams

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

Dave wrote:

> Are you kidding? All of them at one time or another.

Oh, no. ;)
I don't think I know anyone like "Seinfeld" gang, if I did, I would avoid
them like the plague.

> C'mon, Maro. I know you like the show, but listen closely to
> when she speaks. Very annoying. I don't know, maybe it's
> me. I love the 'Monty Python' British accents. maybe she's
> from a different part of England. Either way: annoying.
> (And as I've mentioned before, the way Niles acts when he's
> around her is also very annoying. Men don't swoon.)

I love "Frasier", so of course to me it is perfect. I feel the same way
about "Seinfeld".
I didn't know Niles bothered you. I find him hilarious.
I like different accents. Sometimes I have to pay more attention than
usual, but I have no problem with it.

> Yup. I prefer a cold beer to a glass of sherry any day. I f I had
> my choice of hangin out with a 'real life' Martin Crane, or a
> 'real life' Frasier and Niles, it's no contest; "You boys enjoy the
> ballet, me and Marty are gonna have a few drinks at Duke's."

I think "boys" would be glad of that. :)

maro

Dave Adams

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

WT Pfefferle, Ph.D. wrote:

> Interesting. I thought there might be quite a bit cross-appreciation

> of Seinfeld and Frasier. I only see Frasier once a month or so, but

> find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.

I used to think all "Seinfeld" fans would be "Frasier" fans, but I was
wrong.

> Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?

I'm a big fan of "Frasier". I never miss it.

maro

Dave Adams

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

BraveHeels wrote:

> That's one of the reasons why I love the show, because Frasier and Niles are
> nothing like I am. If I had to watch a show about myself I'd fall asleep after
> 10 minutes. I enjoy the fact that they think they are so cultured and all
> knowing, but always seem to get set straight by no-nonsense Martin.

Very well said. "Frasier" is a great show and I'm glad a lot of people appreciate
it.

maro

David Brazeal

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

> >> Daphne has the worst British accent I've ever heard.

> >IMO her accent was even more annoying and unreal in "The Virgin"

> Correct me if I'm wrong but she really is British isn't she?

Yes!! Thank you very much for a dose of reality! These newsgroups can
really try a guy's patience sometimes. The actress who plays Daphne really
IS British...the criticism of her accent is just TOO funny.

And I've been watching Seinfeld since the pilot, but I think Frasier is
consistently more intelligent, if not as flat-out funny. Frasier reminds
me most of Cheers' early days--and not just because it's a spinoff. It's
the smartest comedy on TV, and it's much smarter than the final years of
Cheers. It's more like the first few years of Cheers, when the writing was
too smart for the show to get ratings. It eventually got dumber as its
ratings went up, which was a shame.

clov...@hotmail.com

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

WT Pfefferle, Ph.D. <bob...@airmail.net> wrote:
> gduc...@aol.com (Gducci19) wrote:

> >Frazier sucks royal dick

> Interesting. I thought there might be quite a bit cross-appreciation
> of Seinfeld and Frasier. I only see Frasier once a month or so, but
> find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.

> Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?

I am one. I think Frasier has a subtle humor that is lacking in seinfeld.
I actually prefer Frasier to Seinfeld and find it 10 times more amusing
than the rather obvious antics of Krammer. But then I guess if one uses
phrases like "Frazier sucks royal dick", then that unfortunate dimwit
would be the type to prefer seinfeld to Frasier.

Silver C

> High Five,
> WT

Maria Rost Rublee

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

David Brazeal (dbra...@cysource.com) wrote:

: And I've been watching Seinfeld since the pilot, but I think Frasier is

: consistently more intelligent, if not as flat-out funny. Frasier reminds
: me most of Cheers' early days--and not just because it's a spinoff. It's
: the smartest comedy on TV, and it's much smarter than the final years of
: Cheers. It's more like the first few years of Cheers, when the writing was
: too smart for the show to get ratings. It eventually got dumber as its
: ratings went up, which was a shame.

Hmm, I for one don't think Frasier is very smart. It's funny, but the
jokes are so formula-based. Niles lusting over Daphne, Eddy doing
something to annoy Frasier...it's just all so predictable. Just because
they coat the show with a thin veneer of sophistication doesn't make it
smart in my book. Kesley Grammar (sp?) is not very believable to me,
I jus\t don't buy his effeminate mannerisms, etc. It is painful to watch
at times. Niles is much more believable in my opinion.

A smart comedy isn't one that features highly educated characters that
drink expensive wine. A smart comedy is one that takes you by surprise,
that has clever (not predictable) jokes, that pokes fun at all of us.
That, in my opinion, in Seinfeld.

Maria

JimSpotlt

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

>Frasier is a show by men ...for men...I'm sorry you don't like it....really

No,No, Fraiser is a show by Geeky Straight Men..for Geeky Straight Men...I
don't like it, I don't, I can't.....I Won't...Really!
JimS...@aol.com

JimSpotlt

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

>I have trouble identifying with any of the characters.
>Frasier and Niles are a bit too 'cultured' for me.

"Cultured"??Is that what we're calling Stuck-up Geeky people these days??
JimS...@aol.com

JimSpotlt

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

>Am I the only one that thinks that Frazier sucks and is so totally overrated??

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

JimS...@aol.com

JimSpotlt

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

>Interesting. I thought there might be quite a bit cross-appreciation
>of Seinfeld and Frasier.

I don't think the show sucks as much as my disliking of Kelsey Grammer.
JimS...@aol.com

kmsimmons

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

I enjoyed Frazier when he was part of the Cheers ensemble, but Kelsey
Grammer's been doing the same schtick for something like 15 years now,
and it's gotten old.

At least it's not as bad as Home Improvement. The only way I'd watch it
is if Tim Allen got the sh*t beaten out of him at the end of each
episode.

Dave

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

In <01bd3288$af4de260$a1f6eecf@default>, "David Brazeal" <dbra...@cysource.com> writes:

>> >IMO her accent was even more annoying and unreal in "The Virgin"
>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong but she really is British isn't she?
>

>Yes!! Thank you very much for a dose of reality! These newsgroups can
>really try a guy's patience sometimes. The actress who plays Daphne really
>IS British...the criticism of her accent is just TOO funny.

You missed the point. I never said it was a fake accent.
I said it was an annoying accent. See the difference?

Dave

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

In <6bdpeb$1k...@beaker.nit.gwu.edu>, mru...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (Maria Rost Rublee) writes:

>A smart comedy isn't one that features highly educated characters that
>drink expensive wine. A smart comedy is one that takes you by surprise,
>that has clever (not predictable) jokes, that pokes fun at all of us.
>That, in my opinion, in Seinfeld.

I couldn't have said it better, Maria.
Thanks for the post.

Jonathan

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

Dave wrote:

> You missed the point. I never said it was a fake accent.
> I said it was an annoying accent. See the difference?

She's a faker!

The accent is fake & annoying.

Jonathan
--
ICQ #7878654

Jason Masters

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

Yes I do like Frasier. IMHO they have some very good writers, something
that has been missing in other shows lately.
Someone said that that cant relate to the characters, but as in Seinfeld
I dont believe you are supposed to relate to the characters. It is TV
land and I just sit back and laugh.

"Look away............I'm hideous!"
Cosmo Kramer

Zulu's homepage: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/4183/

Mark Monroy

Feb 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/6/98

>Interesting. I thought there might be quite a bit cross-appreciation
>of Seinfeld and Frasier. I only see Frasier once a month or so, but
>find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.
>
>Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?
>

>High Five,
>WT

Though it is very different than Seinfeld, I enjoy Frasier a lot. Its'
slapstick, and humorous situations arising from miscommunication, remind me a
lot of classic sitcoms such as 'I Love Lucy.' The plotlines rarely get very
serious, but when they do, they're still as well-written as anything on TV.
And even one of the most serious of the episodes so far, where Roz finds out
she's pregnant, had me laughing hysterically. Sort of on par with 'Cheers.'
Wonder why. :)

Mark Monroy
m...@ucla.edu

Paul52751

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98
Jonathan, MIRSK-OUT OF HERE!!!!!

SC $$$

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

WHAT MORON STARTED THIS SUBJECT? SPELL THE NAME RIGHT NEXT TIME. IT'S
SPELLED F-R-A-S-I-E-R.

I enjoy both Seinfeld and Frasier. I'm glad that here in the NY area,
they're seen back to back in reruns. I don't relate to anyone on these
shows or any shows I watch. They're for our entertainment only.
Enjoy.

PS: Why is Frasier being discussed on the Seinfeld newsgroup?

Jonathan

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

Paul52751 wrote:

Hey, Mirsk Nazi, NO MIRSK 4U!

Jonathan
--
ICQ #7878654

Message has been deleted

TyrantJR45

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

>Probably because Frasier is the odds-on favourite to replace Seinfeld next
>year...

It can't and will never replace Seinfeld. It WILL TAKE Seinfeld's spot but it
will never replace Seinfeld.

Dave Adams

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

SC $$$ wrote:

> PS: Why is Frasier being discussed on the Seinfeld newsgroup?

Because some people are trolls and have a lot of time on their hands.
I enjoy both shows very much.

maro

Xarias

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

FraSier is very funny, and while both have been running for a long time,
Frasier is the only one that continues to actually remain funny!
They should close shop now as lame as this season has been!

Mark Monroy <m...@ucla.edu> wrote in article
<6bg71g$330$1...@uni.library.ucla.edu>...

Xarias

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

Ha ha!!
Great line!
You the man!

clov...@hotmail.com wrote in article <6bdmjo$bkd$1...@enyo.uwa.edu.au>...

> WT Pfefferle, Ph.D. <bob...@airmail.net> wrote:
> > gduc...@aol.com (Gducci19) wrote:
>
> > >Frazier sucks royal dick
>

> > Interesting. I thought there might be quite a bit cross-appreciation
> > of Seinfeld and Frasier. I only see Frasier once a month or so, but
> > find myself laughing quite a bit and enjoying the cast a lot.
>
> > Any other Seinfans who also deign to like Frasier?

TyrantJR45

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

>FraSier is very funny, and while both have been running for a long time,
>Frasier is the only one that continues to actually remain funny!
>They should close shop now as lame as this season has been!

Frasier has only been running for almost 5 years, Seinfeld has been running for
9 years, so naturally Frasier "remains funny", just like Seinfeld "remained
funny" on their fifth season. Fast forward to Frasier's 9th or 10th season
when it decides to end its run (presumably at the Thursday 9 o'clock spot),
many Frasier "fans" will say Frasier has lost its touch.

RT97law

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

>Frasier has only been running for almost 5 years, Seinfeld has been running
>for
>9 years, so naturally Frasier "remains funny", just like Seinfeld "remained
>funny" on their fifth season. Fast forward to Frasier's 9th or 10th season
>when it decides to end its run (presumably at the Thursday 9 o'clock spot),
>many Frasier "fans" will say Frasier has lost its touch.

Even though the show has been around for 5 years, the character of Frasier
has been around for over a decade. We can look at the development of the
character over that time and can compare it to the characters on Seinfeld. I
know that Frasier was a minor character in the first few seasons that Kelsey
was on Cheers, but near the end, there was a lot of involvement by Kelsey in
the stories on Cheers.

Rich

Two things that every movie should have: Hockey and Lesbians. (Chasing Amy)
[now on video]
SOCK MONKEY
Washington Capitals: Let's Go Gacks!!!!
The Puff Daddy Millennium is coming
Looking for a copy of Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

gene...@bellsouth.net

Feb 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/9/98

In article <6bkkvg$1mu$1...@tor-nn1.netcom.ca>,
Milan Gokhale <mir...@netcom.ca> wrote:

> SC...@webtv.net (SC $$$) wrote:
>
> >PS: Why is Frasier being discussed on the Seinfeld newsgroup?
>
> Probably because Frasier is the odds-on favourite to replace Seinfeld next
year...

> Milan
> Sig coming soon to a newsreader near you

I really don't understand all of the negative sniping about "Frasier" in
this newsgroup. I would think most "Seinfeld" fans would be intellectual
types who would enjoy "Frasier"'s literate humor.

Have you given the show a chance? I don't think you can really compare it
to "Seinfeld" since it's based more on realistic events and doesn't have
the flippant edge "Seinfeld" has. It is very well written and has one of
the best ensemble casts ever. I like "Seinfeld" but don't find it as
funny this year. I'm sure that if you would give "Frasier" a chance you
would find it very rewarding.

P.S. I would think erudite types like those on this ng would be able to
come up with something better to describe a show than that it "Sucks".

Rinso365

Feb 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/10/98

kmsimmons wrote:

>>>At least it's not as bad as Home Improvement. The only way I'd watch it
is if Tim Allen got the sh*t beaten out of him at the end of each
episode.<<<<

Can't they do it at the beginning so I can turn it over then?

Mike

Loren Vetter

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

>> gduc...@aol.com (Gducci19) wrote:
>
>> Frazier sucks royal dick

Uhmm...just hafta ask...

Does Prince Charles enjoy it? Or, is it something he has to have done to
ascend to the throne?

Vetter

Mark

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

Mark Monroy wrote:

> Though it is very different than Seinfeld, I enjoy Frasier a lot. Its'
> slapstick, and humorous situations arising from miscommunication, remind me a
> lot of classic sitcoms such as 'I Love Lucy.' The plotlines rarely get very
> serious, but when they do, they're still as well-written as anything on TV.
> And even one of the most serious of the episodes so far, where Roz finds out
> she's pregnant, had me laughing hysterically. Sort of on par with 'Cheers.'
> Wonder why. :)

I think its the best written show after Seinfeld. One of only about 3
comedies I watch on tv.

Mark

Dave Adams

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Mark wrote:

> I think its the best written show after Seinfeld. One of only about 3
> comedies I watch on tv.

I love "Frasier" as much as "Seinfeld", so it is hard for me to pick one as best.
For me both are great.
I'm curious, which show is the third one you like to watch? I like "Spin City" and
"Everybody Loves Raymond". Both were recommended to me by "Seinfeld" fans and I'm
glad they did.

maro

frazier...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2018, 9:26:32 PM8/9/18
On Wednesday, February 4, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Casey M. Campbell wrote:
> Am I the only one that thinks that Frazier sucks and is so totally overrated
> and overhyped that it is pathetic? Just wondering......
>
> Casey Campbell
> Wake Forest '98

Frazier does suck ass quite literally. I know, I live with him. He always tells me I am worthless and I'll never amount to anything. I am a self-hate kind of person. The reflection in the mirror is of a sad,unhappy man. I feel like a woman trapped in a man's body.

Nonomicon One

Mar 16, 2022, 6:49:45 PM3/16/22
On Wednesday, February 4, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, David Nash wrote:
> In article <6b8tqe$r...@f1n1.spenet.wfu.edu>, "Casey M. Campbell"
> <camp...@wfu.edu> wrote:
> > Am I the only one that thinks that Frazier sucks and is so totally overrated
> > and overhyped that it is pathetic? Just wondering......
> > wonder
> > Casey Campbell
> > Wake Forest '98
> No, it is a boring piece of crap.
> Nash
> --
> Emailing me? Lose the "Z" from my address.

How bizarre to take a trip down memory lane and remember one of my old fascinations, namely, why anyone ever liked any character on Frazier and why it stayed on the air as long as it did. I knew even back then that a lot of our culture was fake and only about capitalist shell games used to seemingly generate money out of nowhere, but this was a huge red flag for me...and a serious argument for the prevalence of the lowest-common-denominator "Dumbing Down of America," a kind of brainwashing that turned "citizens" possessed of self-respect and civic pride into "consumers," uneducated and without any aspirations whatsoever...the important groundwork laid to prepare the place for those who would later demand the right to be ignorant.

Nonomicon One

Mar 16, 2022, 6:54:52 PM3/16/22