Best Actor on Seinfeld

Daledkuhn

Jan 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/26/97

I have only one vote and I wish to cast it for "Elaine"

Buckwood

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97
to Daledkuhn

No, No
Elaine isn't that good, George or Jason Alexander as his name is, is far
better, I have seen some movies with Jason in, and he can act good, just
like he does in Seinfeld...
So my vote goes for Jason Alexander!!!

Buckwood

--
-----
and_...@hig.no

Ramesh Natarajan

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97
to nram

I vote for George.

Bye for now, nr...@atrmail2.attmail.com
nram Ramesh Natarajan
--
"The furniture - it is very non confrontational" - Jerry

Ling Chin

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97
to Buckwood

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Buckwood wrote:

> No, No
> Elaine isn't that good, George or Jason Alexander as his name is, is far
> better, I have seen some movies with Jason in, and he can act good, just
> like he does in Seinfeld...
> So my vote goes for Jason Alexander!!!
>
> Buckwood
> Daledkuhn wrote:
> >
> > I have only one vote and I wish to cast it for "Elaine"

Elaine tends to overact and seems a little unatural although she certainly
deserve the Emmys. I agree that George is better. But I also think
that Kramer is the funniest amongst them all. He gets very crazy at
times.

:-] LING

MichHotBoy

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97

You enjoy the slapstick performance of K.man, yet you think Elaine's
acting is unnatural?!

RoboCopKiller

Feb 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/1/97

In article <32EF22D6...@hig.no>, and_...@hig.no says...

>No, No
>Elaine isn't that good, George or Jason Alexander as his name is, is far
>better, I have seen some movies with Jason in, and he can act good, just
>like he does in Seinfeld...
>So my vote goes for Jason Alexander!!!

Three cheers for The Duckman!!!

Dill

Feb 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/2/97

RoboC...@webbernet.net (RoboCopKiller) wrote:

kramer is the best

Christopher Siciliano

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

Tony Molina wrote:

> George is, easily.
>
> Elaine is probably next, then Newman, then Kramer, then Jerry.
>
> adios
>
> tony
>
> ,-._|\ Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
> / Oz \ Internet: to...@speednet.com.au
> \_,--.x/

The best actor on Seinfeld is Jerry but its JERRY STILLER.

Chris

UnholyKiss

Feb 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/6/97

Jason Alexander RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Greenspan2

Feb 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/8/97

DEFINITELY Jason Alexander. They're all incredible, no question about
it...but Jay brings George to life in a way that the others don't with
their characters, because the other characters are more real, more
believable. George is by far the most difficult role to play and Jason
does it flawlessly.

mi...@generation.net

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

I agree that Alexander is the best actor on the show but in the last
several years has anyone noticed that Jerry has really come into his own
as an actor. He is excellent at delivering the deadpan sarsastic lines
and he is also quite good at doing slapstick. He did a great job
wearing those strong glasses for the benefit of Lloyd Braun and I
thought he was terrific doing the Kramer routine when he switched
apartments due to the blaring red light.

Crys n Jay

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

I think they all do a great job... Has anyone noticed that this year
especially, they all almost laugh at the real funny lines. Jerry is real
obvious sometimes when he's trying to hold back the laughs.

Jay

HISABEL HIDALGO

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

George,

HISABEL HIDALGO

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

George,

HISABEL HIDALGO

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97
to mi...@generation.net

Kramer,
I think that Cosmo Kramer has to be the best actor on
Seinfeld. On a show about nothing, Cosmo knows the most
about nothing. He is funny, witty, and brings a charm to
the show. What I want to know is if all the characters on
Seinfeld are as close as they are in T.V? or do they
really hate each other and only work good with each
other. There are many shows that only works good on t.v.
even in movies. Like in FOOLS RUSH IN. Mathew Perry and
Selma Haiit really coudn't stand each other in that movie.
I just want to know. Thanx!

Andrea Barol

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

Earlier Jay and Roz said

> Yeah, but that's cute as hell. And when I see that,
> I laugh even more.
>
> -Roz

I also really enjoy it when I see the actors about to crack up.
Especially Jerry, because it proves to me that they are having just as
much fun as we are watching them.

The best actor by far is Jason Alexander as George, although I think even
he may be a little uncomfortable with the character this year with the
death of Susan (but only speculation). He has range, he has timing and he
has delivery that is absolutely outstanding. This year's bad boy episode
was unbelievable. Over the past few years I think Jason started to get
overexposed and his voice and face was just in too many places. But, to
know George is to love Jason. In fact, sometimes I think the whole show is
really about George.

Anyway, there is no other cast on TV that after eight years of hijinx can
make it work week after week the way Seinfeld still does. I think it's
the actors in this show that make us watch and nothing else. Well, I
guess I've gone on a bit too long about Seinfeld. But let me just end by
saying that over the past two years this show has saved me and my husband
from the pit of depression. And, you can really become loyal when a tv
sitcom can do that for you. Andrea

Andrea Barol

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

Richard Lindesay

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

mi...@generation.net wrote:

I think that Jerry is definitely the most natural actor, may I say the
most unplanned actor? My favourite anyways.

Dennis Terrell

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

My vote goes to Jerry Stiller.

Dan Clegg

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

Same here.
--
_________________

Dan Clegg

"The ships hung in the sky much in
the same way that bricks don't."
-Douglas Adams
_________________
Personal Page:
http://users.uniserve.com/~danclegg/
D'NA (Buisness) Page:
http://users.uniserve.com/~pvogt/dna/

Dennis Terrell <dex...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<3305201e...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>...

HISABEL HIDALGO

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97
to mi...@generation.net

My favriote actor on Seinfeld is also Jason Alexander and I
had always thought that Jerry was just stringing along for
the ride, drivin' by his hilarious costars. But the last
couple of seasons have seen him pulling his own weight,
having really good lines to deliver. So it is a team
effort that has made Jerry a more comedic actor and a much
better one.

Xwhatserfacex

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

kramer.
plain & simple.
no ifsandserbuts.
he is the man. j

BMCMICHA

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Michael Richards is the best comedic actor on Seinfeld, without question.

FadnAway

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

Jason Alexander is the best actor of them all!!

Jennifer Palonus

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

les...@Juno.com (Marc Mandell) wrote:

>fadn...@aol.com (FadnAway) wrote:
>
>>Jason Alexander is the best actor of them all!!

>How about Wayne Knight? He is absolutely hilarious on Seinfeld (who
>could ever forget his priceless "Toodaloo"? Yet he played it straight
>in To Die For and was great in both Jurasic Park and in Body Heat.
>Remember the scen with Sharon Stone's interrogation. He is really
>super.

I think I have to agree with you (just on the strength of his Newman).
Something in the intensity of his emotions, strapped into a buffoonish
wrapper.

Examples: The interrogation scene in the Post Office, playing Cyrano in
the bookstore, the plan to get rid of the barking dog...

Jenny
Since reason is man's basic means of survival, that which is proper to
the life of a rational being is the good; that which negates, opposes
or destroys it is the evil. - Ayn Rand

http://pathfinder.com/news/heavensgate/
http://www7.concentric.net/~Font/

Marc Mandell

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

Alexandr59

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

They're all fantastic, couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. And Jerry has
really come into his own as an actor. He was kind of weak when the show
started, but he's really starting to measure up alongside the others.

Although I must say that I am bar none Jason Alexander's biggest fan.
Michael Alexander

Jennifer Palonus

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

This thread is a companion to "Best Actor on Seinfeld".

I think that Kramer is the weakest character overall. I've always
thought he was just inserted into the show as the generic spazzy
eccentric neighbor.

Michael Richards does as well as could be done with Kramer, but he's
working with a under-developed character.

One item: How does Kramer support himself & his rent? Everyone knows NYC
apartments, esp. roomy ones, aren't cheap. We know Kramer's written at
least 2 books (the Coffee Table book & the Great Shipwrecks book). He
should at least be working on a book once in a while, or mention other
obscure books he's written before.

Jenny

---------------------------------------- jpal...@graphicaldynamics.com
Tired of Spam? Let ClockMan95 with AntiSpam discard it automatically!
-------------------------------------- http://www.graphicaldynamics.com

Dave

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

In <334e3a9c...@news.halcyon.com>, jpal...@halcyon.com (Jennifer Palonus) writes:
>This thread is a companion to "Best Actor on Seinfeld".
>
>I think that Kramer is the weakest character overall. I've always
>thought he was just inserted into the show as the generic spazzy
>eccentric neighbor.
>
>Michael Richards does as well as could be done with Kramer, but he's
>working with a under-developed character.
>
>One item: How does Kramer support himself & his rent? Everyone knows NYC
>apartments, esp. roomy ones, aren't cheap. We know Kramer's written at
>least 2 books (the Coffee Table book & the Great Shipwrecks book). He
>should at least be working on a book once in a while, or mention other
>obscure books he's written before.

I think he also made huge royalties posing in his underwear for Calvin Klein.
(Did he WRITE the shipwrecks book?)

rat...@ibm.net
(Hammer nail here--> <-- for a new monitor.)

Echelle

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

On Mon, 07 Apr 1997 00:15:20 GMT, jpal...@halcyon.com (Jennifer
Palonus) wrote:

>This thread is a companion to "Best Actor on Seinfeld".
>
>I think that Kramer is the weakest character overall. I've always
>thought he was just inserted into the show as the generic spazzy
>eccentric neighbor.
>
>Michael Richards does as well as could be done with Kramer, but he's
>working with a under-developed character.
>
>One item: How does Kramer support himself & his rent? Everyone knows NYC
>apartments, esp. roomy ones, aren't cheap. We know Kramer's written at
>least 2 books (the Coffee Table book & the Great Shipwrecks book). He
>should at least be working on a book once in a while, or mention other
>obscure books he's written before.
>

>Jenny
>
>---------------------------------------- jpal...@graphicaldynamics.com
>Tired of Spam? Let ClockMan95 with AntiSpam discard it automatically!
>-------------------------------------- http://www.graphicaldynamics.com

I don't think he wrote the Great Shipwrecks book. Also, if you don't
laugh at Kramer, you don't know funny! Do you really care what he
does? Isn't that part of the beauty? I mean, he's Kramer, and he's
lovin' every minute of it!

Nada S. Taghavi

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

Jennifer Palonus <jpal...@halcyon.com> wrote:

: One item: How does Kramer support himself & his rent? Everyone knows NYC

: apartments, esp. roomy ones, aren't cheap. We know Kramer's written at
: least 2 books (the Coffee Table book & the Great Shipwrecks book). He
: should at least be working on a book once in a while, or mention other
: obscure books he's written before.

IMHO, that's one of the things that makes Kramer's character so
funny. You have to stop every once in awhile and think "Just who is this
guy!?!" I loved the episode where he was working for some sort of corporation
but refused to be paid. Another thing that makes him such a mysterious but
hilarious character is that a lot of non-regular female characters on the
show find him attractive, and from some of his lines, it's apparent he's
had quite a bit of experience with women.

Huckleberry

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

>I think he also made huge royalties posing in his underwear for Calvin
>Klein.
>(Did he WRITE the shipwrecks book?)

I'm pretty sure he was just reading the shipwrecks book. He also offered
another book he had for someone to read called Amazing Bear Attacks or
something like that...

I assume that he made a lot of money being the pseudo-Marlboro Man on that
big billboard. Anyway, one is supposed to assume that Kramer has no steady
job. Jerry jokes about that every now and then.

Jennifer M. Blaske

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

Jennifer Palonus wrote:

> This thread is a companion to "Best Actor on Seinfeld".
>
> I think that Kramer is the weakest character overall. I've always
> thought he was just inserted into the show as the generic spazzy
> eccentric neighbor.
>
> Michael Richards does as well as could be done with Kramer, but he's
> working with a under-developed character.

I think Kramer can be hilarious, but if I had to choose a weakest
character personally, it would be him.
Oh, one exception: this season only, Elaine's character and sub-plots
are grating on me quite a bit.

-Jen

Linda C Williams

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

Wasn't the Marlboro Man billboard just a settlement? I believe Jackie
Chiles was reading him the riot act at the end of the show for accepting
the deal with his approval.

LCW

Allison L. Cuda

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97
to FadnAway

On 1 Apr 1997, FadnAway wrote:

> Jason Alexander is the best actor of them all!!

I absolutely agree!!

te...@istar.ca

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

On 7 Apr 1997 17:20:49 GMT, Nada S. Taghavi <ntag...@cslab.vt.edu>
wrote:

> IMHO, that's one of the things that makes Kramer's character so
>funny. You have to stop every once in awhile and think "Just who is this
>guy!?!" I loved the episode where he was working for some sort of corporation
>but refused to be paid. Another thing that makes him such a mysterious but
>hilarious character is that a lot of non-regular female characters on the
>show find him attractive, and from some of his lines, it's apparent he's
>had quite a bit of experience with women.

Experience?? Didn't you see the "Kavorka" episode? Kramer was
irresistible to women, especially a certain nun, if memory serves.

As far as his income..... if we're going to start interpreting these
characters in real-life terms, the premise of the show goes right out
the window.... and though it's fun to speculate on what the
characters' realities might be, it seems irrelevant. Television
sitcoms require us to suspend our disbelief..... or flip to PBS.

Stephane Dagenais

Apr 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/7/97

First of all, Kramer is not weak. He was suppose to be just another
wacky guy but he became an institution. I've always questioned myself
as how he could live in N-Y and have no job. Well he had the book, the
underwear ads for Calvin Klein (which is very good money) and is an
investor in a lot of projects (pizza, yogurt...). I think Jerry said is
rent was about 400 a month in the episode where he wants to move. But do
we really have to know what Kramer does for money. Like he says, he's
Kramer.

Stéphane, the french canadian fan

Steve Hoffman

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

jpal...@halcyon.com (Jennifer Palonus) wrote:
>I think that Kramer is the weakest character overall.

Newman. Definitely Newman. (Whaddaya expect, with a first name
like Hello.) :)

Huckleberry

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

In article <Pine.ULT.3.95.97040...@libra.naz.edu>,
lcwi...@naz.edu says...

>> I assume that he made a lot of money being the pseudo-Marlboro Man on that
>> big billboard. Anyway, one is supposed to assume that Kramer has no steady
>> job. Jerry jokes about that every now and then.
>
>Wasn't the Marlboro Man billboard just a settlement? I believe Jackie
>Chiles was reading him the riot act at the end of the show for accepting
>the deal with his approval.

I just assumed that the money in the settlement was reduced because of that
billboard, not eliminated altogether...

Alexandr59

Apr 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/8/97

Kramer wrote the Coffee Table Book. We don't know how many copies it
sold, but he got some money from that. He bought his apartment instead of
renting it. He did the Calvin Klein underwear ad. The settlement to be
the new Marlboro Man was just that- he didn't get any money. There were
one or two other court cases which he won, but I don't know if he got any
money...in one of them he got free coffee. Also, according to George, he
"falls ass-backward into money." This probably refers to more instances
than we've seen.

Michael Alexander

Peter Palamara

Apr 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/9/97

jpal...@halcyon.com (Jennifer Palonus) wrote:

>This thread is a companion to "Best Actor on Seinfeld".

>I think that Kramer is the weakest character overall. I've always
>thought he was just inserted into the show as the generic spazzy
>eccentric neighbor.

Oh please! Sure he is eccentric, but he is far from being 'weak'. For
god's sake you just never know what the guy is going to get up to,
except that whatever it is he will do it with full and utter
commitment

>Michael Richards does as well as could be done with Kramer, but he's
>working with a under-developed character.

Nah, sorry, have to disagree with you here...

>One item: How does Kramer support himself & his rent? Everyone knows NYC
>apartments, esp. roomy ones, aren't cheap. We know Kramer's written at
>least 2 books (the Coffee Table book & the Great Shipwrecks book). He
>should at least be working on a book once in a while, or mention other
>obscure books he's written before.

See, that adds to the complexity and mystery of the man...he is a
scammer in the best use of the word. He is over the top with all his
madcap ideas.

Bullets808

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

kramer's one of the only mysteries on the show and should be kept that
way. does everything have to be spelled out for you? C-O-M-E-D-Y

Tore Sætre

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

>Oh please! Sure he is eccentric, but he is far from being 'weak'.

What about the twin-episodes when Kramer goes to California. He didn't seam
any strong when the cop-guy arrested and interegated him.

Tore S.
----
Web: http://home.sol.no/tsaetre
Adress and phonenumber: http://home.sol.no/tsaetre/copy.htm

Horrigan

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

George is the weakest by far. He's so dumb that he hasn't figured out how
to look busy at work by constantly playing with his computer. Indeed he
doesn't have a computer.

He'd be even funnier than he is if he were a bit more intellectually
curious. For example, the April 10 episode would have been funnier if he'd
actually spent a scene or two trying to find out the hat sizes of all the
fans who come to Hat Day....

--Tim Horrigan <horr...@aol.com>

Tore Sætre

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

BMCMICHA

Apr 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/12/97

>One item: How does Kramer support himself & his rent? Everyone knows NYC
>apartments, esp. roomy ones, aren't cheap. We know Kramer's written at
>least 2 books (the Coffee Table book & the Great Shipwrecks book). He
>should at least be working on a book once in a while, or mention other
>obscure books he's written before.

First off, I disagree Kramer is the weakest character. Kramer is probably
the most original character on television and Richards is recognized as
one of our finest comedic talents. Lithgow said as much at the recent SAG
awards.

Kramer lives in a rent controlled apartment; he only buys thrift clothes,
and eats all of Jerry's food.

Golden Girl

Apr 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/13/97

Anyone who knows anything about New York knows that Kramer does indeed
live in a rent controlled apartment. Some of the best apartments in some
of the nicest areas in the city are also the cheapest because of rent
control. Currently, there is a debate on whether or not NYC should
eliminate rent control. If we do, I'd love to see Kramer have to deal
with possibly becoming homeless because he can no longer afford to pay his
rent.

DShort001

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

He didn't write the Great Shipwrecks book, he owns it ("The Andrea Doria").

RockyLieb

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Amen!

Alexandr59

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

A correction regarding Kramer's apartment:
He doesn't rent it. He bought it several years ago.

Michael Alexander

Jonathan Roppolo

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

horr...@aol.com (Horrigan) wrote:

>He'd be even funnier than he is if he were a bit more intellectually
>curious. For example, the April 10 episode would have been funnier if he'd
>actually spent a scene or two trying to find out the hat sizes of all the
>fans who come to Hat Day....

But this is what makes George funny: he's unsuccessful because he
DOESN'T WANT to do anything, especially work!

George simply decided not to figure out the hat problem. Now, if there
were a reason why he had to (such as trying to date a particular
girl!) them he might have reluctantly given it a half-assed try.

andya...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2020, 3:11:42 AM8/8/20
Hello I’m from the future