What'd Kramer say?

Al Wesolowsky

Sep 26, 1992, 4:18:26 PM9/26/92
When Kramer accepted the box of Cuban cigars, he looked at it and said
something like "What's this?"
Geo: "Cigars. From Cuba."
K: "Oh...[opens box] <burst of speech>"

I didn't get <burst of speech>. It may not have been English. Can someone
help?

I tell ya, with Seinfeld ya gotta concentrate on the show. None of this
reading Kant while the show is on to divide your attention....

---Al
--
Al B. Wesolowsky a...@crsa.bu.edu Chresmology
Boston University (cheap rates)

KING OF THE BEACH

Sep 26, 1992, 7:09:29 PM9/26/92
a...@natchez.bu.edu (Al Wesolowsky) writes:

>When Kramer accepted the box of Cuban cigars, he looked at it and said
>something like "What's this?"
>Geo: "Cigars. From Cuba."
>K: "Oh...[opens box] <burst of speech>"

>I didn't get <burst of speech>. It may not have been English. Can someone
>help?

it sounded like he was speaking spanish or something to sound cuban.
combined with the cheezy smile of his, that part cracked me up.

--
+Primus-RedHotChiliPeppers-RollinsBand-TheChurch-TheHouseOfLove-U2-Pixies-Curve+
JAY "IDig" PARDEE

Bob Abraham

Sep 26, 1992, 9:20:00 PM9/26/92
In article <96...@bu.edu>, a...@natchez.bu.edu (Al Wesolowsky) writes...

>When Kramer accepted the box of Cuban cigars, he looked at it and said
>something like "What's this?"
>Geo: "Cigars. From Cuba."
>K: "Oh...[opens box] <burst of speech>"
>
>I didn't get <burst of speech>. It may not have been English. Can someone
>help?
>
>I tell ya, with Seinfeld ya gotta concentrate on the show. None of this
>reading Kant while the show is on to divide your attention....
>
> ---Al

I swear, this was the funniest moment on the show; I couldn't stop
laughing (I'm chuckling now just thinking about it). I could understand
Kramer making a couple of nonsense comments right after the kick to the
head, but it has become a chronic problem. I can see him blurting out
now and then for the rest of the season. He was so funny at that "cigar"
moment, you can see George start to laugh (out of character of course).

BTW, it's interesting watching them do 'nothing' while trying to produce
a show about 'nothing'. It's really messing with my mind.

Bob Abraham

Doug Scott

Sep 28, 1992, 10:29:26 AM9/28/92

As far as the VCR tape and I can figure he said something
in Spanish. Probably something with no meaning or just Kramers
little special post karate kick language.
>Boston University (cheap rates)

Jeffrey Wayman

Sep 30, 1992, 3:26:39 PM9/30/92
In article <Bv7KB...@news.cso.uiuc.edu> jcp2...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (KING OF THE BEACH) writes:
>a...@natchez.bu.edu (Al Wesolowsky) writes:
>
>>When Kramer accepted the box of Cuban cigars, he looked at it and said
>>something like "What's this?"
>>Geo: "Cigars. From Cuba."
>>K: "Oh...[opens box] <burst of speech>"
>
>>I didn't get <burst of speech>. It may not have been English. Can someone
>>help?
>
>it sounded like he was speaking spanish or something to sound cuban.
>combined with the cheezy smile of his, that part cracked me up.
>
>--

I think he was speaking arbitratry "foreign" syllables. My wife is
Colombian and she didn't catch what he said. He seems pretty good
at creating foreign "languages".

Jeff way...@lamar.colostate.edu

Jose Rogelio Frica De La Cruz

Oct 22, 2021, 11:57:32 PM10/22/21
El miércoles, 30 de septiembre de 1992 a las 15:26:39 UTC-4, Jeffrey Wayman escribió:
Hi everyone, this is killing me. Spanish is my first language (probably the only one I truly know) but I didn't catch what he said. It's funny though