Music from the Fatigues episode

Telsa

Oct 15, 2002, 12:08:24 AM10/15/02
Does anybody know what is being played when Frank has his flashback of the
Korean war.

Cheers,
Telsa

John Twernbold

Oct 15, 2002, 2:20:40 AM10/15/02
Telsa wrote:
> Does anybody know what is being played when Frank has his flashback of
> the Korean war.

It's "Adagio for Strings, Op.11" by Samuel Barber, composed in 1936
when he was just 25 years old.

Interesting story: most people think the piece sounds very sad, and it
was often used as a dirge to remember soldiers killed in battle. In
fact, it was used for some of the dramatic moments in the film
"Platoon", which is probably why it was used in that Seinfeld flashback
to the Korean War. But interestingly enough, Barber actually wrote it as
a description of hot sex. Weird but true!

--
John Twernbold
jtwernbold (at) yahoo.com

Telsa

Oct 15, 2002, 8:56:44 AM10/15/02

"John Twernbold" <jtwer...@remove-this.yahoo.com> wrote in message

Very interesting...
Thanks John

Deepak

Oct 15, 2002, 10:29:15 AM10/15/02
Paul Oakenfold has some great essential mixes where he mixes some of the
adagio in.
It was also used extensively in the movie Platoon.

--
Deepak

Jan Buxton

Oct 15, 2002, 2:21:44 PM10/15/02
Deepak <pras...@nospam.uic.edu> suggested that:

> Paul Oakenfold has some great essential mixes where he mixes some of
> the adagio in.

William Orbit did an updated dance version of it on his record. Not bad
but not a patch on the original.

--
Jan

The Maestro

Oct 16, 2002, 12:41:54 AM10/16/02
Very interesting. I must have watched this episode a hundred times and
I can't even remember that there is music in this scene. Could my
mother have been wrong? ;)

Hey, I forgot one in The Maestro episode the other day:

Mentioned but not sung:
-----------------------
Requiem for soloists, chorus, and orchestra, K. 626
Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart [The Maestro]

Christian

Christianada Industries present:
SEINFELD SEINFELD, THE MUSICAL
http://membres.lycos.fr/cfecteau/seinfeld.htm
A young fan's strange harmonic journey from Milan to Minsk

Jason B

Sep 2, 2022, 3:50:01 PM9/2/22
just chiming in to say i googled this shit in 2022 and this was the first result lol