Who is Marjorie Gross?

Kevin Cincotta

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

Just watched the season premire and saw a photo at the end
labelled in loving memory of Marjorie Gross. Did not get a
good look at the pic but it looked a bit like the actress who
played Susan, only older and bald. Did anyone else see this?
Did the actress REALLY die? Someone please clear this up for
me. Please respond by EMAIL to km...@virginia.edu

Kevin

John M. Devine

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

I believe Marjorie Gross was a comedienne friend of Jerry's. I think I
saw her once on a late night TV comedy show. By the looks of her
picture, she either died of cancer or AIDS. But that definitely wasn't
Susan.

JMD

Erik D Saran

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

I saw the picture of M. Gross at the end of the show last night and I
thought that she looked like the woman who played the Bald Woman that
Kramer set George up with, when George was going through his toupee phase.
Could that have been M. Gross?

Kurt Sims

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

In article <Dy0IG...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,
km...@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU (Kevin Cincotta) wrote:

> Just watched the season premire and saw a photo at the end
> labelled in loving memory of Marjorie Gross. Did not get a
> good look at the pic but it looked a bit like the actress who
> played Susan, only older and bald. Did anyone else see this?
> Did the actress REALLY die? Someone please clear this up for
> me. Please respond by EMAIL to km...@virginia.edu
>
> Kevin

I think she was one of the writers of the show. She died of cancer during
the off season this year.

Kurt

Linda C Williams

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96
to Kevin Cincotta

I thought she was on the writing or production team. I vaguely remember
seeing her name in the credits before.

LCW
---------------------------

defiant

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Yeah, I saw her on Howard Stern's show on E! a while back.. She was a
writer on the show and she was battling cancer.--Nat P

Cindy Wiser

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96

M Gross was a long time and excellent writer. Sadly she died of cancer. I
believe she was responsible for a lot of the Susan storylines and when she
died so did Susan.

Linda C Williams

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96

She was a Creative Consultant. I found her name listed in the "Superman"
episode. This was when Jerry was dating a woman named Lois and she worked
for Jerry's schoolmate Duncan. Jerry had got an head start in the race
and would never race again. Until Duncan threatened to fire Lois.

LCW

Cindy Wiser

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96

In article <3242A4...@zipnet.net>, "John M. Devine" <j...@zipnet.net> wrote:

> Kevin Cincotta wrote:
> >
> > Just watched the season premire and saw a photo at the end
> > labelled in loving memory of Marjorie Gross. Did not get a
> > good look at the pic but it looked a bit like the actress who
> > played Susan, only older and bald. Did anyone else see this?
> > Did the actress REALLY die? Someone please clear this up for
> > me. Please respond by EMAIL to km...@virginia.edu
> >
> > Kevin
>

> I believe Marjorie Gross was a comedienne friend of Jerry's. I think I
> saw her once on a late night TV comedy show. By the looks of her
> picture, she either died of cancer or AIDS. But that definitely wasn't
> Susan.
>
> JMD

She was a great writer who died of cancer. I think she was responsible
for many of the Susan storylines and when she died Susan died.

Ed Mou

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

Kurt Sims (si...@acs.ucalgary.ca) wrote:
: In article <Dy0IG...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,
: km...@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU (Kevin Cincotta) wrote:

: > Just watched the season premire and saw a photo at the end
: > labelled in loving memory of Marjorie Gross. Did not get a
: > good look at the pic but it looked a bit like the actress who
: > played Susan, only older and bald. Did anyone else see this?
: > Did the actress REALLY die? Someone please clear this up for
: > me. Please respond by EMAIL to km...@virginia.edu

Nope. Not Susan. Susan was played by actress Heidi Swedberg.

rodne...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2015, 9:51:48 AM7/24/15
On Friday, September 20, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Kevin Cincotta wrote:
> Just watched the season premire and saw a photo at the end
> labelled in loving memory of Marjorie Gross. Did not get a
> good look at the pic but it looked a bit like the actress who
> played Susan, only older and bald. Did anyone else see this?
> Did the actress REALLY die? Someone please clear this up for
> me. Please respond by EMAIL to km...@virginia.edu
>
> Kevin

Marjorie Gross was a television writer, she wrote for Seinfeld sometimes.

maxg...@crescentschool.org

Jan 18, 2017, 9:51:17 AM1/18/17
On Friday, September 20, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Kevin Cincotta wrote:
> Just watched the season premire and saw a photo at the end
> labelled in loving memory of Marjorie Gross. Did not get a
> good look at the pic but it looked a bit like the actress who
> played Susan, only older and bald. Did anyone else see this?
> Did the actress REALLY die? Someone please clear this up for
> me. Please respond by EMAIL to km...@virginia.edu
>
> Kevin

Marjorie Gross was one of the writers of Seinfeld. She sadly died of Ovarian Cancer.