How does kramer manage to pay the rent ?

jonkalak

Feb 26, 2003, 8:54:07 AM2/26/03
Hi everyone. Disturbing question (for me at least) : Kramer doesn't have a
job and yet he manages to pay the rent of an Upper West Side appartment.

Of cours we all know he doesn't pay his food but his rent ?

How does he do it ? All answers are welcome.

Thanks - Alain - France

Joe3000

Feb 26, 2003, 9:08:54 AM2/26/03
You havent watched enough episodes.

Hes got his fingers in many pies.

"jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr> wrote in message

---

The News Guy(Mike)

Feb 26, 2003, 12:59:28 PM2/26/03
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:54:07 +0100, "jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr>
wrote:

Kramer sublets the apartment from Paul Buchman. Paul never gave up
his apartment when he married Jamie because he was afraid to lose his
independence. So he probably rented it to Kramer at a very low price.

Also

"...Kramer goes to a fantasy camp. His whole life is a fantasy camp.
People should plunk down two-thousand dollars to live like him for a
week. Do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your
neighbors and have sex without dating; that's a fantasy camp...."

The FAQ lists the jobs and income he has had.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aldis Rapsys

Feb 26, 2003, 11:38:01 AM2/26/03
Sayeth Kramer:
"Oh...I get by..."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Oh yeah?

jonkalak

Feb 26, 2003, 12:01:08 PM2/26/03
actually I watched them all but it was a long time ago (the last time in
98). I am just starting to download them. It's tough living in France where
seinfeld isn't shown on TV (not even on cable).

I had forgotten about Paul Buchman. Pretty good explanation...
"Joe3000" <_nospam_...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
10462685...@iris.uk.clara.net...

Peter P. Szabaga

Feb 26, 2003, 2:19:48 PM2/26/03
He's living off the royalties from his writing efforts:

The Coffee-Table Book
"Astonishing Tales of the Sea"
"Astounding Bear Attacks"

Not to mention the paltry sum he received from
J. Peterman for the use of the stories of his life.

PizzaBagel

Phil

Feb 26, 2003, 2:45:01 PM2/26/03
>"Astonishing Tales of the Sea"
>"Astounding Bear Attacks"

He didn't write these.

--Phil

Scott

Feb 26, 2003, 4:17:12 PM2/26/03
He didn't write the Bear Attacks or Tales of the Sea books, he just
owns them

how about the lawsuits... for the coffee (free coffee) and the
cigarettes

Brian

Feb 26, 2003, 5:23:31 PM2/26/03

"Scott" <1...@2.com> wrote in message

> He didn't write the Bear Attacks or Tales of the Sea books, he just
> owns them
>
> how about the lawsuits... for the coffee (free coffee) and the
> cigarettes

He and Jackie didn't make any money from the lawsuits, either (although they
certainly could have)...Kramer just got free coffee, and his likeness on a
huge Marlboro cigarettes ad in Times Square.

However, he is a decent poker player ("Are you kiddin'? You see those two
ladies I got showin'? Do they look scared?"). And he's occasionally made
money from other forms of gambling, even though he "used to have a problem."

-B.

Dan Coogan

Feb 26, 2003, 5:36:30 PM2/26/03
Episode 151 The English Patient

He asks Jerry to bring back some Cubans with him from Florida (Jerry thinks
he means cigars) -- 3 real Cubans show up at the door.

JERRY: (animated) They're real Cubans?! They're human beings, from Cuba?!

KRAMER: I said Cubans. What'd you think I meant?

JERRY: Cigars!

KRAMER: Jerry, Cuban cigars are illegal in this country. That's why I got
these guys.

JERRY: (incredulous) You're making your own cigars now?

KRAMER: Yeah, yeah. I got investors all lined up.

I think the plan falls apart cause they aren't Cuban, but Dominican.

jonkalak wrote:

--
Dan Coogan
Coogan Photographic / Phoenix, AZ

Web: http://www.CooganPhoto.com
Web: http://www.DanCoogan.com

Represented by Black Inc.
Web: http://www.blackinc.com

"Photography With A Vision"

Dan Coogan

Feb 26, 2003, 5:53:14 PM2/26/03
KRAMER: Jerry, I just picked up the Cubans at the bus station. (shrill) What's
going on!?

JERRY: What?

KRAMER: (animated) They're not real Cubans. They're Dominicans.

JERRY: So?

KRAMER: So, Jerry, if my investors don't get Cubans, the whole deal's off.

WM Morgan

Feb 27, 2003, 2:38:51 AM2/27/03
Kramer's actually a CIA agent, with an excellent cover. Paul Buchman
is his field supervisor.

dr. mabuse

Feb 27, 2003, 5:19:32 AM2/27/03
"jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi everyone. Disturbing question (for me at least) : Kramer doesn't have a
> job and yet he manages to pay the rent of an Upper West Side appartment.

Strike pay from the bagel place.

- dr. mabuse
fedu...@clara.co.uk
"I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink and when I have to pee I use the
kitchen sink" - Homer Simpson

Bruce

Feb 27, 2003, 9:53:18 AM2/27/03
What about Kramerica Industries? They put catsup and mustard in a single
bottle.
"dr. mabuse" <fedu...@clara.co.uk> wrote in message

Joe3000

Feb 27, 2003, 10:35:58 AM2/27/03
> catsup

?

The News Guy(Mike)

Feb 27, 2003, 2:05:41 PM2/27/03
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:35:58 -0000, "Joe3000"
<_nospam_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> catsup
>
>?

KETCHUP: Also catchup, Catsup. A condiment consisting of a thick,
smooth-textured, spicy sauce usually made from tomatoes.[Probably
Malay kechap, fish sauce possibly from Chinese (Cantonese)
ke-tsiap]

Notes: The word ketchup exemplifies the types of modifications that
can take place in the borrowing process, both in the borrowing of a
word and in the borrowing of a substance. The source of our word
ketchup may be the Malay word kechap, possibly taken into Malay
from
the Cantonese dialect of Chinese. Kechap, like our word, referred
a kind of sauce, but a sauce without tomatoes; rather, it contained
fish brine, herbs, and spices. The sauce seems to have emigrated to
Europe by way of sailors, where it was made with locally available
ingredients such as the juice of mushrooms or walnuts. At some
point,
when the juice of tomatoes was first used, ketchup as we know it
was
born. However, it is important to realize that in the 18th and 19th
centuries ketchup was a generic term for sauces whose only common
ingredient was vinegar. The word is first recorded in English in
1690
in the form catchup, in 1711 in the form ketchup, and in 1730 in
the
form catsup. These three spelling variants of a foreign borrowing
remain current.

Source: American Heritage Dictionary, Third Edition 1992 MM by
Dorothy
Flatman 1997 From: Dorothy Flatman Date: 06 Mar 97

Derek Tagliarino

Feb 27, 2003, 11:14:43 AM2/27/03
Between the Marlboro ad in Times Square (as just noted) and the Calvin Klein
underwear ads, you'd think he made some good cash...posing for these two
major companies has got to pay well. Plus, he does have a daily job anyway,
he's just on strike...

"Work smarter, not harder." -- Scrooge McDuck

"He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me
scattereth." -- Luke 11:23

"Once I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll
never know." -- Groucho Marx

AIM: USSR4ever
http://grunthour.com

"Brian" <bria...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

jonkalak

Feb 27, 2003, 12:49:33 PM2/27/03
thanks very much for this great lesson on the history of the word ketchup.
What are they waiting for to put seinfeld on the school programs ? It's a
mine of information !!!!

"The News Guy(Mike)" <tnguym...@yaho.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: cbos5v8q7tovm4d8c...@4ax.com...

Scott

Feb 27, 2003, 1:09:42 PM2/27/03
But he only offered Fantasy World Corporate Experience

The News Guy(Mike)

Feb 27, 2003, 4:11:48 PM2/27/03
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:49:33 +0100, "jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr>
wrote:

>thanks very much for this great lesson on the history of the word ketchup.
>What are they waiting for to put seinfeld on the school programs ? It's a
>mine of information !!!!

I few years ago a high school kid wrote that watching Seinfeld helped
him pass a test. They asked for the eighth president of the US.

So what did we all learn from "Seinfeld" that we did not know before
and then came in handy..

For me it was .. "Casus Belli" certainly imprortant today.

Peter P. Szabaga

Feb 27, 2003, 2:16:48 PM2/27/03
Who cares whether it's ketchup or catsup?
Salsa is the number one condiment in the U.S.

PizzaBagel

"jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr> wrote in message

Brian

Feb 27, 2003, 3:27:03 PM2/27/03

"The News Guy(Mike)" <tnguym...@yaho.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:49:33 +0100, "jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
> >thanks very much for this great lesson on the history of the word
ketchup.
> >What are they waiting for to put seinfeld on the school programs ? It's a
> >mine of information !!!!
>
> I few years ago a high school kid wrote that watching Seinfeld helped
> him pass a test. They asked for the eighth president of the US.
>
> So what did we all learn from "Seinfeld" that we did not know before
> and then came in handy..
>
> For me it was .. "Casus Belli" certainly imprortant today.

These since haven't 'come in handy,' but...

George: I like DeSoto.

Jerry: What did he do?

George: He discovered the Mississippi.

Jerry: Oh yeah, like they wouldn't have found that anyway.

I also had to do a little research on ABSCAM after "The Sniffing
Accountant."

"You know, it is so sad. All your knowledge of higher culture comes from
Bugs Bunny cartoons." :)

-B.

Scott P

Feb 27, 2003, 5:26:05 PM2/27/03
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:11:48 -0800, "The News Guy(Mike)"
<tnguym...@yaho.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:49:33 +0100, "jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr>
>wrote:
>
>>thanks very much for this great lesson on the history of the word ketchup.
>>What are they waiting for to put seinfeld on the school programs ? It's a
>>mine of information !!!!
>
>I few years ago a high school kid wrote that watching Seinfeld helped
>him pass a test. They asked for the eighth president of the US.
>
>So what did we all learn from "Seinfeld" that we did not know before
>and then came in handy..
>
>For me it was .. "Casus Belli" certainly imprortant today.

This will sound ridiculous but I tried Chow Fun for the first time
based on George's description ("It's a broad noodle") and I loved it!

Scott

Brian

Feb 27, 2003, 5:42:30 PM2/27/03

"Peter P. Szabaga" <pizza...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> Who cares whether it's ketchup or catsup?
> Salsa is the number one condiment in the U.S.

Well, Uma Thurman's "Fox Force Five" tomato joke in "Pulp Fiction" wouldn't
have made sense if she'd pronounced it "catsup," that's for sure.

-B.

Wait till that Uma smells this uva

John Twernbold

Feb 27, 2003, 7:47:25 PM2/27/03
Scott P wrote:
> This will sound ridiculous but I tried Chow Fun for the first time
> based on George's description ("It's a broad noodle") and I loved it!

I tried "kung pao" because I knew from Seinfeld that it'd be hot. John
likes his chicken spicy!

--
John Twernbold
jtwernbold (at) yahoo.com

Brian

Feb 27, 2003, 8:01:06 PM2/27/03

"Scott P" <qui...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> This will sound ridiculous but I tried Chow Fun for the first time
> based on George's description ("It's a broad noodle") and I loved it!

Did you get the pea pods?

-B.

The Maestro

Feb 28, 2003, 1:47:15 AM2/28/03
"The News Guy(Mike)" <tnguym...@yaho.com> wrote in message news:<hjvs5vk2c0251k9ug...@4ax.com>...

> For me it was .. "Casus Belli" certainly imprortant today.

What's "Casus Belli"? Is it about me?

Mark Mellin

Feb 28, 2003, 2:50:04 AM2/28/03
In article <hjvs5vk2c0251k9ug...@4ax.com>, "The News
Guy(Mike)" <tnguym...@yaho.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:49:33 +0100, "jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
> >thanks very much for this great lesson on the history of the word ketchup.
> >What are they waiting for to put seinfeld on the school programs ? It's a
> >mine of information !!!!
>
> I few years ago a high school kid wrote that watching Seinfeld helped
> him pass a test. They asked for the eighth president of the US.
>
> So what did we all learn from "Seinfeld" that we did not know before
> and then came in handy..

That truth is sometimes stranger than sitcoms ....

In _The English Patient_, Izzy Mandelbaum claims:

IZZY: Each crepe has to be hand-rolled by a Mandelbaum. That's what puts the
magic in Magic Pan!

The magic in Magic Pan was actually an automated crepe wheel invented
by restaurant founder Laszlo Fono:

"METHOD FOR PANCAKE PRODUCTION", US patent #3,349,726, Oct. 31, 1967

"This invention relates to the art of producing high quality pancakes,
'crepes,' 'palascintas' and the like, having unique properties. More
specifically it relates to varieties of pancakes which are extremely
thin."

No mention is made of how tightly the crepes should be rolled.

- Mark

--
Mark Mellin (rhymes with) Just down the Hill from Gene

The News Guy(Mike)

Feb 28, 2003, 9:51:15 AM2/28/03
On 27 Feb 2003 22:47:15 -0800, artvand...@hotmail.com (The
Maestro) wrote:

Why must you always be the vocal point of attention?
Why can't you just be?
Why can't you live?

Scott P

Feb 28, 2003, 7:12:45 PM2/28/03
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:01:06 GMT, "Brian" <bria...@nbnet.nb.ca>
wrote:

With extra MSG

Scott

teejay

Mar 1, 2003, 12:03:42 AM3/1/03

Mark Mellin

Mar 1, 2003, 1:29:13 AM3/1/03
In article <11579-3E6...@storefull-2271.public.lawson.webtv.net>,
teej...@webtv.net (teejay) wrote (or did he?):

> ?

CT.ME.VT.DE.MA.NY.IA,OR 5 cent/MI 10 cent REF.

BobFrose

Mar 2, 2003, 6:16:15 PM3/2/03
thanks for the ketchup history cliff!

Daniel Vesma

Mar 5, 2003, 11:06:52 AM3/5/03
> > This will sound ridiculous but I tried Chow Fun for the first time
> > based on George's description ("It's a broad noodle") and I loved it!
>
> I tried "kung pao" because I knew from Seinfeld that it'd be hot. John
> likes his chicken spicy!

And Calzone [sp] are fantasic.

DV

rw

Mar 5, 2003, 2:56:07 PM3/5/03
Although he has had many money making schemes that others here have posted
like the coffee table book and gambling wins please remember that the big
joke from the start is that Jerry and Kramer live in a rent controlled
building so they were probably paying like $500.00 a month for it. So even
the most debased loser can swing that much!

"jonkalak" <jonk...@free.fr> wrote in message

> Hi everyone. Disturbing question (for me at least) : Kramer doesn't have a
> job and yet he manages to pay the rent of an Upper West Side appartment.

Brian

Mar 5, 2003, 4:32:21 PM3/5/03

"rw" <kent...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Although he has had many money making schemes that others here have posted
> like the coffee table book and gambling wins please remember that the big
> joke from the start is that Jerry and Kramer live in a rent controlled
> building so they were probably paying like $500.00 a month for it. So even
> the most debased loser can swing that much!

Rusty the rickshaw thief sure couldn't.

-B.

George.com

Mar 6, 2003, 3:22:46 AM3/6/03

"Daniel Vesma" <dan...@architecturestudent.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > This will sound ridiculous but I tried Chow Fun for the first time
> > > based on George's description ("It's a broad noodle") and I loved it!
> >
> > I tried "kung pao" because I knew from Seinfeld that it'd be hot. John
> > likes his chicken spicy!

but why would John steal from the Yankees?

rob

"Jacky Chiles"

Mar 6, 2003, 8:34:10 AM3/6/03
also, he always tries to make small amount(s) of cash such as selling his
stories to mr. peterman, selling his clothes ect. i'm sure others will add
more to the list :)

John Twernbold

Mar 6, 2003, 7:13:04 PM3/6/03
George.com wrote:
>>> John likes his chicken spicy!
>
> but why would John steal from the Yankees?

He wouldn't!

I don't what the hell's going on here...

Tarkus2040

Mar 10, 2003, 2:12:33 PM3/10/03
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:16:48 GMT, "Peter P. Szabaga"
<pizza...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Who cares whether it's ketchup or catsup?
>Salsa is the number one condiment in the U.S.

Do you know why? Because people like to say *salsa*!

--Tarkus2040

The News Guy(Mike)

Mar 10, 2003, 6:28:58 PM3/10/03
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:12:33 GMT, Tarkus2040
<tarkus2040*NOSPAM*@hotmail.com> wrote:

You sure he didn't say "selzer"?

Tarkus2040

Mar 11, 2003, 1:36:12 AM3/11/03
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:28:58 -0800, "The News Guy(Mike)"
<tnguym...@yaho.com> wrote:

>You sure he didn't say "selzer"?

Don't you know the difference between seltzer and salsa?! You have the
seltzer AFTER the salsa!

--Tarkus2040

David Brodbeck

Mar 11, 2003, 4:32:23 AM3/11/03
see, that should be the show

"Tarkus2040" <tarkus2040*NOSPAM*@hotmail.com> wrote in message

---

GetRichQuick712

Mar 13, 2003, 10:27:40 PM3/13/03
In article <Xns9336B99A19...@24.94.165.87>, John Twernbold
<jtwer...@remove-this.yahoo.com> writes:

>He wouldn't!
>

>I don't what the hell's going on here...

Welcome to .... The SEINFELD Zone

GetRichQuick712

Mar 13, 2003, 10:27:41 PM3/13/03
In article <rwu7a.206$XV3....@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca>, "Brian"
<bria...@nbnet.nb.ca> writes:

>"You know, it is so sad. All your knowledge of higher culture comes from
>Bugs Bunny cartoons." :)

And you know I was the most advanced kid in my first spanish class, all thanks
to Seasme Street.....

GetRichQuick712

Mar 13, 2003, 10:27:46 PM3/13/03
In article <3e5e4fae$0$236$626a...@news.free.fr>, "jonkalak"
<jonk...@free.fr> writes:

>thanks very much for this great lesson on the history of the word ketchup.
>What are they waiting for to put seinfeld on the school programs ? It's a
>mine of information !!!!

News Guy Mike is a walking encyclopedia

GetRichQuick712

Mar 13, 2003, 10:27:49 PM3/13/03
In article <vlbq5vkk6g1n0h6ni...@4ax.com>, Scott <1...@2.com>
writes:

>how about the lawsuits... for the coffee (free coffee) and the
>cigarettes

I can't remember the cigarettes one, but the coffee....so what? He gets free
coffee, he didn't get no money....

can't pay the rent with coffee

GetRichQuick712

Mar 13, 2003, 10:27:43 PM3/13/03
In article <hjvs5vk2c0251k9ug...@4ax.com>, "The News Guy(Mike)"
<tnguym...@yaho.com> writes:

>So what did we all learn from "Seinfeld" that we did not know before
>and then came in handy..

I learned a hilarious ways to get rid of solicitating phone calls

I'm a little busy, can i get your home number?
(pause)
Oh well I guess you don't want people calling you at home?

Well now you know how I feel!

<click>

GetRichQuick712

Mar 13, 2003, 10:27:48 PM3/13/03
In article <d81c840e.03022...@posting.google.com>,
mmitc...@aol.com (WM Morgan) writes:

>Kramer's actually a CIA agent, with an excellent cover. Paul Buchman
>is his field supervisor.

Ok, can I just ask.....

Is this an inside joke of this NG or what? How did this "relationship" of
Kramer and Buchman arise? it's been mentioned in a couple of posts and I dont
think it's a (big or little) coincendence....

GetRichQuick712

Mar 13, 2003, 10:27:45 PM3/13/03
In article <b3ldj9$au8v$1...@netnews.upenn.edu>, "Derek Tagliarino"
<der...@sas.upenn.edu> writes:

>Between the Marlboro ad in Times Square (as just noted) and the Calvin Klein
>underwear ads, you'd think he made some good cash...posing for these two
>major companies has got to pay well. Plus, he does have a daily job anyway,
>he's just on strike...

Oooh Oooh , I remember one.....

Didn't he make a couple of bucks when he drove the horse and carriage around?
I know he messed up when taking George's parents in law out, but the rest of
the time he must have made a few bucks

jonkalak

Mar 14, 2003, 4:40:27 AM3/14/03
it's because the appartment kramer lives in belongs to Paul Buchman from
"Mad About You".
It was mentionned in a "A Mad About You Episode". Jamie wanted him to sell
his old bachelor appartment(kramer's).

In "Mad About You" Friends Phoebe's sister also is a character (waitress)

"GetRichQuick712" <getrich...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
20030313222748...@mb-fr.aol.com...

George.com

Mar 15, 2003, 4:35:51 AM3/15/03

"GetRichQuick712" <getrich...@aol.com> wrote in message

he also got free coffee for life when he scalded himself one episode.
That'll save him some $$ on beverages he can spend on the rent.

rob

but who told him to put the balm on?

GetRichQuick712

Mar 16, 2003, 6:26:22 PM3/16/03
In article <3e71a38c$0$26345$626a...@news.free.fr>, "jonkalak"
<jonk...@free.fr> writes:

>it's because the appartment kramer lives in belongs to Paul Buchman from
>"Mad About You".
>It was mentionned in a "A Mad About You Episode". Jamie wanted him to sell
>his old bachelor appartment(kramer's).
>
>In "Mad About You" Friends Phoebe's sister also is a character (waitress)

Yea, i saw "Phoebe" as the waitress. Didn't they mention the waitress from Mad
About You in a Friend episode? I thought Friends explained that the waitress
was Phoebe's evil twin? Or maybe not?

Mat Plotlib

Nov 21, 2020, 11:49:13 PM11/21/20
On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 8:45:01 PM UTC+1, Phil wrote:
> >"Astonishing Tales of the Sea"
> >"Astounding Bear Attacks"
> >
> He didn't write these.
> --Phil

KRAMER: (Like a teacher) The Andrea Doria collided with the Stockholm in dense fog 21 miles off the coast of Nantucket. (Makes a clicking sound with his

tongue)

(Everyone's taken back by Kramer's knowledge)

GEORGE: How do you know?

KRAMER: it's in my book - "Astonishing Tales of the Sea" 51 people died.