Re: TV is irresistible

Ubiquitous

Aug 8, 2020, 12:02:00 PM8/8/20
weary...@gmail.com wrote:
>On 2020-08-07 21:47:09 +0000, Rhino said:

>> I just read this article, which isn't really on topic itself, but it
>> makes references to TV that ARE on topic. Specifically, a Russian
>> family that spent decades living as hermits without any contact with
>> civilization eventually reconnected with society and got exposed to TV.
>>
>> https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-russian-family-that-cut-itself-
off-from-civilization-for-more-than-40-years?utm_source=pocket-newtab

>I read a book on that, Lost In The Taiga by Vasily
>Peskov. That TV would be showing soviet stuff
>from the 1970s and 1980s, the book doesn't say
>what programs they were.

And now you know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHjaAu1GTZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXqKkYYALMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jU0ErlkQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hCCCRAcTAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZGBawsg8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOu_t68mjNM

--
"It took a worldwide pandemic. It took a 35% plunge in the stock
market. It took quarantining. It took many small businesses closing. It