Ren & Stimpy Vs. Snookums & Meat

Mat Adams

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

Is "Snookums and Meat" ripping off R&S or it just me??
Personally, I think both cartoons are great, especially R&S (of course)
and "Pith Posuum: Super Dynamic Possum of Tomorrrow"
]
What are the views of you guys out there??

Michelle Klein-Hass

Jun 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/8/96

In article <4p6ru5$p...@newsman.murdoch.edu.au>,
mata...@carmen.murdoch.edu.au (Mat Adams) wrote:

Snookums and Meat sucked BADLY.

Yes, some of the folks who worked on R&S worked on that, and that didn't
save it.

I suppose that S and M was better than the depths the Games R&S eps sunk
to, but NO WAY was it anywhere near the league of the Spumco R&S episodes.

--.\\<-H--

--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Staff writer, Anvil Anthology; Webkeeper, Animation Nerd's Paradise;

steve

Jun 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/9/96

mata...@carmen.murdoch.edu.au (Mat Adams) wrote:

> Is "Snookums and Meat" ripping off R&S or it just me??
> Personally, I think both cartoons are great, especially R&S (of course)
> and "Pith Posuum: Super Dynamic Possum of Tomorrrow"
> ]
> What are the views of you guys out there??

I think that Skookums and meat was a complete rip off of R&s...
It tried really hard to capture the "instinctive" slapstick humor
that R&S had... but it failed.
The animation was superior to R&S but it lacked the creativity
of R&S.
In a nutshell, R&S was a better atmosphered more complete show,
than the Snookums and meat show which had good athetics but
lacked in creativity.

Wayne Tangey

Jun 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/14/96

mata...@carmen.murdoch.edu.au (Mat Adams) wrote:

> Is "Snookums and Meat" ripping off R&S or it just me??
>Personally, I think both cartoons are great, especially R&S (of course)
>and "Pith Posuum: Super Dynamic Possum of Tomorrrow"
>]
> What are the views of you guys out there??

I agree this is so true all of the above are grwat so why compete

andrew...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2014, 3:08:35 PM6/19/14
On Thursday, June 6, 1996 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Mat Adams wrote:
> Is "Snookums and Meat" ripping off R&S or it just me??
> Personally, I think both cartoons are great, especially R&S (of course)
> and "Pith Posuum: Super Dynamic Possum of Tomorrrow"
> ]
> What are the views of you guys out there??

I don't think it's that bad at all; I personally find it entertaining to be exact. It has some great characters, like Doris Deer for example. She's one of the hottest cartoon babes on the planet, even if she is underrated.