Where to Find REMEMBER WENN Online

LindaY

Jun 16, 2008, 7:21:41 PM6/16/08
I know many of the fans of this show didn't record it, or their
recordings are degrading.

I also understand that AMC has refused to have this series released to
DVD. They have even been contacted by companies that release DVDs and
have refused them, which is very frustrating.

Some fans are trying to help folks that do not have copies of the
show. Torrents of the episodes are presently being posted, but I hope
someone else will explain that because I completely don't understand
torrenting, even after reading the primers.

Someone else is planning to format the episodes in .mp4, which will
play on an iPod or iPhone. Hopefully this will take place in July.

I also discovered someone named "elizabethroberts" has posted some
episodes to Google video. Last time I looked "she" (???) was halfway
through first season. The episodes are listed as "WENN" followed by
their season/episode number; "On the Air" is "WENN 1.1," the next is
"WENN 1.2," etc. They are formatted rather small, but are still
watchable at double size on Windows Media Player.

The performance in Owensboro mentioned in the "Remember WENN on Stage"
post seems to have rekindled an interest in the series!

Linda
"Always Remembering WENN"
http://www.rememberwenn.org

MiklCraw4d

Jun 17, 2008, 6:14:04 PM6/17/08
Speaking for myself, the Owensboro show was cause for me to pull out
and watch some episodes of the show which I hadn't seen in a while (as
I had nearly burned them into my brain it was time for a break). I was
pleased to see that the show was just as excellent as I had
remembered, and I'm sure a lot of others are discovering the same.

Anyway, concerning bittorrent... For those who are interested, many
tutorials can be found online. Essentially, you download a
small .torrent file from a website, which is then opened in a
bittorrent client (just check download.com - there are tons of good
free ones). The bittorrent program uses the .torrent file to connect
to a server that links your computer with other users who have the
same file on their computers. You essentially download a large file
(in this case, a RW episode) in tiny pieces from lots of people
instead of all at one from a single site. It's slower than direct
download, but it allows large files to be shared over time without one
single person having to host a large .avi on their web server.

We've had some people generously upload WENN torrents to the yahoo
group, and I'm trying to mirror those and others at:

http://wenn.michaelcrawford.com/torrents

Of course, this method is only as good as the number of people who are
seeding the file, so check it out!

Looking forward to everyone's work with Google Video/Youtube, .mp4,
etc. Very exciting...

mc

bill.go...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2013, 9:23:54 PM12/20/13
Okay, so... I know this post is years old, and the link doesn't work anymore... but... I have recently seen the first ten eps of this show, and MUST have more. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Will Burns

Apr 14, 2014, 12:22:45 AM4/14/14
Linda Y,

If I recall correctly, you had said on your site that:

"Sadly, another site that had much better copies of the episodes had to pull them. We do not know who requested it."

I'm not sure what site you are talking about, but there was a brief time when I had rallied the community to collaborate and contribute the episodes they had separately so that I could put them all onto a server separated by season for others to download. I had (at that time) explained that they wouldn't be up for long and so it was the community's chance to get them all while they could.

From my memory, the server host didn't have a problem with it as such, nor did they receive a DMCA request, but (again, this was awhile ago) there was some obscure policy about having more than 5GB of media in a single folder on the server and so they killed those directories on me.

I still have the complete 4 seasons backed up in digital format from that time - graciously provided from the various Remember WENN community who helped me patch all of the seasons together the best they could. I have yet to figure out an appropriate place to call them home online for others. I wouldn't put them on my Youtube account (or another video hosting site) because of the trigger happy copyright folks, and I'm not sure if there is a host that would make it available to store for others.

As for torrents, they are at the mercy of the seeder count and because this is a rare show (with a collector fanbase), it doesn't have enough people seeding it all to make it work.

I'd be open to suggestions, because I really wanted to make the entire show available so it can live on :)

- Will

Rebecca Posey

May 7, 2014, 11:57:39 PM5/7/14
What about DropBox or something like that? I know that you can upload large files, though I don't know what the size limit is, and invite people to share. It's such a great show! I wish AMC would just release it already!

brad.s.r...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2015, 8:43:21 PM7/8/15
they wont be dvd released because of all the music clearing that would have to happen same reason other shows dont get dvd released
Message has been deleted

duck...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2020, 8:11:42 AM6/5/20

duck...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2020, 8:17:03 AM6/5/20
On Monday, June 16, 2008 at 4:21:41 PM UTC-7, LindaY wrote:
Recently an online site called DVD Treasures is offering the full set, made up of off tv copies and episodes purchased "for your consideration." The quality is decent, but fans deserve better.