PIP Addendum Project

0 views
Skip to first unread message

John Hoare

unread,
Apr 29, 2003, 3:31:58 PM4/29/03
to
Hey all,

http://ganymede.ofla.info/docs/pip/

In other words, we're trying to pick up where the PIP left off. Any
contributions more than welcome. Please. PLEASE. Post them here, if
you have any.

The last version of the PIP is also there - having read the distribution
details, I assume this is fine. No doubt someone will tell me if it
isn't.

See ya,

--
John Hoare
http://www.ganymede-titan.info/

Annette

unread,
Apr 30, 2003, 11:13:11 AM4/30/03
to
In article <c9bea685.03042...@posting.google.com>,
tifa_4...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hoare) wrote:

> http://ganymede.ofla.info/docs/pip/
>
> In other words, we're trying to pick up where the PIP left off. Any
> contributions more than welcome. Please. PLEASE. Post them here, if
> you have any.

Sounds like a fair compromise. I'll be interested to see how it goes
(if I ever found the time I might contribute something myself).

It's potentially a lot of work though -- I hope you're very keen (I'm
just glad we didn't have the continuity trainwreck that is Series VIII
to contend with back in the olden days).



> The last version of the PIP is also there - having read the distribution
> details, I assume this is fine. No doubt someone will tell me if it
> isn't.

It's fine.

Good luck!

Annette.

PS. Does this mean that the "PIP Addendum Project" is the PAP?

John Hoare

unread,
Apr 30, 2003, 2:28:55 PM4/30/03
to
mcintos...@iprimus.com.au (Annette) wrote in message news:<mcintoshNOSPAM-...@024.mel0705.mel.iprimus.net.au>...

> Sounds like a fair compromise. I'll be interested to see how it goes
> (if I ever found the time I might contribute something myself).

Excellent! Expect something around June, as it says - it might be
delayed slightly, depending on the input. There's already lots of
stuff we have ourselves, obviously.



> It's potentially a lot of work though -- I hope you're very keen (I'm
> just glad we didn't have the continuity trainwreck that is Series VIII
> to contend with back in the olden days).

Yes; it is a complete, utter nightmare. Luckily, I've got a lot of free
time at the moment. And if you start wondering about the Re-mastered
series as well... ahem. It's great to have the original PIP there,
though - it really shows how a document like that should be done.



> > The last version of the PIP is also there - having read the distribution
> > details, I assume this is fine. No doubt someone will tell me if it
> > isn't.
>
> It's fine.
>
> Good luck!

Cheers! I didn't realise you still hung around alt.tv.red-dwarf, otherwise
I would have put out a message asking you to contact me; just to check
directly that it was OK.

> PS. Does this mean that the "PIP Addendum Project" is the PAP?

I hadn't thought of that :-) Yes!

Peter Chant

unread,
Apr 30, 2003, 2:03:35 PM4/30/03
to
In article <mcintoshNOSPAM-...@024.mel0705.mel.iprimus.net.au>,

mcintos...@iprimus.com.au (Annette) writes:
>
> Annette.
>
> PS. Does this mean that the "PIP Addendum Project" is the PAP?

My goodness, Annette. I've not seen a posting from you in a while,
a long time for an albanian shepard who's alergic to wool.

--
pe...@petezilla.co.uk
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
This week my favourite punctuation symbol is '-'

"garth2k"

unread,
May 1, 2003, 7:52:34 AM5/1/03
to
"Peter Chant" <pe...@petezilla.co.uk> wrote in message

> mcintos...@iprimus.com.au (Annette) writes:
> > Annette.
> >
> > PS. Does this mean that the "PIP Addendum Project" is the PAP?
> My goodness, Annette. I've not seen a posting from you in a while,
> a long time for an albanian shepard who's alergic to wool.

Damnit! I missed that... was sort of skip-reading.... sorry, Annette....
and in respone to your question.... I imagine it's more like the PIPAP....

"g2k" - still trying to work on an acroynm for PIPPIN.


Derek Custer

unread,
May 1, 2003, 5:41:02 PM5/1/03
to

""garth2k"" <gar...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:WP7sa.1083$hY.2...@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net...
Let's just hope that the PIP doesn't de-volve into the PIP Addemdum
Project-Someone Maybe Everyone Add Results, or PAP-SMEAR


Annette

unread,
May 1, 2003, 11:16:23 PM5/1/03
to
In article <c9bea685.03043...@posting.google.com>,
tifa_4...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hoare) wrote:

> Excellent! Expect something around June, as it says - it might be
> delayed slightly, depending on the input. There's already lots of
> stuff we have ourselves, obviously.

I'll check back then. I'll probably only be motivated to contribute
once I've seen the first PAP version. (If I dig my tapes out of storage.)

> Yes; it is a complete, utter nightmare.

My sympathy!

> I didn't realise you still hung around alt.tv.red-dwarf,

I read the group every couple of days; I just don't actually say that
much. :-)

> just to check directly that it was OK.

If the PIP itself isn't touched, you don't need anyone's permission to
do your own related document.

Annette.

Sebastian Doyle

unread,
May 3, 2003, 8:19:22 AM5/3/03
to

"Derek Custer" <kle...@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
news:vb3539e...@corp.supernews.com...
How often do you need to get it updated?

--
Vote 1 Sebastian Doyle for a third glorious decade of
total law enforcement!


Sebastian Doyle

unread,
May 3, 2003, 8:21:05 AM5/3/03
to

"Annette" <mcintos...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
news:mcintoshNOSPAM-...@095.mel0702.mel.iprimus.net.au...

> In article <c9bea685.03043...@posting.google.com>,
> tifa_4...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hoare) wrote:
>
> > Excellent! Expect something around June, as it says - it might be
> > delayed slightly, depending on the input. There's already lots of
> > stuff we have ourselves, obviously.
>
> I'll check back then. I'll probably only be motivated to contribute
> once I've seen the first PAP version. (If I dig my tapes out of
storage.)
>
> > Yes; it is a complete, utter nightmare.
>
> My sympathy!
>
> > I didn't realise you still hung around alt.tv.red-dwarf,
>
> I read the group every couple of days; I just don't actually say
that
> much. :-)
>
No, they don't ... well at least not much worth reading ;)

Kiniki

unread,
May 26, 2003, 4:49:41 PM5/26/03
to
Hiya.

I was just about to ask the same question about updating the Pip
myself.

Was wondering if I could possibly join you in this adventure. I have
had the pip on my site for a while now but didn't want to fill in the
blanks until I had got permission.

I already have a few picked out, and I have been reviewing the tapes
to pick up more.

If you would like a regular helper I would be glad to add some stuff

Cheers

John Hoare

unread,
May 27, 2003, 11:30:30 AM5/27/03
to
damian...@blueyonder.co.uk (Kiniki) wrote in message news:<d6615528.03052...@posting.google.com>...

Wonderful! Get in touch with me at jo...@ganymede-titan.info, and we'll
sort some stuff out. It could be a joint project.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages