ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition DVD

Len-L

Jun 29, 2011, 9:55:09 AM6/29/11
Ahem.

I realize this place is pretty much closed down, but I'd like to say one
thing before the doors are locked.

ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition DVD collection is now
available. The amazon.com page is
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q7BF5M

There used to be quite a few of the people who worked on Reboot here. On
the (really low) chance that any of them might check in from time to
time, let me say thank you for this wonderful show. It ended far too
soon, but it was great while it lasted.

Len

PV

Jun 30, 2011, 6:21:01 PM6/30/11
len...@gmail.com writes:
>ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition DVD collection is now
>available. The amazon.com page is
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q7BF5M

Wow, I forgot I even still had this in my newsgroups list.

I had the dvds on preorder for like 3 months, and it popped up in the mail
yesterday. Currently watching my way through season 1 - it's great to see
these shows again! The quality is quite good too - there's some
deinterlacing artifacts on some shots (especially the overhead shots of
Mainframe), but still, very watchable, and tons better than the ancient VHS
tapes.

>There used to be quite a few of the people who worked on Reboot here. On
>the (really low) chance that any of them might check in from time to
>time, let me say thank you for this wonderful show. It ended far too
>soon, but it was great while it lasted.

I doubt Mairi Wellman or Gavin Blair are bothering with usenet anymore, but
thanks again for all the good years on a.t.r, guys! *
--
* PV Something like badgers, something like lizards, and something
like corkscrews.

Rick Hewett

Jul 11, 2011, 6:30:36 AM7/11/11
On Wed 29 Jun Len-L wrote:
> ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition DVD collection is now
> available.

...and my copy, ordered on the day of release, arrived from across the
ocean this morning. I forsee a day or two of re-watching... :)

> It ended far too soon,

...and on a cliff-hanger, too!

> but it was great while it lasted.

Aye, 'twas great fun. :)

--
..Rick Hewett http://www.chocky.demon.co.uk/
Trouble: Charles Manson. *REAL* Trouble: His evil twin. -- Mister Boffo