Anyone still here?

writerpatrick.webs.com

Oct 7, 2009, 2:42:03 PM10/7/09
I just thought I'd pop my head in and look.

Since I'm here--and there doesn't seem to be anything going on--I might as
well plug a few things.

Podcast Ping: http://podcastping.blogspot.com

I've got a special 13 Days of Halloween starting on October 19th. Each day
from Oct. 19th until Halloween I'll be posting an episode a day. The shows
are hosted by Count Cordova from Blue Hot Gossip.

Blue Hot Gossip Comedy Show: http://bluehotgossip.blogspot.com

It's my comedy show featuring Al, Walt and Charlie in various situations
with music intermixed. (It's a good way for me to practice my script
writing.)

--
Patrick McNamara
writer...@yahoo.com

spi...@freenet.co.uk

Oct 7, 2009, 4:26:00 PM10/7/09
And verily, didst writerpatrick.webs.com <writer...@netzero.net> hastily babble thusly:

> I just thought I'd pop my head in and look.

Still subscribed...
Not seen a peep out of anyone for months (or even years) though.
Apart from the odd bit of spam.

--
| spi...@freenet.co.uk | |

Pixel // pinterface

Oct 7, 2009, 6:39:31 PM10/7/09
"writerpatrick.webs.com" <writer...@netzero.net> wrote in message

> I just thought I'd pop my head in and look.

atr is a very lonely place. (Well, unless you use Google Groups, in which
case it is delightfully spammy.) The fandom seems to have forgotten usenet
and moved to web forums.

Sad, but it was probably inevitable.

--
I'm just some guy you don't know.

spi...@freenet.co.uk

Oct 7, 2009, 6:55:09 PM10/7/09
And verily, didst Pixel // pinterface <pinte...@gmail.com> hastily babble thusly:

> "writerpatrick.webs.com" <writer...@netzero.net> wrote in message
>> I just thought I'd pop my head in and look.
>
> atr is a very lonely place. (Well, unless you use Google Groups, in which
> case it is delightfully spammy.) The fandom seems to have forgotten usenet
> and moved to web forums.

icky icky icky

> Sad, but it was probably inevitable.

It's just that there's little new to talk about. Even the stargate
newsgroups went through a bit of a lull during the summer because there was
little to talk about, but now universe has begun again, they're buzzing.

Shame mainframe got bought out and there's proably more chance of me winning
the national lottery on a triple rollover night than there is of a new
series of reboot being made.
--
| spi...@freenet.co,uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
| Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

XBrav

Oct 8, 2009, 8:29:23 AM10/8/09
On Oct 7, 4:55 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
> And verily, didst Pixel // pinterface <pinterf...@gmail.com> hastily babble thusly:
>
> > "writerpatrick.webs.com" <writerpatr...@netzero.net> wrote in message

> >> I just thought I'd pop my head in and look.
>
> > atr is a very lonely place.  (Well, unless you use Google Groups, in which
> > case it is delightfully spammy.)  The fandom seems to have forgotten usenet
> > and moved to web forums.
>
> icky icky icky
>
> > Sad, but it was probably inevitable.
>
> It's just that there's little new to talk about. Even the stargate
> newsgroups went through a bit of a lull during the summer because there was
> little to talk about, but now universe has begun again, they're buzzing.
>
> Shame mainframe got bought out and there's proably more chance of me winning
> the national lottery on a triple rollover night than there is of a new
> series of reboot being made.
> --
> |   spi...@freenet.co,uk   | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"   |
> |   Andrew Halliwell BSc   |                                                 |
> |            in            | "I think so brain, but this time, you control   |
> |     Computer Science     |  the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..."  |

Well, most of the activity is on ReBoot.com lately. I am working with
Rainmaker along with some other die-hard fans to make sure the fan
voices are heard. If you want to join the exciting ReBoot communities,
I recommend these ones:

http://www.reboot.com
http://www.rbcorner.com/cgi-bin/eblah/Blah.pl?
http://www.reboot.cc

-XBrav

Erik Anderson

Oct 8, 2009, 4:11:17 PM10/8/09

Well, usenet is pretty much the only place I really have time for. I
was happy to see that someone posted the majority of the episodes
online though, I hope episode rights get a little less tangled in a
few years. It's weird that the one DVD I managed to buy (and have
replaced) is now flagged as "rare" though...

writerpatrick.webs.com

Oct 8, 2009, 11:48:35 PM10/8/09

"Pixel // pinterface" <pinte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The Usenet usage as a whole is down. Most of it probably stems from ISPs
dropping their newsservers. Barely anyone new starts using it; it's
typically a residence for those who were using it years ago.

I have to admit that it's been a while since I watched any Reboot, but
that's probably because it's a little painful to watch knowing it's all
over. Even if they do bring out a Reboot 2.0, it's likely to be a completely
different show with all new characters. But if Rainmaker does start a new
series I'll most likely watch it.