Real World's Sean Duffy announces he's resigning from Congress

Ubiquitous

Aug 27, 2019, 7:47:58 AM8/27/19
Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) will resign from Congress at the end of September,
the most recent in a string of Republicans who have decided against running
for re-election.

Duffy, who was elected in 2010 during a GOP wave, said he and his wife are
expecting a child in late October who will "will need even more love, time,
and attention due to complications, including a heart condition."

"With much prayer, I have decided that this is the right time for me to take
a break from public service in order to be the support my wife, baby and
family need right now," Duffy said in a statement posted to his Facebook
page. "It is not an easy decision – because I truly love being your
Congressman – but it is the right decision for my family, which is my first
love and responsibility."

Duffy will leave Congress on Sept. 23. Duffy's district, anchored in the
northern reaches of Wisconsin, has been solidly Republican in recent years.
Duffy won re-election by 22 points, and Donald Trump won the district by 21
in 2016.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

FPP

Aug 27, 2019, 7:55:44 AM8/27/19
On 8/26/19 8:56 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.) will resign from Congress at the end of September,
> the most recent in a string of Republicans who have decided against running
> for re-election.
>
> Duffy, who was elected in 2010 during a GOP wave, said he and his wife are
> expecting a child in late October who will "will need even more love, time,
> and attention due to complications, including a heart condition."

Thank God members of Congress have the quality health care they gave to
themselves!

You know the one I'm talking about - the one Republicans deny to the
majority of Americans who need it just as badly.

--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)