[The Real World] Meet the Cast of the New Season (Exclusive)

1 view

Ubiquitous

Jun 4, 2019, 10:14:08 AM6/4/19
It's time to return to The Real World!

ET's got your first look Facebook Watch's version of MTV's iconic reality
series, which is set to debut later this summer. Set in Atlanta, Georgia,
this year's seven new roommates come from differing backgrounds and walks of
life, making the show's signature drama a sure thing.

In the first trailer for the series, fans get a peek at the drama, which
features topics including virginity, sexuality, race, immigration and teen
parenthood.

"This is the next true story of seven strangers, picked to live in a house
and have their hookups, screw-ups, apologies, honesty, voices, opinions,
fights, tears, lives streamed exclusively on Facebook Watch," a voice-over
says in the trailer. "With new episodes every week and content dropping
daily, find out what happens when the next generation stops being polite.
It's time to get real. Again."

New episodes of the series begin June 13. The season will come to life
through Facebook Stories and scene drops throughout the week. Keep reading
for more on the new roommates.

Arley, 21

The youngest housemate, Arley is a DACA recipient and the mom to a 4-year-old
son. Though she dreamed of taking the nursing exam, her status as a DREAMer
made that impossible.

Clint, 28

Clint hopes his Instagram fame -- he has 130,000 followers -- and good looks
will help him as he temporarily leaves small-town life behind before he takes
over his conservative family's farm business, as expected.

Dondre, 25

A pansexual person and proud Republican, Dondre is in the midst of his coming
out journey as he discovers his identity as a black Trump supporter.

Justin, 26

Justin, who has a long-distance, long-term girlfriend, is working toward his
master's degree in African American Studies with an ultimate goal of
uplifting the black community.

Meagan, 23

A Louisiana native, Meagan is Catholic and a virgin. She believes waiting
until marriage to have sex is for the best.

Tovah, 26

After suffering trauma as a teen, Tovah has worked as a caseworker for Child
Protective Services and dreams of opening a foster home.

Yasmin, 27

A pansexual feminist who grew up with both Christian and Muslim ideals,
Yasmin no longer considers herself conservative, instead working as a body-
positive model and art teacher in a youth detention center.

MTV’s The Real World premieres Thursday, June 13 at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET on
Facebook Watch.

BTR1701

Jun 4, 2019, 3:28:13 PM6/4/19
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Arley, 21
>
> The youngest housemate, Arley is a DACA recipient and the mom to a 4-year-old
> son. Though she dreamed of taking the nursing exam, her status as a DREAMer
> made that impossible.

Oh, for fucks sake. They're not even trying to hide their propaganda
anymore, are they?

She's the youngest cast member, but has a 4-year-old kid? I suspect it
isn't DACA that derailed her future plans, but rather some poor life
choices on her part that did it.

> Meagan, 23
>
> A Louisiana native, Meagan is Catholic and a virgin. She believes waiting
> until marriage to have sex is for the best.

The lack of penises in her vagina seems to be her only qualification for
being on this show.

> Yasmin, 27
>
> A pansexual feminist who grew up with both Christian and Muslim ideals,
> Yasmin no longer considers herself conservative, instead working as a body-
> positive model and art teacher in a youth detention center.

"Body-positive model in a juvie lockup" is an actual job title now? People
get paid for that?