Re: "Quantum Leap" creator says he's written movie script

1 view

Ubiquitous

Oct 29, 2017, 9:24:00 PM10/29/17
In article <ot5lmr$8a5$1...@dont-email.me>, dtr...@sonic.net wrote:
>On 10/29/2017 4:34 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> diml...@yahoo.com wrote:>

>>> Dr. Sam Beckett might have another leap in his future.
>>>
>>> This Saturday at L.A. Comic Con, Quantum Leap creator Donald
>>> Bellisario and star Scott Bakula reunited for a conversation moderated
>>> by EW’s Chancellor Agard, during which they addressed the series’
>>> reboot prospects.
>>>
>>> “I just finished writing a Quantum Leap feature,” Bellisario said
>>> casually, as if he were telling the audience that he just finished
>>> writing a grocery list. “I don’t know what’s going to happen with
>>> it, but I did write it.”
>>
>> Didn't they effectively end the story with the (poor) final episode?
>
>I think the final episode actually set up infinite sequels and reboots.

If memory serves, the endgame was for Sam to find get back home so he wouldn't
have to "leap" any more. The finale negated that, so there's no point in
continuing.

anim8rfsk

Oct 29, 2017, 10:32:55 PM10/29/17
In article <ga-dnfBlwuK34mvE...@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> In article <ot5lmr$8a5$1...@dont-email.me>, dtr...@sonic.net wrote:

> >> Didn't they effectively end the story with the (poor) final episode?
> >
> >I think the final episode actually set up infinite sequels and reboots.
>
> If memory serves, the endgame was for Sam to find get back home so he
> wouldn't
> have to "leap" any more. The finale negated that, so there's no point in
> continuing.

Well, the horrible final had him talking to God the Bartender, and
everything we knew was wrong, and he was directing his own missions
through divine magic - at this point I don't even want a reunion - and
it ended with an art card that said something like SAM NEVER DID RETURN
HOME. The easiest fix for this I've seen is that the reunion starts with

SAM NEVER DID RETURN HOME

UNTIL NOW.

--
Join your old RAT friends at