Need Desktop Videotaping VCR with audio monitoring

1 view

Bill Mulcahy

Oct 14, 2006, 9:22:17 AM10/14/06
I am experimenting with recording meetings for public access TV with a
multiple cameras to a VCR then doing the editing on my computer. I need a
VCR to record the audio and video. I want to monitor the audio that is going
into the VCR. I am mostly using Azden wireless microphones to connect to the
VCR.

I bought a Videonics MX-1 video mixer and will buy a small NTSC monitor to
monitor the video, but still need to monitor the audio that goes into the
VCR. I have an old Panasonic AG-1970 that has all the stuff I need, but it
is too bulky. I need something lighter and portable to carry to meetings.
Something with a small output audio mini jack so I can monitor that the
audio is being recorded well.

I would appreciate any suggestions for a VCR, maybe even a VCR/DVD recorder
combo. Thanks.

Bill Mulcahy