The Reparations Grift Is Finally Collapsing

Ubiquitous

Feb 17, 2024, 11:47:41 AMFeb 17
Until recently, it was hard to think of a post-George Floyd innovation
that failed more quickly, or more spectacularly, than the “defund the
police” movement.

As homicide rates ballooned by more than 30%, cities like Los Angeles,
Baltimore, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, New York, Austin, and Oakland
reinstated funds for police departments. They had all made a big show
of cutting police funding, only to realize that in fact, police
actually serve a purpose. And then there were the stories of various
politicians, including congressmen, who called for defunding the police
— only to demand police protection when they needed it. So, the whole
idea of defunding the police was a BLM-inspired debacle that seemed
hard to top.

But now there’s a contender, as hard as that might be to imagine. It
was less than a year ago that a so-called “reparations task force” in
California announced a plan to pay $1.2 million to every descendant of
a slave, or of a “free Black person living in the United States prior
to the end of the 19th century.” In all, that proposal would cost
something like $800 billion to implement, which is more than double
California’s entire state budget. But nevertheless, there was optimism
that this would actually happen. After all, this task force had spent
around two years crafting this proposal, so they were pretty confident
they could see it through. Watch:

https://youtu.be/qxX_WzUaMYk

So they say they’re not taking the money from taxpayers and
redistributing it. They claim instead that they’re “returning” stolen
money, even though the taxpayers didn’t take it in the first place.
Imagine applying this logic to all of the Europeans who were sold as
slaves in North Africa, or all of the white people who are killed by
black people every year in the United States — which is a very
disproportionate number. Are all of the descendants of these white
victims entitled to reparations from all black people, as well?

Proponents of reparations never had a good answer to that question. In
fact they didn’t have answers to any questions at all, including how
they were going to pay for all of this. So, fast forward a few months,
and it turns out the descendants of slaves will not be getting paid in
California. The whole idea became so overwhelmingly unpopular in
California that even Gavin Newsom — who never misses a chance to
genuflect before the BLM altar — wasn’t a fan. So after considering the
proposals of the reparations task force, California lawmakers recently
introduced a series of 14 bills — and cash payouts to the descendants
of slaves are not included in any of them. But they’re still calling
these bills “reparations.” Watch:

California’s Legislative Black Caucus share a reparations plan
with no cash direct payments to descendants of enslaved Black
people…. even MLK said “We coming to get our check”
pic.twitter.com/8B28UsKZ9U

— SHO’NUFF (@IAMSHO_NUFF) February 3, 2024

Well, this is embarrassing. Hopefully no descendants of slaves went out
and spent a million dollars in the past couple of months, thinking
they’d get reimbursed. Turns out that’s not happening. Instead they’re
getting rid of solitary confinement and prohibiting “discrimination
based on hairstyles.” It’s a bit of a step down, you might say.

As you’d expect, the most reprehensible anti-white racists in the
country were deeply disturbed by this news. Semi-prominent race-baiter
Tariq Nasheed was particularly furious. He wrote: “This package does
NOT include any cash payments to Foundational Black Americans at all.
It’s a 111 page nothing-burger, dipped in nothing-sauce.”

This package does NOT include any cash payments to Foundational
Black Americans at all.
Its a 111 page nothing-burger, dipped in nothing-sauce.

????????????????????????????

California introduces first-in-nation slavery reparations
package https://t.co/DxcU2AxrTQ via @politico

— Tariq Nasheed ???? (@tariqnasheed) February 1, 2024

That’s true, for the most part. And it’s not often that this guy says
anything true. Still, buried in these 14 proposals are a few very bad
and unconstitutional ideas, including reimplementing affirmative action
and other race-based initiatives.

One California assemblyman who supports these bills, Corey Jackson,
actually wants to amend California’s Constitution to permit laws that
would, “increase the life expectancy of, improve educational outcomes
for, or lift out of poverty specific groups based on race, color,
ethnicity, national origin, or marginalized genders, sexes, or sexual
orientations.” In other words, he wants to be able to pass laws that
would only help non-whites, which currently would violate both the
California and U.S. Constitutions. That’s what they’re focusing on in
California, a state that has no shortage of real problems. They
desperately want to turn the state into Rwanda and accelerate its
decline even further.

At the same time, it’s very clear that they’re going to fail. The
reparations grift is indeed collapsing. That’s because the reparations
grift, and the whole race hustle scam, depends on instilling and
maintaining a deep sense of guilt in white people. But you can’t keep
an entire race of people crippled by undeserved guilt over ancient
history forever. Eventually that guilt turns to exhaustion, and the
exhaustion into resentment or indifference. That’s when the scam blows
back on the scam artists.

We’re seeing this more and more. For example I recently tweeted a
statement that’s completely uncontroversial to anyone with a baseline
understanding of world history. I wrote: “Slavery is world history.
White people did not invent it, and were not the first to practice it,
but were the first to abolish it. The last place in the world to still
have legal slavery was Africa. It wasn’t fully legally abolished on the
continent until 1981.”

Slavery is world history. White people did not invent it, and
were not the first to practice it, but were the first to
abolish it. The last place in the world to still have legal
slavery was Africa. It wasn't fully legally abolished on the
continent until 1981. https://t.co/ZfTvdLXydt

— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) February 6, 2024

Pretty much everyone agreed with that post, because it’s obviously
true. Slavery was an unquestioned fact of life across the entire world
for thousands of years. In fact, for thousands of years nobody even
thought to question the institution. The most enlightened minds might
have suggested that slaves should be treated humanely, in some
circumstances. But nobody rejected slavery fundamentally, as a concept.
This was the case, again, everywhere, among all people, for millennia.

White Europeans were the first ones to argue that slavery as an
institution should not exist at all, and that the slaves themselves
have the right to be free. The unique relationship between slavery and
Europeans is that Europeans are the first ones who figure out that it’s
wrong. That’s just a fact. It can’t be denied. If I should be blamed
for slavery because white people participated in it, then I should also
be thanked because white people abolished it. So where is my thank you
note?

This is all kind of obvious to anyone with a rudimentary understanding
of history. Which explains one prominent dissenter to my tweet, who has
no understanding of history at all: Henry Rogers, a.k.a. Ibram X.
Kendi. Here’s what he wrote: “The ultimate White savior statement.”

The ultimate White savior statement. https://t.co/KxhsCWSWP7

— Ibram X. Kendi (@ibramxk) February 7, 2024

That’s obviously a meaningless reply, but since Henry Rogers is
supposedly a serious academic and not a fraudster, I figured I’d
follow-up. I asked Rogers if he’d like to have a live, on-camera
conversation about the issue. If you didn’t know any better, you’d
think he would jump at the chance. After all, he’s an academic with a
PhD. I’m a podcaster with a high school diploma. He could easily school
me in a debate, couldn’t he? Surely he’ll jump at the chance, right?
Wrong.

Kendi replied to my challenge two days later with this: “Many
historians have already explained why your statements about slavery are
wrong. It would be a huge waste of my time repeating what has already
been shared with you.”

Kendi declines my invitation to debate the history of slavery
because, he says, "many historians" have already said that
he's right. https://t.co/AutVKNw8O9

— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) February 12, 2024

There you have it. He doesn’t have to debate me because “many
historians” have already said that he’s right. Who are these
historians? Don’t worry about that. There’s many of them. That’s all
that matters. And why should their opinion preclude us from having a
conversation on the topic? Well, don’t worry about that either. In any
case, the reaction to that conversation was overwhelmingly hostile — to
Ibram X. Kendi. Everyone recognized exactly what was going on. This
“esteemed antiracist academic” — who runs an entire antiracist center
at a major university, and who managed to burn through $40 million in
grant money in just a couple of years — can’t allow his claims to be
subjected to any scrutiny. Even scrutiny from a high school educated
podcaster. Because he’s an intellectual lightweight, and his ideas are
as hollow and weak as he is.

That’s yet another sign that the “antiracist,” reparations grift is
collapsing. So is this footage from UCSF, which is supposedly one of
the leading universities and hospitals in the United States. They rang
in Black History Month by inviting a black supremacist named Dante King
to campus. Watch:

.@UCSF invited Dante King to speak on "Diagnosing Whiteness."

He claims that "whites are psychopaths" and that white people
"have it written in the law you can rape black women." He also
makes excuses for black teenagers who commit violent crimes.

This is the modern university. pic.twitter.com/EzVlliZPR9

— YAF (@yaf) February 9, 2024

He goes on like that for a while. You hear a lot about “genocidal”
rhetoric from the Left. But this is actual genocidal rhetoric. White
people are “psychopaths,” says Dante King. They’re genetically
inferior. Again, this is someone lecturing at an institution that
trains doctors and treats patients. That can’t make white patients at
UCSF too comfortable right now.

If you’re not familiar with King you should know that he offers an 8-
week course on “diagnosing whiteness” for the low price of $1,200. It’s
not clear how much UCSF paid for this lecture. They’re a public
university, so presumably they used taxpayer money for it.

This is the reality of living in California these days. Even if the
reparations bill fails, public institutions will find ways to take your
money to spread anti-white race hate. But you can tell from the
response to this footage — which went viral immediately — that people
are fed up with this propaganda. Just like the FAA footage I aired on
this show last week, someone on the inside had to draw attention to
this video. There are whistleblowers who are tired of these race
hustlers. The more the race scam collapses, the more whistleblowers
will come forward.

The only remaining support for race propaganda comes from the largest
corporations in the country. They’re still committed to forcing this on
us. If you were watching the Super Bowl last night, particularly the
pre-game, you probably noticed that. The NFL invited a woman to sing
what’s known as the “black national anthem,” which of course is a
contradiction in terms. There is no “black national anthem.” There is
one national anthem. Any country that has multiple national anthems for
different demographic groups isn’t really a country. It’s a collection
of different countries, split up along ethnic lines, and it will fall
apart very quickly.

But ensuring that this country falls apart is precisely the goal of the
largest news outlets in the United States. So before the game, CBS
interviewed the woman who sang this “black national anthem” at the
Super Bowl, whose name is Andra Day. Watch:

.@AndraDayMusic says her upcoming performance of the Black
National Anthem, “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” at #SBLVIII
could allow people to “share in a really, really beautiful,
spiritual moment together.” pic.twitter.com/vbtsnFwqqm

— CBS Mornings (@CBSMornings) February 9, 2024

Change is “scary,” she says. “If you’re not changing and growing then
you’re dying.” And everyone at CBS pretends that’s the most intelligent
thing they’ve ever heard. But it doesn’t even come close to making
sense. She’s basically saying we need racially segregated national
anthems just for the sake of changing something. And then at the end,
she implies that somehow this will lead to unity. We will be unified by
having separate anthems. Even though the whole point of singing the
anthem — the one national anthem — is to show our unity.

But the point of this revival of “the black national anthem” is to take
us back to the pre-civil rights era. This is not progress; it’s
regression. That’s what this is a deliberate callback to. It’s when the
NAACP first started pushing the song, after an NAACP official wrote it.
For the past three years, the NFL has been trying to equate this with
the actual national anthem. The implication is that we’re back where we
were in the early 1900s. It’s like when Joe Biden says it’s “Jim Crow
on steroids” to require voter ID. They are desperate to convince us
that we’re living in a white supremacist hellscape, which is nonsense.

But again, it’s falling flat. Andra Day performed this “black national
anthem” before the commercial break, before the teams came out, and
several minutes before the national anthem. And, to the extent that
people responded to it at all, it was panned on social media. No one
thought it was inspirational or unifying or whatever. This is the
response all of the post-BLM, post-George Floyd ideas are receiving
now, from defunding the police, or implementing reparations.

What this means for race hustlers like Henry Rogers is that they’re
going to have to find new jobs soon. What it means for the rest of us
is that, at long last, our moment of national racial insanity might
eventually come to an end.

--
Let's go Brandon!