Majority Of Americans Say Biden Got Special Treatment In Classified Documents Investigation, Poll Finds

Ubiquitous

Feb 18, 2024, 12:21:39 AMFeb 18
Just over half of voters surveyed in a new poll say that President Joe
Biden received special treatment during special counsel Robert Hur’s
investigation into his handling of classified documents.

A survey conducted by Reuters/Ipsos found that 53% of the Americans
polled agree that “Biden received special treatment because he is the
U.S. president.” That majority included 29% of Democrats who agreed
with the statement. The four-day-long poll closed on Monday and was
released on Tuesday morning.

Last Thursday, Hur released his report on Biden’s handling of
classified documents, concluding that there is “evidence that President
Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his
vice presidency when he was a private citizen,” but said “no criminal
charges are warranted in this matter.” The special counsel also argued
that it would be unlikely a jury would convict the 81-year-old Biden of
a “serious felony” because of his “mental state,” describing the
president “as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor
memory.”

Of those polled by Reuters/Ipsos, nearly half — 46% — said they were at
least somewhat familiar with Hur’s less-than-flattering description of
Biden. The poll also revealed troubling findings for Biden’s re-
election campaign as Reuters reported that 78% of those surveyed,
including 71% of Democrats, believe the president is too old to remain
in government. Only 53% of respondents said that 77-year-old Donald
Trump is too old to be elected to office.

Trump, who is in the midst of his own classified documents case, said
last week that the special counsel’s decision to clear Biden shows
“selective persecution.”

“If Biden is not going to be charged … that’s up to them, but then I
should not be charged,” the former president said. “This is nothing
more than selective persecution of Biden’s political opponent, me.”

Trump was hit with 40 charges over his handling of classified documents
after he left office, which include charges of obstructing government
officials from retrieving the documents. The FBI raided Trump’s Mar-a-
Lago estate in August 2022 to confiscate the classified documents, but
Trump has maintained his innocence, saying that he is protected by the
Presidential Records Act.

Biden addressed the special counsel’s report in a press conference on
Thursday evening when he said that the investigation’s conclusion means
the classified documents scandal is behind him. During the press
conference, the president also snapped at reporters who asked him to
address the report’s revelations about his memory. Biden responded,
saying he is “the most qualified person in the United States to be
president.”

--
Let's go Brandon!

pothead

Feb 18, 2024, 9:08:03 AMFeb 18
Same basic conclusion that was reached with Hillary Clinton.
Essentially, yea he/she did some bad things but they don't warrant prosecution.
The government is completely corrupt and there is without a doubt a two tier justice system.
If people don't wake up, and quickly, we will soon become a banana republic.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Governor Swill

Feb 18, 2024, 2:53:35 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:08:02 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> Lago estate in August 2022 to confiscate the classified documents, but
>> Trump has maintained his innocence, saying that he is protected by the
>> Presidential Records Act.
>>
>> Biden addressed the special counsel?s report in a press conference on
>> Thursday evening when he said that the investigation?s conclusion means
>> the classified documents scandal is behind him. During the press
>> conference, the president also snapped at reporters who asked him to
>> address the report?s revelations about his memory. Biden responded,
>> saying he is ?the most qualified person in the United States to be
>> president.?
>>
>> --
>> Let's go Brandon!
>>

>Same basic conclusion that was reached with Hillary Clinton.
>Essentially, yea he/she did some bad things but they don't warrant prosecution.

Exactly. There was no intent to commit any crime. That is, ignorance of the law *can* be
an excuse.

>The government is completely corrupt

No it's not and if a Republican was President you wouldn't be saying that.

>and there is without a doubt a two tier justice system.

Rich people get off, poor people don't. Iow, in any court case, it's the lawyers that
win.

>If people don't wake up, and quickly, we will soon become a banana republic.

I've been hearing that line since Nixon was in office.

Swill
--
Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

"I don't want everybody to vote. As a matter of fact, our leverage in
the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."
- Paul Weyrich, co founder of Heritage Foundation and Moral Majority

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.