why does nobody watch picket fences?!

tariq....@spamgourmet.com

Feb 4, 2008, 8:12:35 PM2/4/08
There are no postings about this great show of the 90s anymore.
It was wonderfully acted, wonderfully written.

KiniK

Feb 4, 2008, 8:17:03 PM2/4/08

<tariq....@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message

> There are no postings about this great show of the 90s anymore.
> It was wonderfully acted, wonderfully written.

How many 90's shows do we talk about here?
You can always start a discussion. : )

jayembee

Feb 4, 2008, 10:12:41 PM2/4/08
tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:

> There are no postings about this great show of the 90s anymore.
> It was wonderfully acted, wonderfully written.

Ah...because it's not currently airing anywhere (that I know of).

Not many older shows get routinely discussed here. At least until
someone starts a thread. Why don't you?

-- jayembee

Message has been deleted

Default User

Feb 5, 2008, 12:14:49 PM2/5/08
tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:

> There are no postings about this great show of the 90s anymore.
> It was wonderfully acted, wonderfully written.

I didn't like that show.

Brian

won't shut up.

cop...@yahoo.com

Feb 5, 2008, 3:08:55 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 11:14 am, "Default User" <defaultuse...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> tariq.1.ra...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> > There are no postings about this great show of the 90s anymore.
> > It was wonderfully acted, wonderfully written.
>
> I didn't like that show.

The first season was great, the last season was pretty good, the rest
was mostly forgettable.

Brandon

Anim8rFSK

Feb 5, 2008, 7:37:48 PM2/5/08
In article
<635535cf-dffb-426f...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:

> On Feb 4, 10:12 pm, jayembee <jayembeenos...@snurcher.com> wrote:

> It was the best work any of those actors will ever do. Holly Marie
> Combs did the much inferior "Charmed" after "PF," but who has watched
> skerritt, baker, mandylor, finkel, or holly in anything they made ever
> since. an exception should be made for don cheadle, who became a
> movie star afterward.

Hey now. Tom Skerritt went on to do MAMMOTH!

--
Star Trek 08:

No Shat, No Show.

tariq....@spamgourmet.com

Mar 30, 2008, 6:25:14 PM3/30/08

don't insult one of the 1990s' greatest programs.
the acting was exquisite, and every script made you think. can the
same be said of, say, 'ghost whisperer'?

jayembee

Mar 30, 2008, 6:33:25 PM3/30/08
tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:

>> The first season was great, the last season was pretty good,
>> the rest was mostly forgettable.
>>
>> Brandon
>
> don't insult one of the 1990s' greatest programs.

He's calling it as he sees it. I don't completely agree with
Brandon, but while, overall, I loved the show, it started to
wear by the time it was getting into its third season.

> the acting was exquisite, and every script made you think.
> can the same be said of, say, 'ghost whisperer'?

Does it matter whether the same can be said of GHOST WHISPERER?
Brandon wasn't saying anything about GW, or any other current
TV show. Or any other past TV show, for that matter.

-- jayembee

Message has been deleted

Anim8rFSK

Mar 30, 2008, 10:54:39 PM3/30/08
In article <Xns9A71BCC58870C...@140.99.99.130>,
jayembee <jayembe...@snurcher.com> wrote:

> tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:
>
> >> The first season was great, the last season was pretty good,
> >> the rest was mostly forgettable.
> >>
> >> Brandon
> >
> > don't insult one of the 1990s' greatest programs.
>
> He's calling it as he sees it. I don't completely agree with
> Brandon, but while, overall, I loved the show, it started to
> wear by the time it was getting into its third season.

Didn't Kelly leave and the writing spiralled down and then he came back
but it was too late? That would pretty much fit into Brandon's analysis.

--
Star Trek 09:

No Shat, No Show.
http://www.disneysub.com/board/noshat.jpg

Mar 30, 2008, 11:40:02 PM3/30/08
tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:

> On Feb 5, 4:08 pm, "cop...@yahoo.com" <cop...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > I didn't like that show.
> >
> > The first season was great, the last season was pretty good, the
> > rest was mostly forgettable.

> don't insult one of the 1990s' greatest programs.

Ha ha. No.

> the acting was exquisite, and every script made you think. can the
> same be said of, say, 'ghost whisperer'?

The scripts were badly contrived to become "the wide wide world
reflected in this small town". That was the main reason I didn't care
for it.

jayembee

Mar 31, 2008, 12:52:41 AM3/31/08
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> Didn't Kelly leave and the writing spiralled down and then he
> came back but it was too late?

I don't recall if he "came back", but he did reduce his workload
on PICKET FENCES (he wrote or co-wrote the entire first season)
to start up CHICAGO HOPE.

-- jayembee

Anim8rFSK

Mar 31, 2008, 2:47:54 AM3/31/08
In article <Xns9A728EE35001...@140.99.99.130>,
jayembee <jayembe...@snurcher.com> wrote:

Yeah, looks like he came back for season 4. Wrote a bunch of them
personally.

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Mar 31, 2008, 8:51:29 AM3/31/08
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-D94A6...@news.west.cox.net>,
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <Xns9A728EE35001...@140.99.99.130>,
> jayembee <jayembe...@snurcher.com> wrote:
>
> > Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Didn't Kelly leave and the writing spiralled down and then he
> > > came back but it was too late?
> >
> > I don't recall if he "came back", but he did reduce his workload
> > on PICKET FENCES (he wrote or co-wrote the entire first season)
> > to start up CHICAGO HOPE.
> >
> > -- jayembee
>
> Yeah, looks like he came back for season 4. Wrote a bunch of them
> personally.

It didn't help that, by the end, the show's budget had been cut to the
bone (no pun intended) and that many members of the regular cast had
been let go. By the time they did the last episode, which involved a
wedding that everyone presumably attended, they could pay only one of
the Brock kids to show up.

Ubiquitous

Mar 31, 2008, 1:04:21 PM3/31/08
OurOwnRon...@earthlinc.net wrote:
>tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:

>> don't insult one of the 1990s' greatest programs.
>> the acting was exquisite, and every script made you think.
>

>Always disliked that show a lot. Kathy Baker's worrywort character was
>horrifically grating and, every week, this mild little podunk town had a
>court case which could set some major, historical legal precedent. Uh
>huh.

IIRC, even stranger, the judgements usually were on the liberal/leftist side.

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn

leebossa

Mar 31, 2008, 2:13:34 PM3/31/08
i thought it was contrived and BORING....never cared for it either and
didn't understand all the raves.

Default User wrote:

tariq....@spamgourmet.com

Apr 6, 2008, 2:07:52 AM4/6/08
On Mar 31, 2:13 pm, leebossa <blans...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> i thought it was contrived and BORING....never cared for it either and
> didn't understand all the raves.

So much hostility toward this great show. I think shallow sorts
didn't like the knotty legal theories that Kelley discussed with
viewers he presumed to be intelligent and curious.

jayembee

Apr 6, 2008, 2:51:37 AM4/6/08
tariq....@spamgourmet.com wrote:

Well, while I liked the show, the "knotty legal theories that Kelley
discussed with viewers" were often warmed over ideas that he first
presented during his tenure on L.A. LAW. And which he offered up
yet again on THE PRACTICE.

-- jayembee

Jim_*_

Apr 22, 2008, 10:48:22 PM4/22/08
In article <310320080851299112%takebac...@2008.com>,

are you on crack?

That is not why the oldest boy is missing? He was getting involved in
other acting assignments and chose to bow out. All the major characters
were present for all of season 4, which was a really bad season. kelley
did not return to season 4 at all.

If you watch season 3, kelly wrapped it up in a manner that he belived
there would be no season 4. Season 4 was unlike the previous 3 seasons.
I just watched them all recently.

Anim8rFSK

Apr 23, 2008, 12:31:46 AM4/23/08
In article <ohyeah-F96BAA....@news-server.nyroc.rr.com>,
Jim_*_ <ohy...@nothere.com> wrote:

Then you might have noticed Kelley wrote much of season 4:

67. A Change of Season (22 September 1995) - Writer (creator)
68. Reap the Whirlwind (29 September 1995) - Writer (creator)
69. Pal Joey (6 October 1995) - Writer (creator)
70. Bloodbrothers (13 October 1995) - Writer (creator)
71. Dog Eat Dog (20 October 1995) - Writer (creator)
72. Heart of Saturday Night (27 October 1995) - Writer (creator)
73. Down the Tubes (3 November 1995) - Writer (creator)
74. Witness for the Prosecution (8 December 1995) - Writer (creator)
75. This Little Piggy (15 December 1995) - Writer (creator)
76. Dem Bones (5 January 1996) - Writer (creator)
77. Bloodlines (12 January 1996) - Writer (creator)
78. Snow Exit (19 January 1996) - Writer (creator)
79. My Romance (26 January 1996) - Writer (creator)
80. The Z Files (9 February 1996) - Writer (creator)
81. Bottled (16 February 1996) - Writer (creator)
82. Dante's Inferno (22 April 1996) - Writer (creator)
83. Three Weddings and a Meltdown (24 April 1996) - Writer (creator)
84. Bye-Bye, Bey-Bey (24 April 1996) - Writer (creator)
85. Winner Takes All (5 June 1996) - Writer (creator)
86. Forget Selma (12 June 1996) - Writer (creator)
87. To Forgive Is Devine (19 June 1996) - Writer (creator)
88. Liver Let Die (26 June 1996) - Writer (creator)

jayembee

Apr 23, 2008, 12:57:20 PM4/23/08
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

I'm guessing you got that from IMDb. Not a wise choice. Listing
Kelley as "Writer (creator)" for all those episodes doesn't mean
that he actually wrote them. IMDb classifies a series creator under
the umbrella of "writer", and that's why he's listed as such.

Check tv.com (http://www.tv.com/picket-
fences/show/295/episode_guide.html?season=4
&tag=season_dropdown;dropdown;3) and you'll see that Kelley actually
wrote only two episodes that season: "Witness for the Prosecution"
and "Bottled".

-- jayembee

Anim8rFSK

Apr 23, 2008, 8:09:44 PM4/23/08
In article <Xns9A8983C4FA8E3...@140.99.99.130>,
jayembee <jayembe...@snurcher.com> wrote:

Cool. Okay, he wrote some, so he did come back for S4.