Scott Wolf's performance on SNL

somebody

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

I found last night's broadcast featuring Scott Wolf was average. He looked
ridiculous doing that musical scene for the Reenactment Awards skit. He
didn't appear in many of the sketches except for 3-4 of them. What do you
guys think?

BLITZHAWK

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

"somebody" wrote:

I have to agree 100%. First off, I was just getting used to this cast (You
gotta admit they are nothing compared to the Sandler, Farley, Carvey, Myers
era), but they have actually put on some halfway decent shows this year.
Second of all, last week Garth Brooks was hilarious and did an excellent job
hosting so my expcetations were high this week. The last half hour was ok, if
the whole show would have been as good as the last 2 or 3 skits (The Marijuana
skit with Jim Bruer and the guitar playing skit with Chris Kittan) it would
have made for a good show. However, most of the skits were lame and The Party
Of Five skit sucked. What was up with that skit? They had Charlie (Will
Ferrell) in a hospital gown in the kitchen, Claudia wasen't played by Chris
Kittan (Who does a hilarious Kari Strug voice so I figured what was the
difference) she was played by that annoying Cherri O'Teri. The skit was all
about a black guy (Tracey Morgan) who would tell the Salingers about the
problems that were going on, and he would leave saying "I'll go get the car."
The Salingers would wonder who in the hell that black guy was and that was the
point of the whole skit which was boring. To top it all off, they featured the
2 worst skit characters SNL has ever produced, the very unfunny Mary Katherine
Gallagher (Molly Shannon) character, and the extremely stupid Spartan
Cheerleaders (Ferrell and O'Teri). The Reenactment awards skit was long and
crappy. Oh yeah, where in the hell was the weekly cartoon? They didn't even
have Goatboy who is the only funny skit character this year. The Heavy Metal
news anchorman (Jim Bruer) was funny. I'd give the show a definite D+ but I'll
blame it on the writers just like we all do with Party Of Five.

MEisner687

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

In article <19980308175...@ladder03.news.aol.com>, blit...@aol.com
(BLITZHAWK) writes:

>To top it all off, they featured the
>2 worst skit characters SNL has ever produced, the very unfunny Mary
>Katherine
>Gallagher (Molly Shannon) character, and the extremely stupid Spartan
>Cheerleaders (Ferrell and O'Teri).

See SNL Producers.... I'm not the only one. Please get rid of the above skits.
Please!!!!!

________________________

Vote Honest Abe in 2000.
Lincoln for President!!!

Joseph Lane

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

I enjoyed Scott Wolf's performance on SNL very much, not because the skits
were well written or anything but because we saw him laugh more in one night
of SNL than in a whole season of POF. I like the show Party of Five a lot
but sometimes it makes me sad because the characters spend a lot of time
yelling at each other. I would like it if POF was a little more positive
than it has been.

whatever@mindspamless.com Whoever Whatever

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

I enjoyed Scott Wolf's performance. He showed a variety of talents, and he
seemed to be enjoying it. Your "review" of the entire SNL cast was
mean-spirited and misinformed.

Rebecca N Jones

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

Well, we at least know that he can play the guitar and knows the lyrics to
a bunch of cool songs. I actually didn't think he sounded that bad when
he was singing...much better than some of the "successful" alternative
singers nowadays...
When life gives you lemons...
grab a bottle of tequila....
and well, you know the rest

lwasil

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

I really enjoyed Scott Wolf's performance on SNL. I thought the skits were
very good, and it was one of the better episodes this season. I especially
liked the part when he played the guitar and sang. I really thought last
nights episode sucked with Garth Brooks though, so everyone has a different
opinion I guess.
Lynn

BLITZHAWK

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

"Whoever" wrote:

I'll assume that was a reply to my post. Misinformed? Nobody "informed" me
that they sucked, I came upon that conclusion by myself. Therefore, how can my
opinion be misinformed if its my opinion? (here we go again). This is not
basic facts, its how I feel about the cast this season. Mean-spirited? Ok
writing down how I thought the show went was mean-spirited....oh ok. I thought
Batman Returns sucked is that mean-spirited? nope its opinion.

SSJedi

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

>He
>didn't appear in many of the sketches except for 3-4 of them. What do you
>guys think?

He most certainly did appear in MANY of the sketches... most of them, in fact.
Unless maybe it just seemed that he was in most of them cuz I was so excited to
be there. :)

Syndi

J Yates

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Depending on how an opinion is written down, it could be mean spirited... I
believe that Scott Wolf is a rather talent man who will be in a lot of great
movies/shows.. And he does an excellent job of portaying a character that
you can tell is not him.. (After all, Bailey has done some really stupid
things that you know Scott wouldn't do... :)

But, as for Batman & Robin sucking... You got that right (fact, not an
opinion)...

Oh.. Wait.. You said Batman Returns.. Oh well, same difference.. #2 and
#4 both sucked.... :)

--
Make up to $1,000/wk at home in your spare time!!!
For more information, send a S.A.S.E. to:

Nat'l Homeworkers Association
P.O. Box 11152
Richmond, VA 23230-1152
--
Visit my website!! http://airwolf.cnchost.com
--

BLITZHAWK wrote in message
<19980308233...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

Hal Rand

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

blit...@aol.com (BLITZHAWK) wrote:

> "somebody" wrote:
>
> >I found last night's broadcast featuring Scott Wolf was average. He looked
> >ridiculous doing that musical scene for the Reenactment Awards skit. He

> >didn't appear in many of the sketches except for 3-4 of them. What do you
> >guys think?
> >

> I have to agree 100%. First off, I was just getting used to this cast (You

> have made for a good show. However, most of the skits were lame and The
Party
> Of Five skit sucked. What was up with that skit? They had Charlie (Will
> Ferrell) in a hospital gown in the kitchen, Claudia wasen't played by Chris
> Kittan (Who does a hilarious Kari Strug voice so I figured what was the
> difference) she was played by that annoying Cherri O'Teri. The skit was all
> about a black guy (Tracey Morgan) who would tell the Salingers about the
> problems that were going on, and he would leave saying "I'll go get the
car."
> The Salingers would wonder who in the hell that black guy was and that was
the
> point of the whole skit which was boring.

I thought the dialog between "Charlie" and "Claudia" came very close to your
Charlie/Claudia script that you had posted earlier. If the SNL skit had
included your final lines...

Claudia: "Charlie..."
Charlie: "Cancer!"

I would have shouted, "Plagiarism!" Basically, I thought the skit wasn't as
funny as it could have been; you could have done better.

Hal

SSJedi

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

>As for the Party of 5 skit ... it was really lame except for how Charlie
>kept saying "shut up Claudia, I have Cancer" and "I can't because I'm
>sick." That made me laugh since it's just like the show. Charlie has to
>say stupid things like "You can't throw snowballs at me because I have
>Cancer". Ugh.

Yeah, when I watched them do this I thought about the various parodies we've
done and read about on this very NG. Made me LOL.

Syndi :)

Hal Rand

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

In article <19980310054...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,

It's like I posted yesterday, it came close to plagiarism. Besides, Blitz's
was funnier. Maybe he should re-post it for comparison.

Latika

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

I totally agree. You almost never see him crack a smile on that show. I
thought the po5 skit on snl was pretty funny though, some of it was
lame..but then again almost everything on snl is lame.
It was funny mostly because it was true..charlie complaining..julia
whining..and those short names they use for eachother..that was
funny.."claud?", "Bay?", "Jule?", "Im sick."

---

Latika

Cajo MacAvity

Mar 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/11/98

How can anybody complain about Scott's episode of SNL when we got to see him
freeze-dance to Parlaiment's "Flashlight"? I was in tears ROTFLMAO. The fact
that boyfriend has comic timing raises him several notches in my estimation of his
talent. (Hell, even I can cry on cue, but comedy is HARD -- not laughing at your
own jokes, deadpanning a punchline etc.)

Cajo MacAvity

alls...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2018, 5:39:12 PM6/26/18
On Sunday, March 8, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, somebody wrote:
> I found last night's broadcast featuring Scott Wolf was average. He looked
> ridiculous doing that musical scene for the Reenactment Awards skit. He
> didn't appear in many of the sketches except for 3-4 of them. What do you
> guys think?

I was looking for this episode, and couldn't find it online, only a discussion from 20 years ago. How could I *not* resurrect a 20 year old thread?