What the Hell Happened to Lacey Chabert?

tmc...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2013, 8:36:53 PM11/9/13
http://lebeauleblog.com/2013/11/09/what-the-hell-happened-to-lacey-chabert/

Lacey Chabert was classically trained at Juilliard. She has worked with all of the great American directors; Scorsese, Coppola, Spielberg, and even Kubrick. At the age of nine, Chabert became the youngest-ever Academy Award winner. She has followed up that Oscar win with two more, plus several nominations. Not to mention her Emmies, Grammies and Tony Awards. Chabert is one of only 12 people in history to win all four awards to qualify for EGOT status. There is no denying that she has forever changed the face of cinema and all of pop culture.

Well, maybe not. She’s actually a child actor who grew into a curvy Maxim cover girl. In fact, I have long considered her ineligible for the “What the Hell Happened” series due to her limited filmography. But two things convinced me to reconsider (and probably not the two things you are thinking of)*. First, to be completely honest, Chabert started showing up in the search terms that drive traffic to this site without even having an article devoted to her! That got me to thinking… how much traffic would Chabert generate if I actually wrote a picture-filled article about her?

But even being the sell-out that I am, that didn’t immediately convince me. What would I write about? Chabert’s only done a handful** of movies. So I looked over her filmography for an angle. And I made a startling discovery. These days, Chabert does a lot of voice work. I mean A LOT of voice work. Nowadays, it’s not uncommon for celebs to dabble in voice work to make a quick buck. But typically, cartoon voice-overs are done by talented actors who are not loved by the camera. But the camera LOVES Chabert. Allow me to present a visual demonstration:

This woman is working off camera! What the hell happened?

http://lebeauleblog.com/2013/11/09/what-the-hell-happened-to-lacey-chabert/2/

http://lebeauleblog.com/2013/11/09/what-the-hell-happened-to-lacey-chabert/3/

http://lebeauleblog.com/2013/11/09/what-the-hell-happened-to-lacey-chabert/4/