Where's Zim?!

azog

Sep 21, 2001, 7:47:06 AM9/21/01
Last week, a new Zim was replaced by the Fairly Odd Parents. Someone posted
a dubious explaination that the new episode had to do with the FBI, and
with recent events, Nick made a poor Politically Correct choice to pull the
episode.

Now tonight, I check tvguide.com to see if I need to set my VCR, and I see
two Fairly Odd Parents, and no Zim... argh! I need my Zim...

Don Del Grande

Sep 21, 2001, 12:55:40 PM9/21/01
azog wrote:

Check it again. Now it says they are showing Zim, but it's "Bestest
Friend / Nanozim" rather than the originally scheduled new episode
(something about Dib turning into a giant bologna, and Gaz trying to
get her hands on a Game Slave 2).

(The fact that they've replaced two new episodes makes it sound like
they couldn't get them finished in time - presumably as a result of
what happened last week (maybe they couldn't get all of the people
they needed together because of the flight cancellations?).)

---------------------------------------
Don Del Grande, del_g...@netvista.net
The Sunday afternoon episode is back as well

Message has been deleted

rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Sep 21, 2001, 7:54:27 PM9/21/01
In article <5JRq7.4747$W8.4...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
A.O. <ao...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>It was "Bestest Friend" and "Nanozim" as planned-- except it aired some ten
>minutes early. It makes me wonder why Nickelodeon doesn't put
>interstitial(sp?) fills into its lineup, so that the other shows can begin and
>end on schedule (most networks do this if live events go into overtime).

One of the reasons why I prefer to be home to tape the shows by hand -- many shows on Nickelodeon tend to start up to 5
minutes earlier or later than the scheduled time, though 10 minutes before the actual start time must be some sort of record.

--
Steve Mindykowski
rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Don Del Grande

Sep 22, 2001, 2:09:02 PM9/22/01
Steve Mindykowski wrote:

> A.O. wrote:
>>It was "Bestest Friend" and "Nanozim" as planned-- except it aired some ten
>>minutes early.

>One of the reasons why I prefer to be home to tape the shows by hand -- many shows on Nickelodeon tend to start up to 5

>minutes earlier or later than the scheduled time, though 10 minutes before the actual start time must be some sort of record.

I was wondering if it was a "Pacific feed only" thing, but I assume
now that it was on both feeds. Here's what I saw:
7:55 - SpongeBob SquarePants started five minutes early and aired
normally
8:25 - The Fairly Oddparents started five minutes early; however,
about five minutes before the show was supposed to end (in "The
Zappys", right after Billy Crystal-Ball gives the award to Cosmo and
Wanda, the episode is interrupted by a couple of what appear to be
"local" commercials, and then Invader Zim starts (without showing
either the ending to the Fairly Oddparents episode (with the Crimson
Chin/Copper Cranium ending) or that show's credits). Because of this
"jump", it's about 8:50 when Zim starts.
8:50 - Invader Zim aires normally
9:20 - Kablam! airs normally

Don Del Grande, del_g...@netvista.net
The last time I saw Nick's schedule off this badly was when they aired
"Parents Day" for the first time

Robert Mackey

Sep 22, 2001, 7:15:24 PM9/22/01
"Don Del Grande" <del_g...@netvista.net> wrote in message

> Steve Mindykowski wrote:
>
> > A.O. wrote:
> >>It was "Bestest Friend" and "Nanozim" as planned-- except it aired some
ten
> >>minutes early.
>
> >One of the reasons why I prefer to be home to tape the shows by hand --
many shows on Nickelodeon tend to start up to 5
> >minutes earlier or later than the scheduled time, though 10 minutes
before the actual start time must be some sort of record.

> I was wondering if it was a "Pacific feed only" thing, but I assume
> now that it was on both feeds. Here's what I saw:
> 7:55 - SpongeBob SquarePants started five minutes early and aired
> normally
> 8:25 - The Fairly Oddparents started five minutes early; however,
> about five minutes before the show was supposed to end (in "The
> Zappys", right after Billy Crystal-Ball gives the award to Cosmo and
> Wanda, the episode is interrupted by a couple of what appear to be
> "local" commercials, and then Invader Zim starts (without showing
> either the ending to the Fairly Oddparents episode (with the Crimson
> Chin/Copper Cranium ending) or that show's credits). Because of this
> "jump", it's about 8:50 when Zim starts.
> 8:50 - Invader Zim aires normally
> 9:20 - Kablam! airs normally

Nick GAS is even worse...due to varying times of some of its packaged
shows like Wild Card, it's been as many as 20 minutes early and 15 minutes
late starting shows.

Noggin seems to me to be the exception...everything starts within the
minute.

--Robair

rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Sep 23, 2001, 1:20:50 AM9/23/01
In article <5ikpqt0uv6hmadqc5...@4ax.com>,

Don Del Grande <del_g...@netvista.net> wrote:

>I was wondering if it was a "Pacific feed only" thing, but I assume
>now that it was on both feeds.

Apparently, Nick's western feed is an exact copy of Nick's eastern feed, which is electronically delayed 3 hours before air,
warts and all. I say "warts and all", as any technical problems that occur in the east will occur in the west 3 hours later.