Rugrats Marathon, Saturday 1/19

Steve Mindykowski

Jan 12, 2002, 2:18:39 AM1/12/02

While the "Preschool Daze" episode of Rugrats has been delayed indefinitely (so it seems), Nick will be showing a Rugrats
marathon Saturday 1/19, 2PM ET to 6PM ET, featuring only the latest episodes from last year.

And the 7:30PM ET episode is -- Cat Got Your Tongue? / The War Room / Attention Please -- the same episode that will be seen
earlier that day at 3:30PM ET.

Some consolation prize.

--
Steve Mindykowski
rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Nickdisk

Jan 12, 2002, 8:00:57 PM1/12/02
cool :)

~stewart :)

My Nickelodeon TV, Nicktoons, Classic Nick, Nickelodeon UK & AU, Nick
At Nite message board - http://pub69.ezboard.com/bnickdisk

Kim Burk

Jan 13, 2002, 1:57:12 AM1/13/02
Um, no offense Stewart, but could you please not reply to messages
with just "cool"? It's very... bad to respond to something when
you're not adding any new content.

Kim Burk
www.kimburk.com

rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Jan 13, 2002, 2:40:22 AM1/13/02
In article <7a521786.02011...@posting.google.com>,
m...@kimburk.com (Kim Burk) wrote:

>Um, no offense Stewart, but could you please not reply to messages
>with just "cool"? It's very... bad to respond to something when
>you're not adding any new content.

Especially since, in my original post, I was expressing displeasure for what Nick is doing. In that issue of Nick Magazine,
Nick promised viewers new episodes starting 1/21, with the "Preschool Daze" pilot. But instead, viewers will be treated to a
7-hour SpongeBob marathon (whether or not that's good news is up to you). And where Rugrats is concerned, they'll be showing a
marathon of episodes from 2001 on 1/19, with one of the episodes being seen again at 7:30PM ET.

My main intent, of course, is Nick's constant baiting with promises of new episodes of new series, only to give us something
completely different in the end. And of course, when I said "some consolation prize", I was being sarcastic.

Super Yo

Jan 13, 2002, 5:28:02 AM1/13/02
I thought Pre-School Daze has been aired in Canada... am I wrong ?

btw (imo) I think you and Kim Burk should be nicer in this news newsgroup...
:-(

A.O.

Jan 13, 2002, 12:45:01 PM1/13/02

Super Yo <super_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> btw (imo) I think you and Kim Burk should
> be nicer in this news newsgroup...
> :-(

I didn't see any meany-ness in their posts at all. It's
usually considered poor netiquette to post one-line,
one-word messages, and they just told the poster to stop
doing that. Actually, their replys were about as nice and
tame as you can get, compared to what can be found in other
newsgroups.

--
A.O.
ao...@worldnet.att.net

Kim Burk

Jan 13, 2002, 3:04:42 PM1/13/02
"Super Yo" <super_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<a1rndm$pd9$1...@wanadoo.fr>...
> btw (imo) I think you and Kim Burk should be nicer in this news newsgroup...
> :-(

How is telling someone politely to stop posting distracting and
pointless messages mean? I consider Nickdisk a friend, but there's
this thing called netiquette that it'd be nice for people to follow so
posting here stays pleasant.

Kim Burk
www.kimburk.com

Natjackm92

Jan 13, 2002, 4:39:59 PM1/13/02
Another Rugrats Marathon. I never saw that coming ''yawn".

Steve Mindykowski

Jan 13, 2002, 4:50:31 PM1/13/02
In article <a1rndm$pd9$1...@wanadoo.fr>,
"Super Yo" <super_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I thought Pre-School Daze has been aired in Canada... am I wrong ?

According to schedules, neither YTV nor Vrak.TV had this episode scheduled yet. For YTV, it'll be anytime between the end of
January and the end of February, at the earliest. For Vrak.TV, it'll probaby be this fall at the earliest.

Steve Mindykowski

Jan 13, 2002, 10:25:48 PM1/13/02
A quick update...

According to the online listings, "Preschool Daze" will not been scheduled to air on Nick through 1/27. It'll be 1/28, at the
earliest.

While the 1/21 airdate is not likely, the general January airdate (according to Klasky-Csupo) will be blown to bits if the new
shows don't start anytime between 1/28 to 1/31. Which, in that case, Nick's programmers would not only rile up Rugrats fans,
but the people who produce the show as well.

michael martin

Jan 15, 2002, 3:54:03 PM1/15/02
Steve Mindykowski <rugr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<a1onnf$2mm$1...@slb3.atl.mindspring.net>...
> While the "Preschool Daze" episode of Rugrats has been delayed indefinitely (so it seems), Nick will be showing a Rugrats
> marathon Saturday 1/19, 2PM ET to 6PM ET, featuring only the latest episodes from last year.
>
> And the 7:30PM ET episode is -- Cat Got Your Tongue? / The War Room / Attention Please -- the same episode that will be seen
> earlier that day at 3:30PM ET.
>
> Some consolation prize.

While this is probably off the topic, why are Rugrats episodes being
shown with three bits rather than the usual two? One of the three
shorts seems to always be only a minute-long (or so) gag which would
probably be better suited to network bumpers or something similar.

Super Yo

Jan 16, 2002, 1:05:23 AM1/16/02
with 3 parts in Rugrats episodes, Nick can put 2 advert in it... :-(

Bristols

Jan 16, 2002, 1:05:11 AM1/16/02
>> While the "Preschool Daze" episode of Rugrats has been delayed indefinitely
>(so it seems),

It was probably rescheduled for February Sweeps.

rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Jan 16, 2002, 2:48:17 AM1/16/02
In article <fb3f5c1d.02011...@posting.google.com>,

In article <a2355b$4vl$1...@wanadoo.fr>,
"Super Yo" <super_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>with 3 parts in Rugrats episodes, Nick can put 2 advert in it... :-(

Not so, at least in the US & Canada -- on Nick in the US, there's still only one commercial break during the programs, while
in Canada, the commercial structures for the 3-story episodes are the same as those for the 2 stories.

Here are the ad structures for Rugrats on Nick (US), YTV (English Canada) and Vrak.TV (French Canada):

NICK US:

2 story episodes:

Opening Credits
Story 1
Commercial
Story 2
Closing Credits

3 story episodes:

Opening Credits
Story 1
Commercial
Story 2
Story 3
Closing Credits

YTV:

2 story episodes (1991 to mid-1999):

Opening Credits
Story 1 (part 1)
Commercial
Story 1 (part 2)
Commercial
Story 2 (part 1)
Commercial
Story 2 (part 2)
Closing Credits

2 story episodes (Mid-1999 & 2000):

Opening Credits
Commercial
Story 1
Commercial
Story 2
Commercial
Closing Credits

3 story episodes:

Opening Credits
Commercial
Story 1
Commercial
Story 2
Story 3
Commercial
Closing Credits

VRAK.TV:

2 story episodes:

Opening Credits
Story 1
Commercial
Story 2
Closing Credits

3 story episodes:

Opening Credits
Story 1
Story 2
Commercial
Story 3
Closing Credits

Stories that last a half-hour or longer (produced after 1999), such as Finsterella and All Growed Up, have 2 breaks during
the program on Nick, while the ad structure in Canada is the same.

As for why there's 3 stories instead of 2 -- more ad space for channels that want them, I guess. That, and more stories, of
course.

MegamorphJ

Jan 16, 2002, 7:10:56 PM1/16/02
>It was probably rescheduled for February Sweeps.

Cable networks do not particpate in sweeps. Though it would look good if Nick
beat ABC or KidsWB's kids block er something.

Nickdisk

Jan 16, 2002, 9:36:42 PM1/16/02
opps, didnt know, sorry Kim :)

~stewart :)

My Nickelodeon TV, Nicktoons, Classic Nick, Nickelodeon UK & AU, Nick
At Nite message board - http://pub69.ezboard.com/bnickdisk

Nickdisk

Jan 16, 2002, 9:41:49 PM1/16/02
btw, it looks like Nick AU are having a rugrats marathon as well, this
is on their website

--

NATIONAL RUGRATS DAY!

Still can't get enough of the Rugrats! Catch them all day on the 26th
January from 6am - midnight!
--

~stewart :)

My Nickelodeon TV, Nicktoons, Classic Nick, Nickelodeon UK & AU, Nick
At Nite message board - http://pub69.ezboard.com/bnickdisk

rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Jan 17, 2002, 3:48:39 AM1/17/02
In article <b28304ed.02011...@posting.google.com>,
nickd...@hotmail.com (Nickdisk) wrote:

>btw, it looks like Nick AU are having a rugrats marathon as well, this
>is on their website
>

>NATIONAL RUGRATS DAY!
>
>Still can't get enough of the Rugrats! Catch them all day on the 26th
>January from 6am - midnight!

And two big marathons during the same month, no doubt -- according to that same website, Nick AU had a "Nappy Rash" ("Diaper
Rash" to Americans, "Diapie Rash" to the Rugrats these days) marathon on New Year's Day, which also ran from 6AM to Midnight.

By the way, is Nick AU still on around the clock? Sometime last year, it started a 24-hour schedule after the Aussie Nick-At
Nite was discontinued. But, according to their schedule for this month, it only runs to 10PM.

rugr...@ix.netcom.com

Jan 17, 2002, 3:52:22 AM1/17/02
>In article <b28304ed.02011...@posting.google.com>,
> nickd...@hotmail.com (Nickdisk) wrote:
>
>>Still can't get enough of the Rugrats! Catch them all day on the 26th
>>January from 6am - midnight!

I should mention that the Rugrats marathon on that day is in celebration of Australia Day, which, of course, is a national
holiday on 1/26.

Brion K. Lienhart

Jan 17, 2002, 12:20:57 PM1/17/02
"Steve Mindykowski" <rugr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> While the 1/21 airdate is not likely, the general January airdate
(according to Klasky-Csupo) will be blown to bits if the new
> shows don't start anytime between 1/28 to 1/31. Which, in that case,
Nick's programmers would not only rile up Rugrats fans,
> but the people who produce the show as well.

I thought that was part of the TV Producer's Secret Oath of Office?

"I, [state your name], promise to do my best, to do my duty, to make TV
viewing as unpleasent as possible for the maximum amount of people..."