'Happy Days' Stars Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley

1 view

Taylor

Oct 19, 2010, 3:29:37 PM10/19/10
'Happy Days' Stars Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley
10/19/2010 9:57 AM PDT by TMZ Staff, NTVLand

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/10/19/1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a.jpg

Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on
"Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but
remember their former castmate as a "great man."

Winkler tells us, "I saw him before I ever got to Hollywood on
Broadway, and he was great. And then I got to act with him for 10
years and he was great. Tom Bosley was our mentor. He was a true
artist ... a great husband, and a fabulous father and grandfather. He
will be sorely missed, but never forgotten."

Baio adds, "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business
and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."

See also
Tom Bosley Is Dead

Filed under: Henry Winkler, Scott Baio, Tom Bosley, R.I.P., TV

---

Shocked?! Seriously... you haven't worked with your once 30-something,
40-something co-star in almost 3 decades and he/she is now geriatrics
(at least 70+) and your'e "shocked" by their passing.

Frank Cady -- Sam Drucker on Petticoat Junction/Green Acres -- is
something like, 92 (!!!) and HE'S still alive, believe it or not! When
he dies, I'll expect Betty-Jo to release a "shocked" statement, too.

Jim Gysin

Oct 19, 2010, 5:52:35 PM10/19/10

Taylor sent the following on 10/19/2010 2:29 PM:

> 'Happy Days' Stars Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley
> 10/19/2010 9:57 AM PDT by TMZ Staff, NTVLand
>

> http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/10/19/1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a.jpg
>

> Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on
> "Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but
> remember their former castmate as a "great man."

RIP, Amos.

But "shocked"? He was 83. Yes, that probably seems young when you're
there, but it's not exactly youth. "Shocked" would be learning that
Bosley was going to become a father, or something.

--
Jim Gysin
Waukesha, WI

Dano

Oct 19, 2010, 6:08:52 PM10/19/10

"Jim Gysin" <jimg...@geemail.com> wrote in message
Maybe they were shocked he was still around that long...or that he was that
old. Like...oh my God...if he was THAT old...what am I?

Christopher Helms

Oct 19, 2010, 6:15:49 PM10/19/10

I heard that Frank was not only still alive but still golfing. Well,
good for him.

tdciago

Oct 19, 2010, 6:25:18 PM10/19/10
On Oct 19, 5:52 pm, Jim Gysin <jimgy...@geemail.com> wrote:
> "Shocked" would be learning that
> Bosley was going to become a father, or something.

Yes, not everyone can be a Tony Randall.
:)

suzeeq

Oct 19, 2010, 6:42:10 PM10/19/10

Maybe they didn't know he was that ill.

John McWilliams

Oct 19, 2010, 6:46:51 PM10/19/10
On 10/19/10 PDT 2:52 PM, Jim Gysin wrote: Taylor sent the following on
10/19/2010 2:29 PM:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/10/19/1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a.jpg

>> Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on
>> "Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but
>> remember their former castmate as a "great man."
>
> RIP, Amos.
>
> But "shocked"? He was 83. Yes, that probably seems young when you're
> there, but it's not exactly youth. "Shocked" would be learning that
> Bosley was going to become a father, or something.

Damn press agents! Next they'll be calling his death "a tragedy".

--
john mcwilliams

Taylor

Oct 19, 2010, 8:11:26 PM10/19/10

Or "untimely" death.

The dude who played Homer Bedlow on Petticoat Junction sure was
"Gyped". Only lived to 102!

> --
> john mcwilliams

Anim8rFSK

Oct 22, 2010, 12:22:24 PM10/22/10
In article
<0da061f0-657a-4ad2...@c20g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
Christopher Helms <Chrish...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Excellent!

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Hunter

Oct 23, 2010, 12:28:29 PM10/23/10
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:29:37 -0700 (PDT), Taylor
<lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>'Happy Days' Stars Pay Tribute to Tom Bosley
>10/19/2010 9:57 AM PDT by TMZ Staff, NTVLand
>

>http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/10/19/1019-henry-scott-tom-exd-01a.jpg
>

>Henry Winkler and Scott Baio -- who both co-starred with Tom Bosley on
>"Happy Days" -- tell TMZ they are both shocked by his death ... but
>remember their former castmate as a "great man."
>

>Winkler tells us, "I saw him before I ever got to Hollywood on
>Broadway, and he was great. And then I got to act with him for 10
>years and he was great. Tom Bosley was our mentor. He was a true
>artist ... a great husband, and a fabulous father and grandfather. He
>will be sorely missed, but never forgotten."
>
>Baio adds, "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business
>and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."
>

>See also
>Tom Bosley Is Dead
>

>Filed under: Henry Winkler, Scott Baio, Tom Bosley, R.I.P., TV
>
>---
>
>Shocked?! Seriously... you haven't worked with your once 30-something,
>40-something co-star in almost 3 decades and he/she is now geriatrics
>(at least 70+) and your'e "shocked" by their passing.

----
They needn't had to be working on the same projects to remain in
touch. How do you know they didn't call each other up and have golf
each weekend? In it is always a shock when a friend dies and there is
a difference between shock and surprise.By today's standard 70 isn't
all that old anymore so he could had been surprised ant Bosley's death
as well.

>Frank Cady -- Sam Drucker on Petticoat Junction/Green Acres -- is
>something like, 92 (!!!) and HE'S still alive, believe it or not! When
>he dies, I'll expect Betty-Jo to release a "shocked" statement, too.

----
See above there is a difference between shock and surprise. And if
Frank Cady is in relative good health it would be still be a shock if
not really a surprise.

------>Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907