Leslyn Lewis Wants To Defund The CBC And I Agree.

Gregory Carr

Jun 8, 2022, 3:50:41 PM6/8/22

I agree on this and just recently donated $300 to your campaign.

On Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 07:32:34 a.m. PDT, Leslyn Lewis <vo...@leslynlewis.ca> wrote:

Dear Greg,

I can remember a time, not that long ago, when people in Canada actually believed their own eyes.

That is not the case anymore. It doesn’t matter whether it’s in a race for clicks, or a politicized agenda, the divisive and sensationalist stories from our mainstream media have caused Canadians to lose their trust in our legacy media.

Who can forget the ludicrous cover of the Toronto Star publishing questions about whether the unvaccinated deserved to die.

While the media are quick to decry “misinformation” and “division”, they are far to often, the ones spreading it.

The mainstream media long ago abandoned its role as a faithful and objective reporter of news. Instead, they have become their own left-wing echo chamber.

They often parrot government talking points, fail to cover key perspectives or events, or even worse – publish unverified, false stories that mislead the public.

What's more, in 2019 Justin Trudeau created an official process through which the government determines who can be called a journalist in order to qualify for generous government subsidies and benefits.

But the “Qualified Canadian Journalism Organization” structure that allegedly exists to support Canadian news, in fact undermines the integrity of the whole thing.

Everyone has the right to free speech and to their own views, but the government shouldn't be paying for the ability of journalists to amplify their opinions.

And the threat of losing your paycheque should never be hanging over the heads of news editors and journalists who help keep those in power honest.

As Prime Minister, I will:

Defund the CBC. By far, the biggest subsidy is the $1.2 billion the government hands the state broadcaster every single year. The credibility of the CBC is in shambles with more recent examples of fake news exposed. Just last week, I had to challenge the CBC’s faulty media narratives against me. It’s past time taxpayers stop funding a news organization that force-feeds them woke, Liberal Party talking points.

End the Qualified Canadian Journalism Organization designations. Under no circumstance should government be determining, away from public view, what counts as Canadian journalism and what government perks and grants can be accessed because of it.

End the media bailouts, including the labour tax credit, the digital news subscription credit, and the income tax exemption for media companies that re-structure to operate like charities. These handouts sell out the media’s independence and they reward those who continue to push left-wing think pieces that nobody wants.

A free and independent press that holds the government to account is a key pillar of our democracy. It’s vital the press stays independent so our democracy can remain strong.

Will you help me restore a truly free press in Canada? Donate Today!

Donate!
Sincerely,

PS: Donate today to help me take my vision of hope, unity, and compassion across Canada.

-=-=-
Leslyn Lewis · Canada
This email was sent to greg...@yahoo.ca. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Leslyn Lewis on Twitter or Facebook.

-=-=-
Created with NationBuilder, software for leaders.