Re: (IVAN): JUSTICIA y RECTITUD

IVAN VALAREZO

Jan 24, 2008, 1:07:21 PM1/24/08
as a man, who announces to us the secrets of God, is not worthy to be
believed on his private authority, and that is why the ungodly doubt him; so
when a man, as a token of the communion which he has with God, raises the
dead, foretells the future, removes the seas, heals the sick, there is none
so wicked as not to bow to him, and the incredulity of Pharaoh and the
Pharisees is the effect of a supernatural obduracy.

When, therefore, we see miracles and a doctrine not suspicious, both on one
side, there is no difficulty. But when we see miracles and suspicious
doctrine on the same side, we must then see which is the clearest. Jesus
Christ was suspected.

Bar-jesus blinded. The power of God surpasses that of His enemies.

The Jewish exorcists beaten by the devils, saying, "Jesus I know, and Paul I
know; but who are ye"?

Miracles are for doctrine, and not doctrine for miracles.

If the miracles are true, shall we be able to persuade men of all doctrine?
No; for this will not come to pass. Si angelus...[208]

Rule: we must judge of doctrine by miracles; we must judge of miracles by
doctrine. All this is true, but con