[Article] Grover Is Now a Reporter. Journalists Aren?t Optimistic

Your Name

Feb 15, 2024, 6:47:26 PMFeb 15

"now a reporter"?!? "new gig"?!? "foray into journalism"?!?
I guess this proves the news journalists really are dumb and/or never
do their fact checking. As any Sesame Street viewer knows, Grover has
been a reporter (off and on) for decades ... probably far longer than
the numbnuts who wrote and are quoted in this article.

Grover Is Now a Reporter. Journalists Aren't Optimistic.
Some human reporters predicted that the furry Muppet's new gig
would be short given the dire state of the news industry.

Grover, the furry blue Muppet from "Sesame Street," is known
for working lots of jobs over the years, including astronaut
and dentist. Now he is apparently a journalist.

"As a news reporter, I always do my research before I break a
story," he wrote Monday on X. "I am confident to report that
you are so special and amazing!"

Some fellow journalists welcomed him into the profession,
albeit with some ribbing about the reliability of his reporting
and his professionalism. "Who are your sources," wrote
Danielle Kurtzleben, a reporter with National Public Radio,
which published a separate news story about Grover's foray into
journalism.

Others predicted that his career would be short given the dire
state of the news industry, which has been hit with unrelenting
rounds of layoffs and closures in recent months while also
struggling with reader fatigue.

"I regret to report a hedge fund has since purchased Grover's
paper and laid him off," wrote S.P. Sullivan, a reporter with
NJ.com.

<https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/14/business/media/grover-muppet-reporter-layoffs.html>

super70s

Feb 15, 2024, 10:49:14 PMFeb 15
On 2024-02-15 23:47:24 +0000, Your Name said:

> "now a reporter"?!? "new gig"?!? "foray into journalism"?!?
> I guess this proves the news journalists really are dumb and/or never
> do their fact checking. As any Sesame Street viewer knows, Grover has
> been a reporter (off and on) for decades ... probably far longer than
> the numbnuts who wrote and are quoted in this article.

Sesame Street was after my time as a kid (from the header I thought you
might have been talking about anti-tax freak Grover Norquist, lol), but
I do remember a reporter puppet from some Saturday morning kids show
named "Harry Unreasonable" -- a take off on the late ABC journalist
Harry Reasoner.

I just googled "Harry Unreasonable" and came up completely dry -- most
everything was about Prince Harry, lol.

A Friend

Feb 16, 2024, 12:12:55 AMFeb 16
In article <uqmlvo$3n35c$1...@dont-email.me>, super70s
Harry Unreasonable was from a '70s kid show called Hot Fudge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Fudge