Real Life "Goodbye, Charlie"

Horace LaBadie

Oct 16, 2009, 5:27:08 PM10/16/09
<http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20091016/D9BCDM9G0.html>

"Minn. man suspected of encouraging suicides

Oct 16, 4:44 PM (ET)

By CHRIS WILLIAMS

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A nurse who authorities say got his kicks by visiting
Internet suicide chat rooms and encouraging depressed people to kill
themselves is under investigation in at least two deaths and could face
criminal charges that could test the limits of the First Amendment.

Investigators said William Melchert-Dinkel, 47, feigned compassion for
those he chatted with, while offering step-by-step instructions on how
to take their lives.

"Most importatn is the placement of the noose on the neck ... Knot
behind the left ear and rope across the carotid is very important for
instant unconciousness and death," he allegedly wrote in one Web chat.

He is under investigation in the suicides of Mark Drybrough, 32, who
hanged himself at his home in Coventry, England, in 2005, and Nadia
Kajouji, an 18-year-old from Brampton, Ontario, who drowned in a river
in Ottawa, where she was studying at Carleton University."

Not exactly, but eerily similar.

Murielle

Oct 20, 2009, 7:26:13 PM10/20/09

"Horace LaBadie" <hwlab...@nospam.highstream.net> wrote in message

Creepy! I suppose nothing should surprise me now, but yeah, that's
horrible. An 18 year old! Heartbreaking.

Murielle