Chris Willingham

Horace LaBadie

Oct 30, 2011, 11:21:57 AM10/30/11
Editing "Grimm," the new Buffy-lite series from David Greenwalt on
Friday over at NBC. Chris edited many of the episodes of Millennium, and
chimed in here occasionally.

Grimm is sort of a cross between X-Files and Buffy.

CMiller

Nov 22, 2011, 10:59:03 PM11/22/11
Horace, so good to hear from you on this group! Hope you are well.

I gave Grimm a couple of looks, but it didn't really call me. I'm kind
of enjoying Once Upon A Time on ABC (though it has a very Lost vibe,
given it is produced by former Lost folks).

I sadly await a show as good as MM.

In article <hwlabadiejr-47C3...@nntp.aioe.org>,
hwlab...@nospam.highstream.net says...

Horace LaBadie

Nov 22, 2011, 11:16:51 PM11/22/11
In article <MPG.29361d747...@news.eternal-september.org>,
I like both shows a little. Grimm has the Vancouver scenery going for
it, and there is the dark humor to like. Once has some amusing modern
takes on the classic stories: Snow as an outlaw, for instance. The most
recent Grimm had Nana Visitor as a guest star, so I had to watch that
one.

Murielle

Dec 12, 2011, 2:01:45 PM12/12/11

"Horace LaBadie" <hwlab...@nospam.highstream.net> wrote in message
I haven't watched it. It's funny, every now and then I have an urge to
watch MM and do, and the whole time I'm watching I'm thinking it's still the
best thing that has ever been on TV. I'm also thoroughly convinced that it
would never get on the air today. I can't believe we were lucky enough to
have this series, even for three seasons.

Hope everyone's enjoying a pretty and mild winter.
Murielle

Horace LaBadie

Dec 12, 2011, 5:09:22 PM12/12/11
In article <vcsFq.14440$cw4....@newsfe11.iad>,
There were two episodes of Grimm last week. Both were good, and rather
funny.

I keep expecting MM to show up on one of the many digital subchannels
that now specialize in reruns. It would be cut to pieces, no doubt.

Murielle

Dec 12, 2011, 11:15:11 PM12/12/11

> There were two episodes of Grimm last week. Both were good, and rather
> funny.
>
> I keep expecting MM to show up on one of the many digital subchannels
> that now specialize in reruns. It would be cut to pieces, no doubt.

I've been watching Lost Girl, but not religiously. I believe it is based on
a ... what's it called? ... graphic novel. It's quite good.

I know Scream carried MM a few years back. I don't have Scream. But you're
right it probably will turn up again, in ribbons.

Murielle

Horace LaBadie

Dec 13, 2011, 2:59:00 PM12/13/11
In article <njAFq.22112$LO2....@newsfe13.iad>,
MeTV carries a lot of old shows, from the '50s through the early '80s,
and cuts them to fit the shorter times that are normal now. Still, I
don't mind a little loss if I can see Peter Gunn or the occasional
episode of Kojak.

Murielle

Dec 14, 2011, 10:06:02 PM12/14/11

"Horace LaBadie" <hwlab...@nospam.highstream.net> wrote in message
Don't think I ever saw Peter Gunn, but I remember ol' "who loves you baby?"
fondly.

Murielle

Horace LaBadie

Dec 20, 2011, 5:05:19 PM12/20/11
In article <yudGq.15852$_H.1...@newsfe16.iad>,
Craig Stevens, Herschel Bernardi and Loa Albright were the stars of
Peter Gunn. Blake Edwards was the creator and executive producer. Henry
Mancini wrote the theme music, which enjoyed a revival with the Blues
Brothers. Great half hour detective series. Peter was cool. Probably the
best detective series until Rockford came along.

Murielle

May 23, 2012, 3:51:43 AM5/23/12

"Horace LaBadie" <hwlab...@nospam.highstream.net> wrote in message
I'm pretty sure my grandmother used to watch The Rockford Files ... was that
the title? It's been so long. I wasn't as into TV in those days, I had my
hair to worry about. ;-)

Murielle

Horace LaBadie

May 23, 2012, 12:36:15 PM5/23/12
In article <lG0vr.12296$FL3....@newsfe11.iad>,
James Garner as Jim Rockford back in the middle '70s. ROckford was sort
of a modern wisecracking Philip Marlowe type. In fact, Garner had played
Marlowe in a movie in 1968. (Bruce Lee's first movie, BTW.) Rockford
also gave Tom Selleck his big break as a detective as Lance White, the
Too-Perfect Private Eye.

Murielle

Jun 3, 2012, 8:51:35 PM6/3/12

"Horace LaBadie" <hwlab...@nospam.highstream.net> wrote in message
Yup, that's the one she watched, though her favorite was ... can't recall
the actor's name, but he appeared later as Nero Wolfe in a series. My
grandmother thought he was a very handsome man. (Each to their own...)

Horace LaBadie

Jun 4, 2012, 7:17:45 PM6/4/12
In article <hIVyr.52981$On2....@newsfe16.iad>,
"Murielle" <muri...@invalid.com> wrote:

> > James Garner as Jim Rockford back in the middle '70s. ROckford was sort
> > of a modern wisecracking Philip Marlowe type. In fact, Garner had played
> > Marlowe in a movie in 1968. (Bruce Lee's first movie, BTW.) Rockford
> > also gave Tom Selleck his big break as a detective as Lance White, the
> > Too-Perfect Private Eye.
>
> Yup, that's the one she watched, though her favorite was ... can't recall
> the actor's name, but he appeared later as Nero Wolfe in a series. My
> grandmother thought he was a very handsome man. (Each to their own...)

William Conrad? He played Frank Cannon on "Cannon" in the middle '70s,
and was briefly Nero Wolfe around 1980 or so. He later was the Fat Man
in "Jake and the Fat Man." He was, as they say, rotund. Parenthetically,
Conrad was Marshal Matt Dillon on the radio series "Gunsmoke," which
preceded the TV series. He also did the narration on "The Fugitive."
"Fate moved its massive hand..."

Murielle

Jun 24, 2013, 5:46:08 AM6/24/13

"Horace LaBadie" <hwlab...@nospam.highstream.net> wrote in message
That's the actor! My grandmother thought he was a very handsome man. ;-)