Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

Fr. Mulcahy

58 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Elisabeth Wickeri

no leída,
2 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.2/5/1999
para

does anyone know why the actor who played fr. mulcahy in the first episode
was replaced?

--liz.

David Brunt

no leída,
2 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.2/5/1999
para
Elisabeth Wickeri wrote in message ...

>does anyone know why the actor who played fr. mulcahy in the first episode
>was replaced?

Probably the same as with any pilot being picked up for a series.

The pilot would have been done months before the go-ahead was made to do more.
The actor was then most likely unavailable, or unwilling to do the series for
some reason. It was a very small part at the start of the series, so perhaps
the incentive to appear as a semi-regular with only a line or two didn't appeal
to him.

I'm sure Larry G will know for certain.

David Brunt

Elsig

no leída,
3 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.3/5/1999
para
George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm
wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.

For reasons having nothing to with that gentleman's ability, Gene Reynolds and
I decided go with Bill Christopher in the role.

Larry G.

Egbert Hannink

no leída,
3 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.3/5/1999
para

Elsig heeft geschreven in bericht
<19990503150427...@ng-cn1.aol.com>...

>George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct
if I'm
>wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.
Wasn't that George Morgan?
Or wasn't that his real name?

~EH~

BFrostii

no leída,
3 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.3/5/1999
para
George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm
wrong )

You're right, Larry; we will correct you!
My sources say it was George Morgan, too!
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Abyssinia,
Bruce.

Elsig

no leída,
4 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.4/5/1999
para
>My sources say it was George Morgan, too

Morgan, it was.

I stand corrected.

Larry G.

Robert Tukey Jr.

no leída,
4 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.4/5/1999
para
Elsig wrote:

> George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm
> wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.
>
> For reasons having nothing to with that gentleman's ability, Gene Reynolds and
> I decided go with Bill Christopher in the role.
>
> Larry G.

I think it was George *Morgan*--George Mitchell is a Mainer who was the
head of the US Senate for awhile (I know this 'cos I'm a Mainer :) ).

I only know about George Morgan because I saw the pilot for the first
time a couple of weeks ago, and payed attention to the closing credits.

--
Robert Tukey
rtu...@us.ibm.com

M. Emily Cummins

no leída,
5 may 1999, 3:00:00 a.m.5/5/1999
para
Rene Auberjonois (if sp, I apologize) played him in the movie and has been
playing Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for the past seven years. (Good
actor!)

Emily

: George Mitchell (pretty sure I've got the name - someone will correct if I'm

: wrong ) was the actor who played Fr. Mulcahy on the pilot.

: For reasons having nothing to with that gentleman's ability, Gene Reynolds and
: I decided go with Bill Christopher in the role.

: Larry G.

--

George Washington University | BA '95, Wake Forest University
Political Science Department | "Dear Old Wake Forest,

* * * WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS - 1995 and 1996 ACC CHAMPS !!! * * *

0 mensajes nuevos