ok..a favorite SCENE?

Mark O'Neill

Mar 3, 2004, 8:19:01 PM3/3/04
This is VERY tough, but mine would have to be a staff meeting in the
mess tent(What episode, I'm not sure, but probably season 2).
Apparently, there were no minutes from the previous meeting
because, as Radar said, he was the only one who showed up. At the end
of the meeting, Hawkeye and Trapper end up on the top of the table.

Lisa1972

Mar 4, 2004, 2:31:27 AM3/4/04
mar...@yahoo.com (Mark O'Neill) wrote in message news:<b01d82e6.04030...@posting.google.com>...

I love the whole scene where Blake is giving, or rather, trying to
give a lecture on VD, using "Figure A" and "Figure B". Everyone's
giggling the whole time, including the illustrious colonel. But what
really gets cracks me up is right at the beginning of the scene, where
Klinger is standing with one hairy leg up on a bench, smoking a cigar
and generally acting like a dude while chatting with someone
else...wearing a skirt and a pretty scarf over his head. This was
during his "Grumpy Klinger" period, as I like to call it, seems most
prevailant during the first two seasons. My favorite Klinger
incarnation. Grumpy, snide, and all man!

-Lisa

NRobin1027

Mar 4, 2004, 4:22:20 AM3/4/04
My favorite scene is from the end of "crisis" where Henry is talking to HQ
about his very empty office, LOL:)

Robin:)
NRobin1027

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Mar 4, 2004, 7:31:29 AM3/4/04
Mark O'Neill <mar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
: This is VERY tough, but mine would have to be a staff meeting in the

I htink that's 'Dear Dad Again'.

Paul Gadzikowski, scar...@iglou.com since 1995
http://www.sff.net/people/scarfman/new.htm New cartoons most days

"Roland, what did you cover at the Saigon bureau?"

Larry Coressel

Mar 4, 2004, 10:13:47 AM3/4/04
"...but to cut off a man's legs and steal his drawers..."

Great stuff! That's a real favorite of mine too. I find it almost
impossible to pick a specific, single favorite scene. But if I have
to, I'd have to say the whole sequence of Henry being mysteriously
attacked in "Cowboy," from "Jeep... Tent... Crash..." to the shot of
him wearing the toilet seat. "Boom..."

LJC

Linden Walker

Mar 4, 2004, 3:30:59 PM3/4/04
I'll always laugh at "Frank Burns eats worms".

So simple, so funny. I know it's coming and it still makes me laugh.
It's the kind of joke an 8 year old would make which is why it works.
Best line ever.

news

Mar 4, 2004, 4:12:08 PM3/4/04
one that sicks in my mind

is the one were frank look to max
and said "had over your rice pudding "
and he said "hmm rasins"
max's reply was "that was not rasins "

sorry if the quotes are off
but that get me a belly laugh

peter

Mark O'Neill

Mar 4, 2004, 7:03:09 PM3/4/04
But what
> really gets cracks me up is right at the beginning of the scene, where
> Klinger is standing with one hairy leg up on a bench, smoking a cigar
> and generally acting like a dude while chatting with someone
> else...wearing a skirt and a pretty scarf over his head. This was
> during his "Grumpy Klinger" period, as I like to call it, seems most
> prevailant during the first two seasons. My favorite Klinger
> incarnation. Grumpy, snide, and all man!
>
> -Lisa

Hmmm...You're right on the mark, there, Lisa. The grumpy incarnation
did work well with the dresses.

Mark O'Neill

Mar 4, 2004, 7:04:41 PM3/4/04
nrobi...@aol.com (NRobin1027) wrote in message news:<20040304042220...@mb-m04.aol.com>...

That whole EPISODE is my favorite scene. but you're right...and I
like the way Henry's voice echoes in his empty office

Mark O'Neill

Mar 4, 2004, 7:05:38 PM3/4/04
PAUL GADZIKOWSKI <scar...@shell1.iglou.com> wrote in message news:<40472...@news.iglou.com>...

You're probably right...I figured it was one of the letters home

vb

Mar 4, 2004, 9:05:30 PM3/4/04
I enjoy the look on Charle's face when Potter tells him he can bring his
flattened French horn along to the O club.

V.B.

"Mark O'Neill" <mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Aloysius

Mar 5, 2004, 4:03:38 AM3/5/04
I have two favourite "Charles scenes." The first is when he gets on the
loudspeaker and chastises the entire camp over his missing newspapers. The
second is more "touching" than anything...it when we, the audience, learn
that his sister speaks with a stammer...for some reason, this really brings
out his human side.

cu...@earthlink.net

Mar 5, 2004, 2:30:29 PM3/5/04

> and he said "hmm rasins"
> max's reply was "that was not rasins "

There are some "flies" in there somewhere, but you have great taste in
scenes.

jm

Mark O'Neill

Mar 5, 2004, 3:57:51 PM3/5/04
"Aloysius" <Aloqu...@waugh.net.uk> wrote in message news:<40483c04$1...@news.nauticom.net>...

> I have two favourite "Charles scenes."

Charles , to me, carried the scenes in later episodes. And, I still
like Potter diving off his jeep to avoid the oncoming tank driven by
Frank(Episode title escapes me)..and then putting the then flattened
jeep out of it's misery by shooting it.

ShandaRose

Mar 5, 2004, 4:48:20 PM3/5/04
Jeff -- I hope you didn't include them in your cookbook ROFL....

Shanda
"When I'm in the audience, I like comedy that admits life is not a cinch and
tragedy that knows there is still laughter." Alan Alda, quoted from TV Guide

Rev. Ed Blonski

Mar 5, 2004, 6:02:48 PM3/5/04
My was Klinger's response to Flagg.

Flagg: Hey! Up close your a guy!
Klinger: Far away, too!

Rev

Mark O'Neill

Mar 5, 2004, 9:33:59 PM3/5/04
cu...@earthlink.net wrote in message news:<culet-A70716....@news4.west.earthlink.net>...

Hmmmm....I wonder if the COOK left the flies in the pudding!!

news

Mar 6, 2004, 12:26:34 AM3/6/04

<cu...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

thank you for that
i may say that is one of the best looks ever

peter

LTterp

Mar 6, 2004, 9:48:57 AM3/6/04
OK, some of my top ten fav scenes in no particular order:

1. Hawkeye getting the flu shot "in his tushie", when Radar walks in ("Carry
On Hawkeye"). Alda's laugh gets me every time.

2. "This is me!" scene with the multiple Kim Luc's ("Officer of the Day")

3. The scene in Henry's office in "Private Charles Lamb" where its revealed
that the lamb is on a plane to "become Radar's little brother".

4. The big red bird with fuzzy pink feet ("The Trial of Henry Blake")

5. Any scene from "Deal Me Out" -- too hard to pick just one.

6. The scene in "Sometimes you Hear the Bullet" where Henry talks to a
grieving Hawkeye about rule number one and rule number two in a war. So much
more subtle and nuanced than the later "war is hell" messages of the later
seasons.

7. When they all bunk together in "Crisis". My 12 year old son laughs every
time he hears Henry say "I gotta go to the sandbox." :) Also love the scene
in the same episode in Margaret's tent where Frank is caught with the baked
ham.

8. In "Bug Out" where they all "stand by for the blessing"......

9. The dancing scene in "Private Charles Lamb" where Hawkeye comes up to Frank
and says "good evening, Father".....love Linville's dancing!

10. "Pioneer Aviation!!" "Pioneer Aviation!" "Pioneer Aviation!" --- Hot
Lips at her finest.

Linda T.

"This is a real test of my leadership-man-ship....so....no booze!" -- HB

news

Mar 6, 2004, 11:25:15 AM3/6/04

"LTterp" <ltt...@aol.com> wrote in message
number 11 for me would be :

the look on jm's face
when hawkeye gave his "river of liver and ocean of fish rant"''''''

peter

i just love it any it anytme when jeff is on

cu...@earthlink.net

Mar 7, 2004, 12:12:22 AM3/7/04

> thank you for that
> i may say that is one of the best looks ever

Thank you. Looks is one thing I gots.

jm

cu...@earthlink.net

Mar 7, 2004, 12:13:46 AM3/7/04

> Hmmmm....I wonder if the COOK left the flies in the pudding!!

I'll never tell. My residuals stop if I do.

jm

cu...@earthlink.net

Mar 7, 2004, 12:15:09 AM3/7/04

> Jeff -- I hope you didn't include them in your cookbook ROFL....

Only between the pages.

jm

ShandaRose

Mar 7, 2004, 4:57:48 AM3/7/04

>> Jeff -- I hope you didn't include them in your cookbook ROFL....
>
>Only between the pages.
>
>jm

well there goes my quest for the cookbook then ....

Bill McD.

Mar 8, 2004, 10:13:55 PM3/8/04
mar...@yahoo.com (Mark O'Neill) wrote in message news:<b01d82e6.04030...@posting.google.com>...

Mark,

You stole my thunder there. The scene w/Potter yelling "STOP!" at
Burns driving the jeep, the shooting of said jeep after it is
demolished.......to me the SINGLE FUNNIEST freakin moment in the 11
year run of the show!!!

Two other funny moments w/Potter & jeeps, 1, when Charles revs the
engine, about to pull the mess tent down, and Potter stands there
shaking his head no.

The other was when Rizzo had to teach Potter how to drive a "veee HICK
l" also amusing.

Regards,
Bill McD.

Brad Filippone

Mar 9, 2004, 12:57:30 PM3/9/04
cu...@earthlink.net wrote:

: > and he said "hmm rasins"

: jm

Frank: Soldier, I'm confiscating this tapioci.
Igor: I wouldn't do that, sir!
Frank: Don't threaten me! {tastes} Ummm! With raisons!
Igor: No, sir. Flies.
Frank: Some birthday this turned out to be!

The Other Brad

Stardog

Mar 9, 2004, 8:25:18 PM3/9/04

Some form the Henry Blake years, don't know exact episode names:

When they are trying to get an incubator and the Lt. (don't remember
the name) read the list of equipment that a MASH needs. He goes
through the list when he comes to incubator, Henry yells "Thar She
Blows", I laugh all the time. Then in the next shot he tells them they
cant have one. The look on Henry's face is priceless.

The camp is being shelled and Radar is on the phone trying to find out
who is doing it. He's talking to a sargent and says, "How would you
like if we lobbed patients at you", when he realizes that they our
being shelled by American artillery.

RJ

Mar 10, 2004, 6:34:49 AM3/10/04
My favorite scene is when Charles thinks he's married. Casting Esther
Rolle as his "could be" wife was a stroke of genius!

Mark O'Neill

Mar 10, 2004, 5:58:02 PM3/10/04
> Mark,
>
> You stole my thunder there. The scene w/Potter yelling "STOP!" at
> Burns driving the jeep, the shooting of said jeep after it is
> demolished.......to me the SINGLE FUNNIEST freakin moment in the 11
> year run of the show!!!
>
> Two other funny moments w/Potter & jeeps, 1, when Charles revs the
> engine, about to pull the mess tent down, and Potter stands there
> shaking his head no.
>
> The other was when Rizzo had to teach Potter how to drive a "veee HICK
> l" also amusing.
>
> Regards,
> Bill McD.

It's true....as much as I favor the first 3 seasons of MASH(though I
love all of it), that scene with Potter and the
jeep.."BURNS--STOP----AUUUGGGHH!" Is one that consistantly stands out
to me.
And, I did enjoy Rizzo.

TenderfootScribe

Mar 23, 2004, 11:30:04 PM3/23/04
Mark wrote:

>That whole EPISODE is my favorite scene. but you're right...and I
>like the way Henry's voice echoes in his empty office

"I'm talking to you from the middle of a great big empty."

annik...@gmail.com

May 10, 2020, 8:56:21 AM5/10/20
On Thursday, March 4, 2004 at 1:19:01 AM UTC, Mark O'Neill wrote:
> This is VERY tough, but mine would have to be a staff meeting in the
> mess tent(What episode, I'm not sure, but probably season 2).
> Apparently, there were no minutes from the previous meeting
> because, as Radar said, he was the only one who showed up. At the end
> of the meeting, Hawkeye and Trapper end up on the top of the table.

just if you're wondering, it's season 2 episode 9, "Dear Dad... Three"