Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Henry Blakes' wife Mildred and Lorraine

935 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

38 Special

da leggere,
4 mar 2012, 15:08:5404/03/12
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?

Captain Infinity

da leggere,
4 mar 2012, 16:34:0004/03/12
Once Upon A Time,
38 Special wrote:

>In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
>he called her Lorraine.

True!

>Has anybody else noticed this?

Yes!

>Also, Why the name change for a character who was never seen?

Because nobody gave a shit.

**
Captain Infinity

Wiseguy

da leggere,
4 mar 2012, 17:20:3104/03/12
Captain Infinity <Infi...@captaininfinity.us> wrote in
Because they didn't remember (or know) the character had been referred
to by name before.

Wiseguy

da leggere,
4 mar 2012, 17:21:1304/03/12
38 Special <kentp...@gmail.com> wrote in news:9484f6cf-eb89-4904-9c55-
b36e0b...@q18g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

> In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
> he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
> name change for a character who was never seen?

Yeah, at least as far back as 1979 when the earlier episodes were first
shown in syndication.

Tim J.

da leggere,
4 mar 2012, 17:37:3604/03/12
Did you also notice that Harry Morgan was once a general, but went
crazy, got demoted to colonel, went to medical school, and came back
under an assumed name?

Handy

da leggere,
4 mar 2012, 18:02:4304/03/12
She is seen, she's in the home movie Henry gets and watches with
Hawkeye, Trapper and Radar. I forget which episode, one of the Dear
Dad episodes I think.

Stormin Mormon

da leggere,
4 mar 2012, 20:29:5504/03/12
The question has been raised several times. Not sure what the answer was,
except simple oversight. Wish LG was alive to comment.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"38 Special" <kentp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Andy K.

da leggere,
5 mar 2012, 01:25:3405/03/12
On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:08:54 -0800 (PST)
...or Blake has been seeing Potter's wife on the side. His wife was also
Mildred. :)

--
A.

Eddie

da leggere,
5 mar 2012, 19:53:5905/03/12

"38 Special" <kentp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
> he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
> name change for a character who was never seen?

Wiseguy is correct. They did not remember names and the like from week to
week. Or script to script.
Mildred, at that time, was a reference to Larry Gelbart's cousin, Mildred.

Eddie

da leggere,
5 mar 2012, 19:54:5805/03/12

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61***spam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The question has been raised several times. Not sure what the answer was,
> except simple oversight. Wish LG was alive to comment.

He commented on that several times and in our book.

George

da leggere,
5 mar 2012, 19:11:5805/03/12

"Eddie" <Pba...@Gmail.com> wrote in message
And when they were writing season 1 eps they had no idea people would be
picking them apart 40 years later.

Ivan Awfulitch

da leggere,
5 mar 2012, 21:47:4905/03/12
Henry: Sweet Looooooraine
Radar (aside): She's got a killer body.

Eddie

da leggere,
6 mar 2012, 20:50:0106/03/12

"Ivan Awfulitch" <msch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I think Radar said she's got great legs.

George

da leggere,
7 mar 2012, 08:11:1507/03/12

"Eddie" <Pba...@Gmail.com> wrote in message
He says she's got a 'fantastic' body.

Eddie

da leggere,
7 mar 2012, 12:59:5707/03/12

"George" <ge...@shaw.ca> wrote in message
Oh, yeah. That's right. Boy, I'm getting old.

Ivan Awfulitch

da leggere,
7 mar 2012, 20:10:0007/03/12
On Mar 7, 7:11 am, "George" <g...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> "Eddie" <Pbas...@Gmail.com> wrote in message

> > "Ivan Awfulitch" <mschl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Mar 4, 2:08 pm, 38 Special <kentplat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
> >> he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
> >> name change for a character who was never seen?
>
> > Henry: Sweet Looooooraine
> > Radar (aside): She's got a killer body.
>
> > I think Radar said she's got great legs.
>
> He says she's got a 'fantastic' body.

Thanks, George. Been years since I saw that.

Stormin Mormon

da leggere,
15 mag 2013, 08:19:4315/05/13
So, what's the title and author, and how do we get your book?
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"Eddie" <Pba...@Gmail.com> wrote in message news:4f55363b$0$5118$607e...@cv.net...

cvcoug...@gmail.com

da leggere,
4 mar 2017, 20:02:0104/03/17
Season 3 Ep 11
Adams Ribs has Trapper John calling his wife in the states to handle a pick up of ribs that Hawkeye ordered. During the call He referred to her as 'Mildred'. Did the writers do this purposefully to get the attention of us loyal fans??

john Szalay

da leggere,
4 mar 2017, 22:10:3304/03/17
cvcoug...@gmail.com wrote in
Trapper did not call his wife in Adams Ribs..
, Trapper remembered a woman named Mildred Feeny with whom he had a "three-
night stand" years ago and calls her to ask for help. Mildred comes through
for Trapper.

the writers did mess up Henry's wifes name
At first, Henry Blake's wife's name was Mildred, then it was changed to
Lorraine in later episodes

guerrero...@gmail.com

da leggere,
26 feb 2018, 00:17:4326/02/18
Actually they did show her. On the episode when she sent a video of his daughters bday

kittykr...@gmail.com

da leggere,
23 gen 2019, 19:34:5123/01/19
The home movie is BJ Honeycutts wife Peg

jswit...@gmail.com

da leggere,
30 nov 2019, 17:07:1130/11/19
Harry Morgan as Sheriff in the Apple Dumpling Gang had a wife named Mildred
0 nuovi messaggi