David Ogden Stiers comes out of the closet

allenk...@hotmail.com

May 6, 2009, 1:35:07 PM5/6/09
(IMDB)

M*A*S*H star David Ogden Stiers has come out as gay - after years of
fearing he would be denied roles because of his sexuality.

The actor first tasted fame as Major Charles Winchester on the hit TV
comedy before finding steady work as a voice actor in several Disney
projects, including Beauty And The Beast and Pocahontas.

But throughout his career, he was warned he risked losing work if he
came out as a gay man.

He tells the Gossip Boy blog, "From the late 1980s until about seven
or eight years ago, you would find certain individuals coming up to
you, me, and advocating the position that since we were doing family
fare that it would be best were the actors to maintain a certain
palatability to parents.

"These parties likely had heard rumors or harbored suspicions about me
and wanted to make sure no embarrassing incidents were forthcoming."

But he insists his reasons for coming out now, at the age of 66, have
nothing to do with his profession - he wants to find a life partner.

Stiers adds: "I could claim noble reasons as coming out in order to
move gay rights forward, but I must admit it is for far more selfish
reasons. Now is the time I wish to find someone and I do not desire to
force any potential partner to live a life of extreme discretion for
me."

--
Allen Kirshner
(the alt.music.lyrics TV theme guy)

Hallie Hearn

May 6, 2009, 4:15:18 PM5/6/09
to allenk...@hotmail.com
Hmm. Stiers starred for several years on the Perry Mason specials with
Raymond Burr. It was made public after Burr's death that he (Burr) was
gay. I remember some surprise at the time, but nothing too detrimental.
I wonder if this had any influence on Stiers' decision...

No matter what one's personal belief about homosexuality, it shouldn't
affect how one appreciates another's acting ability. At least that's my
opinion.

Hallie

Message has been deleted

Hallie Hearn

May 6, 2009, 7:42:55 PM5/6/09
to A
A wrote:

> I didn't know Stiers was on Perry Mason specials.
> Maybe Burr and Stiers...?

On many of the episodes, he played the district attorney. And I doubt
that they were intimate, because according to articles, Burr had a "good
friend" who was also an actor, and lived with Burr. I can't remember
his name right now -- something like McArthur, I think.

Hallie

Stormin Mormon

May 6, 2009, 9:44:04 PM5/6/09
That some how doesn't surprise me. I can't remember him ever
seeming interested in women.

Homosexual behaviour is a very severe sin, in the eyes of
God. However, it's also very common now days.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

<allenk...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Vince

May 6, 2009, 11:40:28 PM5/6/09

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> That some how doesn't surprise me. I can't remember him ever
> seeming interested in women.
>
> Homosexual behaviour is a very severe sin, in the eyes of
> God. However, it's also very common now days.
>

> --
> Christopher A. Young
> Learn more about Jesus
> www.lds.org

There he goes again

Scott Olsen

May 6, 2009, 11:52:34 PM5/6/09

On 5/6/09 6:44 PM, in article gttegq$829$1...@news.motzarella.org, "Stormin
Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote:

> That some how doesn't surprise me. I can't remember him ever
> seeming interested in women.
>
> Homosexual behaviour is a very severe sin, in the eyes of
> God. However, it's also very common now days.

Isn't eating shellfish and wearing clothing made with two kinds of fabric a
severs sin too?

SO

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Vince

May 7, 2009, 2:39:57 AM5/7/09

"Scott Olsen" <scott...@cox.net> wrote in message

Well you know his bunch

Glenn

May 7, 2009, 7:26:53 AM5/7/09
On May 7, 1:08 am, "A" <a...@att.net> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> "Scott Olsen" <scott.ol...@cox.net> wrote in message

> > On 5/6/09 6:44 PM, in article gttegq$82...@news.motzarella.org, "Stormin

> > Mormon" <cayoung61**spambloc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> That some how doesn't surprise me. I can't remember him ever
> >> seeming interested in women.
>
> >> Homosexual behaviour is a very severe sin, in the eyes of
> >> God. However, it's also very common now days.
>
> > Isn't eating shellfish and wearing clothing made with two kinds of fabric
> > severs sin too?
>
>      Please quote the chapter and verse in the Bible for *those* 'sins'!
>      LOL!

Leviticus 19:19 (King James Version)

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a
diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither
shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Leviticus 11:12 (King James Version)

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an
abomination unto you.

I'd say that pretty much covers it. Never mind what the Bible says
about working on the Sabbath or touching the skin of an unclean animal
(can anyone say Super Bowl Sunday? Lots of folks working on that
Sabbath, I'd say.)

Glenn
KDH

Stormin Mormon

May 7, 2009, 8:52:39 AM5/7/09
I've never heard that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon

May 7, 2009, 8:53:18 AM5/7/09
Probably right near where it prohibits watching any show
other than MASH on the sabbath?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"A" <aa...@att.net> wrote in message
x-no-archive: yes

> Isn't eating shellfish and wearing clothing made with two
> kinds of fabric
> severs sin too?

Please quote the chapter and verse in the Bible for
*those* 'sins'!
LOL!

Message has been deleted

mar...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2009, 6:26:50 PM5/7/09
...Interesting, Stormin', that some in a MASH group...a show about
tolerance, have no tolerance for some who's faith teaches something is
a sin. Pay no mind to the personal attacks. If you stand for
"anything", these days, you are attacked. Sad.

Stormin Mormon

May 7, 2009, 6:54:52 PM5/7/09
One of the things I thought was interesting about MASH. The
characters had a wide variety of views. Potter the
conservative, BJ from San Fran, was it. Probably as liberal
as they come. Father Mulcahy who had his Jesuit school
training. Versus most of the camp who was busy practicing
jocularity, jocularity.

Did MASH as teach tolerance? They were forgiving of the guy
who was outed as being gay, and got beat up by the guys in
his unit. In the modern era "Gay is good, moralistic is
bad".

On the other hand. The guys were sternly disapproving of the
Moose owner. So, the MASH guys were moralistic.

Other examples will likely come to mind. Some of each, I
guess.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

<mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Vince

May 7, 2009, 7:41:50 PM5/7/09

<mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yeah well it works both ways friend, folks like Stormin go after people who
disagree with them.

Scott Olsen

May 7, 2009, 8:29:13 PM5/7/09

On 5/7/09 3:26 PM, in article
"mar...@yahoo.com" <mar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--

What was the attack and what was personal?

mar...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2009, 9:40:00 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 5:29 pm, Scott Olsen <scott.ol...@cox.net> wrote:

> What was the attack and what was personal?

-VINCE; "There he goes, again" (condescending)

-SCOTT; "Isn't eating shellfish and wearing clothing made with two

kinds of fabric a
severs sin too?

SO (more condescending)

-A; Please quote the chapter and verse in the Bible for *those*
'sins'!
LOL! (even more condescending)

-VINCE; Well you know his bunch (not even sure)

-GLENN; Leviticus 19:19 (King James Version)

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with
diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither
shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Leviticus 11:12 (King James Version)

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an
abomination unto you.

I'd say that pretty much covers it. Never mind what the Bible says
about working on the Sabbath or touching the skin of an unclean
animal
(can anyone say Super Bowl Sunday? Lots of folks working on that
Sabbath, I'd say.)

(I'm assuming the intent is to portray the absurdity of it all?)

-VINCE; Yeah well it works both ways friend, folks like Stormin go
after people who
disagree with them. (Stormin made a comment about his belief that
certain "behavior", not individuals, is sinful. He did not "go after"
anyone on this board, or off of it. And, I've seen no evidence that,
in my 8 years of posting, you think of me as a "friend")

-SCOTT; What was the attack and what was personal? (My guess is,
sometimes people are so used to reacting a certain way to anyone or
any pronouncement that has to do with faith convictions, that
sarcastic, condescending or belittling comments in response, are not
seen as attacks or getting personal. )
I don't think I'd have reacted so staunchly to this unpleasant
little exchange, except that such situations are becoming
commonplace. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to watch the news
alert; A well known openly gay actor is coming out straight.

Vince

May 7, 2009, 9:57:27 PM5/7/09

<mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

He was as usual pushing his faith in our faces like he does with his
signature

Eddie

May 7, 2009, 10:02:04 PM5/7/09

> One of the things I thought was interesting about MASH. The
> characters had a wide variety of views. Potter the
> conservative, BJ from San Fran, was it. Probably as liberal
> as they come. Father Mulcahy who had his Jesuit school
> training. Versus most of the camp who was busy practicing
> jocularity, jocularity.
>
> Did MASH as teach tolerance? They were forgiving of the guy
> who was outed as being gay, and got beat up by the guys in
> his unit. In the modern era "Gay is good, moralistic is
> bad".

They weren't as forgiving because this guy was gay. They were defending his
right to choose as an individual.

> On the other hand. The guys were sternly disapproving of the
> Moose owner. So, the MASH guys were moralistic.

This is a very different scenario. They disapproved of the actions taken by
the moose owner because there is something wrong with buying another human
being. Slavery comes to mind at the thought. This too must make me
moralistic because I find something wrong with that as well.

Eddie

May 7, 2009, 10:17:40 PM5/7/09

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

I wouldn't go that far. Stormin has been an active participant in this group
for a very long time and, just as you, has his opinions on social issues and
again, as you, is entitled to his opinion. You do not have to agree with him
nor he with you. They're opinions, some of which I do not share, but he's
never "gone after me" if I state an opposing view.

mar...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2009, 10:50:06 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 6:57 pm, "Vince" <vpilu...@optonline.net> wrote:

> He was as usual pushing his faith in our faces like he does with his
> signature

...Ok. So you consider Stormin's <Christopher A. Young /Learn more
about Jesus /www.lds.org> an offensive, vulgar pushing of his faith.
I can see how that's realy shoving it down your throat. I never
thought I'd see the day when "learn more about Jesus" would be
something unpleasant to see. But, it seems to me someone "else" here
had a rather overtly political signature for some years. Hmm. I
wonder who that could be. Well, it makes no difference. Personally,
I've always been a big fan of Paul Lynde as Uncle Arthur, and thought
Charles Nelson Riley was hysterical. I made no personal judgement on
their homosexuality. I'd love to have met them both (my brother
worked with Riley, who couldn't have been nicer). But as a person and
a Catholic (2 seperate statements, there), I also believe "acting out"
homosexuality is morally wrong. I'm growing increasingly angry that
holding such a view is almost considered a crime, by many. And I'm
not alone. I find it odd that actors make a big deal of their
sexuality...and that's supposed to be ok, but those who object,
morally, to that lifestyle, must not make a peep.
Now, Stormin', please....Don't push your "faith" in Vince's or
anyone else's face, here. However, if you happen to have a pie lying
around....

Vince

May 7, 2009, 10:54:15 PM5/7/09

"Eddie" <Pba...@aol.com> wrote in message

IMO Just by posting his religous msg hes going after us.

Vince

May 7, 2009, 10:57:14 PM5/7/09

<mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yeah

mar...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2009, 11:03:09 PM5/7/09
On May 7, 7:54 pm, "Vince" <vpilu...@optonline.net> wrote:

> IMO Just by posting his religous msg hes going after us.- Hide quoted text -

FRANK; I'm only paranoid because everyone's against me!!!"

Eddie

May 7, 2009, 11:20:40 PM5/7/09

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Vince, you and I have had our own differences in the past. However, if our
conversation here remains in this tone, that's a good thing. Having said
that, and being Jewish myself, I just do not see,

"Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org"

as going after anyone. All it says is, if you want to learn more, go to this
web site. It should be obvious why I won't be visiting that site too often,
but I do not find it offensive in the slightest.

Vince

May 7, 2009, 11:45:32 PM5/7/09

"Eddie" <Pba...@aol.com> wrote in message

By posting the above hes pushing it in our faces IMO

mar...@yahoo.com

May 8, 2009, 12:49:06 AM5/8/09
On May 7, 8:45 pm, "Vince" <vpilu...@optonline.net> wrote:

> By posting the above hes pushing it in our faces IMO-

....as opposed to signatures that push political views or a
professional photography business into our faces?

Message has been deleted

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:34:24 AM5/8/09
It's a bit like being Rush Limbaugh. I lampoon some folks,
and express an opinion about others. But I've never tried to
get someone fired, like liberals do.

I should ask. Do you think I "go after" DOS, with my
comments about homosexuality?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

.

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Yeah well it works both ways friend, folks like Stormin go

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:35:09 AM5/8/09
I detected a deep sigh, and maybe an eye roll, but not much
more than that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Scott Olsen" <scott...@cox.net> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:38:50 AM5/8/09
Why is expressing a view on religion "pushing in our faces".
But a Gay Pride march in San Fransicko is news worthy and
constitutionally protected and modern and progressive?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:45:06 AM5/8/09
Isn't it amazing? How in our land of free speech, the USA,
that gay pride marches are protected. But, we can't have a
Bible in school for fear of offending someone.

Wouldn't "pushing faith" be something like telling people
what to do? I don't remember ever telling someone what to
do. Unlike liberals who tell me to give more money to the
government, and tell me to not be moralistic.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:50:57 AM5/8/09
Do me a favor. If I'm ever shot, don't let Vince lay a
finger on me.
I'd hate to have that whistle sewed up inside me.

Vince, do you agree with this quote: "Individuality is good,
as long as we all do it together"?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

<mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:48:50 AM5/8/09
Remember, the USA has "freedom of religion", not "freedom
FROM religion". The USA was founded by people who wanted to
build churches, pray, and worship God in a manner of their
choosing. The mention of God is very frequent in the
founding documents of our country.

Amazing, how you are so, so intolerant. We used to have
people who were intolerant of various minorities. But our
society progressed. You're not showing yourself to be very
developed, as a society.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:55:05 AM5/8/09
http://outeasy.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/03-11-whipple.jpg
This is for you, seeing as how sensetive you are. Just don't
squeeze.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

.

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 7:55:48 AM5/8/09
Or entire posts telling of being on HBO?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

.

<mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

so

May 8, 2009, 9:19:41 AM5/8/09
Off topic for the group, but I'll bite

"But I've never tried to get someone fired, like liberals do."

The little I've see of Hannity and O'Reilly, they're always trying to
get some judge or college professor fired.

"Why is expressing a view on religion "pushing in our faces".
But a Gay Pride march in San Fransicko is news worthy and
constitutionally protected and modern and progressive?"

Frankly, either view outlined above, if expressed in a MASH newsgroup,
is "pushing it in our faces". You posted it first.

"Isn't it amazing? How in our land of free speech, the USA,
that gay pride marches are protected. But, we can't have a
Bible in school for fear of offending someone."

A straw man. You can have a bible in school.

"The USA was founded by people who wanted to
build churches, pray, and worship God in a manner of their
choosing."

As long as you worshiped the way they wanted you to. Why do you think
the Mormons moved to Utah?

"The mention of God is very frequent in the
founding documents of our country."

Read them again. Jefferson preferred the word "creator"

"We used to have people who were intolerant of various minorities. But
our
society progressed. You're not showing yourself to be very
developed, as a society."

You're the one who said DHS was sinning in reference to the Bible.
Your opinion and you're entitled to it. I don't think it belonged in a
MASH NG.

SHO

so

May 8, 2009, 9:50:33 AM5/8/09

"But a Gay Pride march in San Fransicko...."

See, there you go. Why did you say "San Fransicko?" You realize there
are a lot of Christians who wrongly have no hesitation in telling YOU
that your religion is sick and isn't "real" or "Christian" either?
BTW, my father was LDS and my mother was Catholic, so I've heard it
all from both sides. Can't you just keep it to yourself?

anyon...@nowhere.com

May 8, 2009, 2:58:59 PM5/8/09
On Fri, 8 May 2009 07:38:50 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
<cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Why is expressing a view on religion "pushing in our faces".
>But a Gay Pride march in San Fransicko is news worthy and
>constitutionally protected and modern and progressive?

Thank god I'm an atheist !

Message has been deleted

mar...@yahoo.com

May 8, 2009, 6:02:24 PM5/8/09
On May 8, 6:19 am, so <scott.ol...@cox.net> wrote:

> The little I've see of Hannity and O'Reilly, they're always trying to
> get some judge or college professor fired.>

....and I wonder why that is, or...are they just mean and rotten, and
like getting people fired. I'll tell you one thing they try to do in
terms of effecting someone's job, they shine a light on teachers who
promote a bias in class. I recall in 1985, before I really got
agitated by such things (but didn't like it, either) when my college
professers would sneak in comments about Reagan and/or conservatives.
That stuff bugs me no end.

>You're the one who said DHS was sinning in reference to the Bible.
> Your opinion and you're entitled to it. I don't think it belonged in a
> MASH NG.

...and what did D.O.S.'s homosexuality have to do with this group, if
we are going to be technical. It had nothing, specifically, to do
with MASH, but I don't see you objecting to that. I think the double
standard, in all things, drives me nuts more than anything.
I've made my points, and now that Stormin' is amply defended and
defends himself quite handily, I will make no more posts on this
topic. Back to my regularly scheduled program.

mar...@yahoo.com

May 8, 2009, 6:18:24 PM5/8/09

...Well, so much for my commitment to post no more on this topic. I
have to say, I wouldn't go near San Francisco if I was paid 12
trillion dollars(I'm lying, of course. For 12 Trillion I'd marry my
buddy, Eddie! But my point is made). Nancy Pelosi marched in the
same parade as NAMBLA, a man/boy group, and if you look at these
parades, they are more of a show of sexuality than anything else. The
city has such disgust for the military, that they use every
opportunity to drive them out. And then there's the lovely "Sisters
of Perpetual Indulgence", an extreme gay group that went to a Catholic
mass just to get a consecrated host to use it for who knows what.
There was little outrage over it, in the city at large. Yes, indeed.
We have become a much more polarized society. To the left, the right
has gotten too extreme. To the right, the left has gone so far, we
have no choice but to get angry and take a stand. I'm angry. And so
help me, if I die from a stress induced heart attack, I'm going to
come back and sue SOMEBODY!
I will now refuse to let myself look at this post, for the sake of
all (most posters are probably not even looking, as I usually don't,
if it's off topic or political)

George

May 8, 2009, 7:12:40 PM5/8/09
On Thu, 07 May 2009 19:50:06 -0700, markaon wrote:

But as a person and a Catholic (2 seperate
> statements, there), I also believe "acting out" homosexuality is morally
> wrong. I'm growing increasingly angry that holding such a view is
> almost considered a crime, by many. And I'm not alone.

Try living in Canada, where having an anti-homosexual view IS a crime,
that is if you let your views be known. And it can be a very costly crime.
Gotta love those thought police.

Message has been deleted

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 10:16:07 PM5/8/09
Who was it, MASH cast. Said "I don't believe in atheism."

Nice thing about being an atheist. You don't have to worry
what to wear on Sundays.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

<anyon...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 10:17:56 PM5/8/09
I've heard England also has thought laws. I've heard that
"racial profiling" is illegal in England. For example, to
give more attention searching Muslim males between ages 25
and 40 at the airport. Just isn't done.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"George" <ge...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 8, 2009, 10:22:46 PM5/8/09
Nope. I'm not on this planet to stand around and silently
watch people sin.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"so" <scott...@cox.net> wrote in message

Vince

May 8, 2009, 10:41:34 PM5/8/09

<mar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

If you're talking about me (photography ) what was the last time I placed
any kind of photo ad?
not for years!

Vince

May 8, 2009, 10:42:35 PM5/8/09

> It's a bit like being Rush Limbaugh. I lampoon some folks,
> and express an opinion about others. But I've never tried to
> get someone fired, like liberals do.
>
> I should ask. Do you think I "go after" DOS, with my
> comments about homosexuality?

In a way

Vince

May 8, 2009, 10:44:21 PM5/8/09

"so" <scott...@cox.net> wrote in message
YAWN!

Eddie

May 8, 2009, 10:46:57 PM5/8/09

> Who was it, MASH cast. Said "I don't believe in atheism."

Hawkeye.

Vince

May 8, 2009, 10:45:39 PM5/8/09

> Why is expressing a view on religion "pushing in our faces".
> But a Gay Pride march in San Fransicko is news worthy and
> constitutionally protected and modern and progressive?

Gee I didn't see anything about a gay march on this NG

Vince

May 8, 2009, 10:55:23 PM5/8/09

> Nope. I'm not on this planet to stand around and silently
> watch people sin.

What a joke, what I or anyone else does isn't any of your business.
You remind me of a guy who used to temp on weekends at Paramount back in
1981.
You recall when the kook Reagan took over?
He was a member of the so called "Moral Majority" and man did he push his
groups agenda
in everyone's faces.
"Well this is no longer the 60s or 70s where you can do your own thing"
"Matter of fact you can't do certain things that might offend ME"
Guess what wasn't long before he was gone, now he was warned the office was
not the place
for this nonsense.

Vince

May 8, 2009, 10:58:43 PM5/8/09

> Remember, the USA has "freedom of religion", not "freedom
> FROM religion". The USA was founded by people who wanted to
> build churches, pray, and worship God in a manner of their
> choosing. The mention of God is very frequent in the
> founding documents of our country.

Oh yeah branding folks, dumking them in water, hanging women where wacko
kids said they were witches,
putting folks in stocks

Vince

May 8, 2009, 11:00:19 PM5/8/09

> Do me a favor. If I'm ever shot, don't let Vince lay a
> finger on me.
> I'd hate to have that whistle sewed up inside me.

I'm not a doctor, but I would call one for you, matter of fact I like to
call a head doctor for you now

> Vince, do you agree with this quote: "Individuality is good,
> as long as we all do it together"?

Don't put words in my mouth

Vince

May 8, 2009, 11:01:35 PM5/8/09

> Or entire posts telling of being on HBO?

Jealous?

Wiseguy

May 8, 2009, 11:10:15 PM5/8/09
Hallie Hearn <Hallie...@alumni.wfu.edu> wrote in

> allenk...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> (IMDB)
>>

>> M*A*S*H star David Ogden Stiers has come out as gay - after years of
>> fearing he would be denied roles because of his sexuality.
>>
>> The actor first tasted fame as Major Charles Winchester on the hit TV
>> comedy before finding steady work as a voice actor in several Disney
>> projects, including Beauty And The Beast and Pocahontas.
>>
>> But throughout his career, he was warned he risked losing work if he
>> came out as a gay man.
>>
>> He tells the Gossip Boy blog, "From the late 1980s until about seven
>> or eight years ago, you would find certain individuals coming up to
>> you, me, and advocating the position that since we were doing family
>> fare that it would be best were the actors to maintain a certain
>> palatability to parents.
>>
>> "These parties likely had heard rumors or harbored suspicions about
me
>> and wanted to make sure no embarrassing incidents were forthcoming."
>>
>> But he insists his reasons for coming out now, at the age of 66, have
>> nothing to do with his profession - he wants to find a life partner.
>>
>> Stiers adds: "I could claim noble reasons as coming out in order to
>> move gay rights forward, but I must admit it is for far more selfish
>> reasons. Now is the time I wish to find someone and I do not desire
>> force any potential partner to live a life of extreme discretion for
>> me."
>>

>> --
>> Allen Kirshner
>> (the alt.music.lyrics TV theme guy)
>>

> Hmm. Stiers starred for several years on the Perry Mason specials
with
> Raymond Burr. It was made public after Burr's death that he (Burr)
was
> gay. I remember some surprise at the time, but nothing too
detrimental.

I've heard speculation for years but never anything definate or proof.

> I wonder if this had any influence on Stiers' decision...
>
> No matter what one's personal belief about homosexuality, it shouldn't
> affect how one appreciates another's acting ability. At least that's
my
> opinion.
>
> Hallie

Wiseguy

May 8, 2009, 11:34:35 PM5/8/09
"A" <aa...@att.net> wrote in

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> "Hallie Hearn" <Hallie...@alumni.wfu.edu> wrote in message

>> too detrimental. I wonder if this had any influence on Stiers'
>> decision...
>
> I didn't know Stiers was on Perry Mason specials.
> Maybe Burr and Stiers...?

He appeared in movies #2-#9 (1986-88) as the Hamilton-Burger-type
D.A./prosecutor (the first movie had a female prosecutor.)

Edward Winter also appeared in movie #2.

Wiseguy

May 8, 2009, 11:38:58 PM5/8/09
"A" <aa...@att.net> wrote in

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> "Scott Olsen" <scott...@cox.net> wrote in message
>>

>> On 5/6/09 6:44 PM, in article gttegq$829$1...@news.motzarella.org,
>> "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That some how doesn't surprise me. I can't remember him ever
>>> seeming interested in women.
>>>
>>> Homosexual behaviour is a very severe sin, in the eyes of
>>> God. However, it's also very common now days.
>>>

>> Isn't eating shellfish and wearing clothing made with two kinds of
>> fabric a
>> severs sin too?
>
> Please quote the chapter and verse in the Bible for *those*
> 'sins'! LOL!

The Old Testament is a novel
The New Testament are a collection of unauthorized biographies.

anyon...@nowhere.com

May 8, 2009, 11:53:52 PM5/8/09
On Fri, 8 May 2009 15:43:57 -0500, "A" <aa...@att.net> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes

><anyon...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> Oh, a wiseguy, eh!?
> Where's Moe when you need him, and where is that pie? <splat!>
>
> You forgot to capitalize the 'G', atheist.

G is for Gay, right? Or should I capitalize the A in atheist? Wait,
you are using a capital A, now I'm really confused. Can I goto bed
now?

Vince

May 9, 2009, 12:02:23 AM5/9/09

<anyon...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Heres some of the thouble religion causes
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090508/ap_on_re_us/us_school_dance_flap

Stormin Mormon

May 9, 2009, 8:04:14 AM5/9/09
Lets see. I pray to God, and my prayers are answered. I'm a
member of the priesthood, and have used the priesthood many
times. I have, many times, received revelation from God,
personally or on behalf of others. I carry a temple
reccomend, and do ordinances in the House of the Lord. Which
are recorded in Heaven by the angels there.

You're being recorded on video camera to be shown to other
people.

Jealous.... of..... WHAT?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 9, 2009, 8:05:24 AM5/9/09
Yeah, but we still outsold Harry Potter.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wiseguy" <epw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 9, 2009, 8:07:57 AM5/9/09
This, from the fellow who makes a point to rebuke me for
"pushing God in his face". The irony of this all. It's so,
so overwhelming.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Stormin Mormon

May 9, 2009, 8:13:46 AM5/9/09
> Do me a favor. If I'm ever shot, don't let Vince lay a
> finger on me.
> I'd hate to have that whistle sewed up inside me.

I'm not a doctor, but I would call one for you, matter of
fact I like to
call a head doctor for you now

CY: Dr. Freedman, call your office!

> Vince, do you agree with this quote: "Individuality is
> good,
> as long as we all do it together"?

Don't put words in my mouth

CY: <rolls eyes> there you go again. Pushing your views in
my face. Telling me what to do.

Stormin Mormon

May 9, 2009, 8:12:13 AM5/9/09
It's been a long time since I was in public schools. And, I
may not remember the details correctly. But, the Puritans
and this kind of behaviour. Wasn't that in the 1600s, before
the USA was organized?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Vince

May 9, 2009, 8:32:13 AM5/9/09

> It's been a long time since I was in public schools. And, I
> may not remember the details correctly. But, the Puritans
> and this kind of behaviour. Wasn't that in the 1600s, before
> the USA was organized?

Thats not the point

Stormin Mormon

May 9, 2009, 12:22:00 PM5/9/09
Stormin: The US was founded for religious liberty.
Vince: What about this group of people 100 years before the
USA was even in existance.
Stormin: That was before the US was founded.
Vince: That's not the point.

Lets see. How does this conversation look to others?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Vince

May 9, 2009, 1:22:33 PM5/9/09

> Stormin: The US was founded for religious liberty.
> Vince: What about this group of people 100 years before the
> USA was even in existance.
> Stormin: That was before the US was founded.
> Vince: That's not the point.
>
> Lets see. How does this conversation look to others?

Yeah well I'm not going forward with this thread anymore its getting old.

Stormin Mormon

May 9, 2009, 9:10:34 PM5/9/09
Mom says I can't have you over, any more. You don't play
nice.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Wiseguy

May 10, 2009, 2:13:25 AM5/10/09
"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote in news:gu3rm9
$bmn$1...@news.motzarella.org:

> Yeah, but we still outsold Harry Potter.

The Bible had a head start.

May 16, 2009, 2:03:26 AM5/16/09

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:gu3rm9$bmn$1...@news.motzarella.org...

> Yeah, but we still outsold Harry Potter.

Probably because there were those who wouldn't read Harry Potter because they thought it was evil. They would have Bibles. I loved Harry Potter... and the British Royal spoof (i.e. Prince Harry's shenanigans) - "Harry Pothead and the Philosopher's Stoned" (I believe the title used the word 'Sorcerer's' instead in the US - a marketing ploy apparently)

May 16, 2009, 2:27:12 AM5/16/09

"Vince" <vpil...@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4a05bc71$0$22539$607e...@cv.net...
I am so glad to hear it... it was beginning to really grate on me, Vince.

Esther

stevenl...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2020, 5:14:19 AM8/14/20
Keep ur worthless religion to urself