Jeff MacKay, died Aug 22 2008: Some details and some old messages to us from Mac!

ThomasH

Aug 29, 2008, 1:16:43 AM8/29/08
I found the following explanation on Magnum Mania to Jeff's
so premature departure:

[...
Actor Jeff MacKay died Aug. 22nd from liver failure in Tulsa, Okla. He was 59.
Jeff was a regular on several hit TV shows, including Baa Baa Black Sheep,
Battlestar Galactica, Magnum P.I., Tales of the Gold Monkey, and JAG. Magnum
fans will always fondly remember him as "Mac". Jeff is survived by his father
and two brothers. RIP "Mac"!
...]

Personally I will remember him as the one who talked to us
here in this newsgroup. His old email address was "boink,"
like this boi...@telocity.com, which he changed a few times.

Let me quote here one of his emails from my archive:

[...
> Subject: Re: Computer consulting
> Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 12:12:55 -0700
> From: Mac <boi...@telocity.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.tv.magnum-pi
>
> No, it's not a 9 to 5. I just do it to pay some bills and it's mostly for friends
> who're trying to learn Macintosh. I've also designed databases to run different
> small businesses. I find it absorbing and more fun than working in a car wash or
> something worse.
>
> I never sat at a computer before playing Mac on MPI, and didn't after that until
> around 1990.
>
> Mac
>
> PETEKOW wrote:
>
>> Mac, You have mentioned several times that you are now involved in computer
>> consulting. I dont know about the rest of the group, but it would completely
>> floor me to have "Mac" come into my workplace and tell me about the pitfalls of
>> using 100 base T on the network. I probally have it all wrong, is it a 9 to 5
>> gig?
>>
>> Pete
...]

And here another message about Berlin Break. After Magnum
both Jeff MacKay and John Hillerman met together professionally
to make in Europe a post cold-war detective series for RTL
(Radio Television Luxembourg.) I have two tapes with a few
episodes from this series...

This is what Jeff MacKey has had to say about Berlin Break:

[...

...]

I was delighted to see Jeff MacKey acting later in Jag.
Don Bellisario was always connected to his team across
projects.

My news archives have approx 10-12 messages from Jeff MacKay,
I chose these two because they appear very unique.

RIP Jeff, we will miss you!

Thomas
http://www.pbase.com/goislands/alt_tv_mpi

JEMS EBERHARD HORBEL

Jul 8, 2023, 8:25:28 PM7/8/23
DIRECT SENDER IS HERE LETS DEAL.

JEMS EBERHARD

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
GLOBALPAY INC US

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP FOR A SERIOUS DEAL.

+447405129573