I Second That(Part2, Of Course!)

david Tharp

Aug 5, 2002, 5:50:34 PM8/5/02
I had sooooooooo much fun the last time I thought I'd be like Mike
Myers and milk it for everything it was worth so:

1. Second best female MAY character: Lisa, this one, like Lisa herself
is a nobrainer!

2. Second favorite no longer on the air TV show:Seinfeld, to tell the
truth before Queen Slipperless lured me to this newsgroup Seinfeld was
my #1 TV show.

3. Second Favorite Julia Roberts movie, Notting Hill.

4. Second favorite day of the week:Thursday.

5. Second Favorite Female member of this newsgroup, Magenta. BTW,
where is the lovely lass?

"You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think."
Dorothy Parker

Kukie

Aug 16, 2002, 6:08:32 PM8/16/02
Since we are playing Favorites... How about listing your favorite Tag or
teaser (the little snipits at the begining & end of each show)
My favorite TAG (end) would be from
"The Late Show"
They are painting the apartment & Anne Ramsay comes by (on the other side of
the window) & complains that no one told her that they were Doing the show
this week (she wasn't in the episode) Helen (stops eating) says "were not,
We're just painting the set"
Anne: What for?
Paul: Because we're selling it
Anne: Whyyyyy
John: We need the money
Anne: What for
Leila: Paul owes money to the mob
John: Yup
Paul: Hey You wanna help us
Anne:Can't Just had thum surgery
What makes it so funny is (for those of us who know the episode) is these
are all relating to things that went on in the episode.
Also I love this tag because of the blooper in it. Right before Paul says
"Because we're selling it" Anne starts to put her hand (with the bandaged
thumb) on the bottom of the window (making it visable to us) catching
herself in the act, she quickly puts it down but then shortly after she puts
it on the side of the window, Initially exposing the thumb but again
catching herself and pulls it out of view.

My Close 2nd Favorite is from
"Moody Blues"
Paul & Helen are singing (to the tune of "I am the very Model of a Modern
Major General") as they do the dishes

Helen: Now the show is done and we can watch as the credits roll
Paul: They have a list of all the folks who work here see its on a scroll
Helen: Look at all the people that it takes to make a TV Show
Paul: 64 ot them I gotta tell ya I dont even know
Helen: This song is stuck with in my head
Paul: Theres no way I can go to bed
Helen: Lets ask this man who's name is Ed
Paul: Is there another song instead

My Favorite Teaser is not so easy ( I love so many because it means the show
is about to begin)
"Storms We Cannot Weather"
Jamie walking out of the bedroom stopping next to paul who is sitting on the
couch.
She then says: Watch me! ... ... ... ... Voila!
and proceedes to show Paul how to change the toilet paper
We have all gone through this with someone we love :)

"My Boyfriend's Back!"
Jamie Kisses Paul as no man has ever been kissed before (causing the fridge
to move)
I'm a girl I can't help it I love this one!!! Not to mention a true romantic
at heart. So any expression of love (or in this case, lust with a purpose)
is tops with me!

McKenzie Gallagher

Aug 16, 2002, 6:49:59 PM8/16/02
My favorite I-think-it's-a-teaser is when Jamie is singing Copacobana. If
it's not a teaser, then I'm sorry - I'm not worthy! ;) Also, the teaser
where Paul and Jamie are sitting at the piano singing the last few lines of
The Star Spangled Banner....very amusing.

One of my favorite tags was seen just the other day - the very first episode
involving Murray and "the mouse," and the tag is of Paul and Helen letting
the audience know that Murray wasn't hurt during the filming, and she goes
on to say that he got a bad haircut, and says a few emphatic times "Let it
goooo." Reminds me of my fiance and myself. Actually, I can always find
something that Paul and Jamie do/say in an episode that I can compare to my
fiance (husband in 8 days!! ) and myself and our relationship. Am I crazy
and obsessed, or does anyone else do this, too?

"Kukie" <pca...@ProdigyNOSPAM.net> wrote in message

t.a. barnhart

Aug 16, 2002, 9:05:52 PM8/16/02
favorite tag: where they are playing monopoly, and paul gets a community chest
card and says, "hey look, you get a movie of the week" -- and helen collapses
in laughter.

favorite teaser, off the top of my head -- they walk in and murray is standing
on the table: "well, that's new"

Holly

Aug 24, 2002, 4:21:15 PM8/24/02
My favorite is when Paul uses the breast pump to clean off excess hair on Murray!

Aug 30, 2002, 12:50:54 PM8/30/02
> My favorite is when Paul uses the breast pump to clean off excess hair on Murray!
>

> "t.a. barnhart" <sub...@peak.org> wrote in message news:<3D5DA148...@peak.org>...
> > favorite tag: where they are playing monopoly, and paul gets a community chest
> > card and says, "hey look, you get a movie of the week" -- and helen collapses
> > in laughter.
> >
> > favorite teaser, off the top of my head -- they walk in and murray is standing
> > on the table: "well, that's new"

This one was on last night - made me crack up:

Paul is just about to head out when he is trying on a black beret.
He's got such a happy/proud look on his face like "Today I am going to
be different and wear this beret!" and he has it all set just-so on
his head when in walks Jamie and as she breezes by him, she glances
ever-so-briefly and says "WRONG" - Paul is crushed and takes the beret
off.....

Sep 6, 2002, 1:05:53 PM9/6/02
"McKenzie Gallagher" <kenz...@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:<rkf79.44125$vg.10...@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...

> My favorite I-think-it's-a-teaser is when Jamie is singing Copacobana. If
> it's not a teaser, then I'm sorry - I'm not worthy! ;) Also, the teaser
> where Paul and Jamie are sitting at the piano singing the last few lines of
> The Star Spangled Banner....very amusing.

That episode was on Lifetime yesterday and I saw it - yes, Jamie
singing Copacobana DEFINATELY qualifies as a teaser/tag.

Also - did EVERY episode have beginning + ending tags? I know not all
had ending tags/teasers, but it's hard to see if the beginning ones
got cut from Lifetime's current showings. Is there an episode list,
complete with tags? I want to know if I'm missing anything!

Kai Kindereit

Sep 6, 2002, 5:41:05 PM9/6/02
S wrote:

> Also - did EVERY episode have beginning + ending tags?

No.

> I know not all
> had ending tags/teasers, but it's hard to see if the beginning ones
> got cut from Lifetime's current showings. Is there an episode list,
> complete with tags? I want to know if I'm missing anything!

Look for the (old) Episode Guide of this group on the Web. It has all
the teasers/tags in it.

Cheerio
Kai

Jeff Cox

Oct 6, 2002, 9:28:21 PM10/6/02
My favorite was when Paul was walking through the apartment sing that
"Big Boned and Bitter" song. Jamie says she likes that song and asks
who wrote it. Paul says he did, just walking through the apartment.
She thinks for a minute and says, "Big-boned and bitter....who would
that be about again?" Paul says, "Ooh, you know who wrote that song?
Willie Nelson!"

So was that song made up, or is it a real song? It's kinda catchy!

Dave Verbanac

May 26, 2021, 8:44:15 PM5/26/21
The reason that Paul's comment to Jamie about getting a movie of the week was so funny was because Helen Hunt had just starred in "Murder in New Hampshire: The Pamela Smart Story", for which she garnered critical acclaim.