understanding "The Shining" movie in a complementary way to getting "Lost" like me

Robert Goodman

Jul 16, 2021, 10:18:11 AM7/16/21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRr_0W-9hWg

This says very persuasively that Stanley Kubrick, by inserting a lot of clues in "The Shining" to this effect,
produced a plot which is mostly at odds with what seems to be happening when viewed superficially.
Not only that, but the types of clues seem to be echoed specifically on "Lost" in acknowledgment.
The most likeliest shout-out to "The Shining" from "Lost" was the latter's anachronistic style of wall light switch
in the scene about Locke's supposed birth, echoing the disappearing light switch plate in "The Shining".
And here I'd thought I was the one who gave Damon the idea of deliberately inserting "mistakes" on screen!

In brief, scenery and props in various shots of "The Shining" distinguish between objective reality and
what's going on only in one crazy character's mind. And it's not the one you thought was crazy.

Bob in Andover NJ