"Get" "Lost" lecture series begins April 6 in Newton, NJ

doc...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2018, 8:46:16 AM4/2/18
Did you like the TV serial "Lost" but think it didn't make sense? Starting April 6, 2018, Robert Goodman, a friend of "Lost" show-runner Damon Lindelof since he was a young teen, delivers a series of multimedia presentations explaining that it was a crime mystery for the viewer to solve, and that it had a VERY different plot from its surface appearance. You'll see, hear, and read its SOURCE material -- including an actual historic event. You'll laugh at scenes that made you cry. You'll suck in breath at lines that made you laugh. Homework will be given. Fridays 5-7 PM Sussex County Community Col. Bldg. A (Health Science and Performing Arts Center) Room 211. Park in visitor spaces, no charge. Ask Security for the "Get" Lost lecture; don't just tell them, "Get Lost!"

http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/teach

Erowid

Apr 2, 2018, 4:48:45 PM4/2/18
Film it? I'm in the US. I am fascinated by your explanations.

doc...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2018, 1:37:28 PM4/6/18
On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 4:48:45 PM UTC-4, Erowid wrote:

> Film it? I'm in the US. I am fascinated by your explanations.

Maybe someone will, but it won't be me.

doc...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2018, 12:38:33 PM4/8/18
Wasn't anyone. Nobody showed up. The week before, we had technical difficulty that scotched it. I don't know if I should try starting again.

Erowid

Apr 9, 2018, 7:02:15 PM4/9/18
Do it! Maybe collaborate with someone and make a youtube video (series?).

This should be shared.

doc...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 11:03:12 PM4/11/18
On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 7:02:15 PM UTC-4, Erowid wrote:

> Do it! Maybe collaborate with someone and make a youtube video (series?).

That's what my friend Drew, an alum of SCCC, said. Trouble is, lots of copyrighted material needs to be seen, like about 8 episodes of "Department S". Drew's father Ralph, a lawyer (who I knew before Drew was born & before they moved to the area -- long before I did), suggested I could get away w it by just inserting a few breaks, which I'd need anyway to explain stuff.

Bobbo in Andover

Erowid

Apr 12, 2018, 7:32:02 PM4/12/18
There are tons of analysis videos on Star Wars, Kubrick,Breaking Bad and plenty more copywrited content diced up on YouTube. Please share!

doc...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2018, 11:48:26 PM4/12/18
On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 7:32:02 PM UTC-4, Erowid wrote:

> There are tons of analysis videos on Star Wars, Kubrick,Breaking Bad and plenty more copywrited content diced up on YouTube. Please share!

True, but YouTube's already taken down the "Department S" episodes. I place heavy reliance on them. (They may have taken down "Jonathan Creek" too.) They're on Dailymotion now. Here are the episodes most relevant to "Lost":

"One of Our Aircraft Is Empty" (inspiration for all of "Lost")
"Six Days"
"The Duplicated Man" (German title: "Doppelt Oder Nichts")
"The Man in the Elegant Room"
"A Ticket to Nowhere"
"The Double Death of Charlie Crippen"
"The Pied Piper of Hambledown"
"The Perfect Operation"
"The Bones of Byrom Blaine"
"The Shift That Never Was"
"The Mysterious Man in the Flying Machine" (pre-credits opening only)

If you remember "Lost" well, you may bust out laughing at certain scenes in some of the above as you recognize them.

Bobbo in Andover