Re: R.I.P: Mira Furlan (Babylon 5, Lost)

Ubiquitous

Jan 22, 2021, 8:39:09 AM1/22/21
In article <rudr3p$1se$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Your...@YourISP.com wrote:

>From Variety.com ...
>

> Mira Furlan, 'Babylon 5' and 'Lost' Actress, Dies at 65
> Mira Furlan, best known for her roles as Delenn on "Babylon 5"
> and Danielle Rousseau on "Lost," died on Wednesday. She was 65.
>
> Her Twitter account announced the news on Thursday, and
> "Babylon 5" creator J. Michael Straczynski posted a tribute to
> the actress later that night.
>
> While a cause of death has yet not been revealed, Straczynski
> said the cast and crew of "Babylon 5" had "known for some time
> now that Mira's health was fading." "We kept hoping that she
> would improve," he wrote. "In a group email sent to the cast a
> while back, I heard that she might be improving."
>
> However, Straczynski said he later got the call from "Babylon 5"
> co-star Peter Jurasik that Furlan's husband, director Goran
> Gajic, was "bringing her home."
>
> "Mira was a good and kind woman, a stunningly talented
> performer, and a friend to everyone in the cast and crew of
> 'Babylon 5,' and we are all devastated by the news," he wrote.
> "The cast members with whom she was especially close since the
> show's end will need room to process this moment, so please be
> gentle if they are unresponsive for a time. We have been down
> this road too often, and it only gets harder."
>
> Furlan was born in the former Yugoslavia, where she had a number
> of stage roles and was part of the Croatian National Theatre,
> and emigrated to the U.S. in 1991. She joined space opera
> "Babylon 5" as Delenn, the Minbari ambassador to the titular
> space station, in 1993, and would go on to star in the series
> for its full five seasons. In 2004, she made her debut in ABC's
> megahit "Lost" as Danielle Rousseau, a scientist who'd been
> shipwrecked on the show's mysterious island 16 years before the
> crash of the Oceanic Flight 815. She recurred throughout the
> series over its next few seasons.
>
> Furlan continued to act through last year, and racked up dozens
> of credits across film and TV throughout her life. Her film
> credits include Emir Kusturica's Oscar-nominated "When Father Was
> Away on Business," "Beauty of Vice," "Three For Happiness" and
> "In the Jaws of Life."
>
> She is survived by Gajic and their son, Marko Lav Gajic.
>

> https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mira-furlan-dead-babylon-5-lost-1234890117/

Oh no! :-(

--
Trump won.

Robert Goodman

Jan 22, 2021, 7:34:58 PM1/22/21
On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 8:39:09 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> In article <rudr3p$1se$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Your...@YourISP.com wrote:
>
> >From Variety.com ...

> > In 2004, she made her debut in ABC's
> > megahit "Lost" as Danielle Rousseau, a scientist who'd been
> > shipwrecked on the show's mysterious island 16 years before the
> > crash of the Oceanic Flight 815.

Except...if you follow the clues, you can tell she was actually there only long enough to meet Said. Her entire story of how she arrived, where she arrived
from, who she was with, and her motivation for their going there was phony. Her and Benry's story about Alex's having been her daughter was phony too.
Her name was very obviously an assumed one, and her death was faked too. Alex's death, however, was real, and very much a shock to Benry, which is why
he vowed revenge by killing Widmore's daughter.

Bobbo in Andover

Pirate For Life

Jun 6, 2021, 12:19:15 AM6/6/21
All the legends are dropping like flies. I hope these new directors take
lessons from these legendary actors now! The crap that we have now on
television is intolerable!

anim8rfsk

Jun 6, 2021, 1:36:42 AM6/6/21
Shut up Seamus

Joshua Brough

Aug 27, 2022, 7:46:56 PM8/27/22
On Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 12:34:58 AM UTC, Robert Goodman wrote:
> > >From Variety.com ...
> > > In 2004, she made her debut in ABC's
> > > megahit "Lost" as Danielle Rousseau, a scientist who'd been
> > > shipwrecked on the show's mysterious island 16 years before the
> > > crash of the Oceanic Flight 815.
> Except...if you follow the clues, you can tell she was actually there only long enough to meet Said. Her entire story of how she arrived, where she arrived
> from, who she was with, and her motivation for their going there was phony. Her and Benry's story about Alex's having been her daughter was phony too.
> Her name was very obviously an assumed one, and her death was faked too. Alex's death, however, was real, and very much a shock to Benry, which is why
> he vowed revenge by killing Widmore's daughter.
>
> Bobbo in Andover
The article is going off what the show presented as canon and not your ridiculous speculations.

Robert Goodman

Aug 27, 2022, 8:33:45 PM8/27/22
The show presented nothing "as canon" but itself. Whatever inferences people drew from it are speculations. You THINK you saw such-and-such happen on the show, you could be right or wrong.

Did you or did you not see EXACTLY ONE hole suddenly appear in the water bottle Rousseau and Alex had with them? Considering the way "Lost" repeatedly made a point about entry and exit holes or wounds from gunshots, how could this not mean that THE SHOOTING AT ROUSSEAU WAS FAKED? And if it was faked, who was supposed to witness and be fooled by her supposed fatal shooting? That would've been Alex. And what good would it have done to kill the witness? See http://http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/teach/GetLost21.html at "You Scratch My Back, I’ll Stab Yours".

I'm going by what EVERYONE COULD SEE watching the show. What evidence are you going by?

As to how we can tell Rousseau arrived at the island only a short time before Saïd found her, it's because her story was so obviously phony. First of all, her name was probably fake, to fit the "philosophers" motif used by many assumed names on "Lost". The story about her having arrived at the island as part of a science expedition in the Pacific makes no sense. No set of scientists investigating something else is going to go off to look for the source of a common "numbers" radio station; they're a dime a dozen, and unrelated to the work they were doing. No way a woman late in pregnancy would've been sent along. And they wouldn't've attempted it in a craft like the one shown. And to top it off, there's her assertion that they were in the Pacific at all contradicts the abundant evidence that the island was nowhere near the Pacific: the smuggler's plane from Nigeria, the atypical fauna, the single-hop reception of an AFRTS music program, plus much more evidence that points to Fernando Poo or thereabouts as the island location, which the writers would've been eager to do as a shout-out to "Illuminatus!" by Shea and Wilson. Rousseau was a shill backing up Ben's story to convince Saïd and other (Manchurian) "candidates" that they had survived an airliner crash.

YOU are speculating that Rousseau's story was true. You wouldn't be very good interrogating witnesses. If you think Rousseau was shot, explain why a real bullet would be used on her, while fake evidence of a gunshot would be used on her water bottle.

Bobbo now in Andover NJ
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted