Sawyer's name

瀏覽次數:19 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

doc...@gmail.com

未讀,
2018年4月25日 下午5:05:012018/4/25
收件者:
Looks like I'm the first here to notice the similarity between the names of character Sawyer and, from "The Manchurian Candidate", which I'm reading now, Ray Shaw, short for Raymond Shaw. The cx is causal, I'm sure.

doc...@gmail.com

未讀,
2019年7月12日 清晨6:02:532019/7/12
收件者:
On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 5:05:01 PM UTC-4, rob...@bestweb.net wrote:
> Looks like I'm the first here to notice the similarity between the names of character Sawyer and, from "The Manchurian Candidate", which I'm reading now, Ray Shaw, short for Raymond Shaw. The cx is causal, I'm sure.

What bothers me most about this now is that surely someone as widely read as Sawyer would've read Condon's novel. And Sawyer's a smart guy. I can think of ways out of this problem:

One would be that "The Manchurian Candidate" did not exist in the world of "Lost". But that's very doubtful, else whichever cackling supervillain gave
Sawyer that name would've had no basis to do so. And that runs against the grain of the clues on "Lost" that "The Lost Special" by Doyle was known to characters.

The other is that Sawyer was not so widely read, but only CONDITIONED TO BELIEVE he was. This is the idea I like now. It comports with the fact that only after his brainwashing did he discover that he needed reading glasses.

Bobbo in Andover NJ
0 則新訊息