download LOST season 2 here

mark...@5460.net

Dec 5, 2005, 5:22:21 AM12/5/05

MK

Dec 5, 2005, 10:56:26 PM12/5/05

MK

Dec 6, 2005, 12:21:15 AM12/6/05
By the way, you'll need divx codec to play this video. codec could be
found at www.divx.com

MK

Dec 6, 2005, 1:38:36 AM12/6/05

MK

Dec 6, 2005, 1:56:30 AM12/6/05

MK

Dec 6, 2005, 3:04:48 AM12/6/05
http://pickup.mofile.net/83883738262147338326
[Season 2 Episode 5]

More to be published here, hehe...

MK

Dec 6, 2005, 4:55:01 AM12/6/05

MK

Dec 6, 2005, 5:39:21 AM12/6/05

MK

Dec 6, 2005, 11:35:51 PM12/6/05

Phil R.

Dec 7, 2005, 12:51:07 AM12/7/05
On 5 Dec 2005 19:56:26 -0800, "MK" <mark...@5460.net> wrote:

Yeah, 3kb per sec upload speed. Forget it.

--Phil

MK

Dec 7, 2005, 5:01:30 AM12/7/05
http://pickup.mofile.net/48748609403123144844
[Season 2 E9] more will be posted, if aired...

MK

Dec 13, 2005, 12:17:42 AM12/13/05
By the way, if you experience slow download speed or the download
easily interrupted, you may want to try use download accelerators
check it out here: http://www.download.com/sort/3150-2071_4-0-1-3.html?

shaun...@hotmail.com

Dec 13, 2005, 3:59:36 PM12/13/05

when I watch it it doesnt work

buck

Dec 14, 2005, 8:36:58 AM12/14/05

Hey Mike,

Thanks a million for uploading these episodes. You are Great. The
second series has not been shown in Europe and we can't get the plans
of the TV stations on its future. So this site is a super service and
we want to thank you for the uploads and all the time you have spent on
the projesct. Have a great holiday season. Lorcan

buck

Dec 14, 2005, 8:52:25 AM12/14/05
Hi.. Make sure ypur Windows Media Player has all the Updates. Go to
help and select " Check for Updates". These are big files so check your
Memory allocation. Go to Control Panel and with Internet Options delete
your Internet (Temp) files. Finally go to your desktop. select drive
"C". then Properties. then sytem tools and select "error Checking". Do
a system scan in case your sys is out of sync. Hope this helps...Lorcan

Andreas

Dec 14, 2005, 10:42:00 AM12/14/05
Hi, thanks a bunch for uploading these episodes man, good work i've
been looking for them everywhere since we dont get them in europe!!
When do you think well be getting episode 10?
Keep it up!!!!1

shaun...@hotmail.com

Dec 14, 2005, 2:42:17 PM12/14/05

hey thanks dude but there is only 8 minutes of this episode. do u know
where i can get the full one?? thanks

Message has been deleted

adii...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2005, 3:11:56 AM12/16/05
???
1. Is this legal?
2. It's a trick anyway, the file you are downloading is called
something like ...losthdtv.avi.exe, which means that it's an executable
file, a program, possibly a virus/trojan...

Ryan Robbins

Dec 16, 2005, 6:39:01 AM12/16/05

<adii...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> ???
> 1. Is this legal?

Of course not.

buck

Dec 16, 2005, 9:38:39 AM12/16/05

Hey guys I am not a legal head but I would think if you download Lost
and Just use it yourself rather than Burn DVD's and distribute them
your not doing any harm. Lotsa stuff on the web is the same, as far as
I know.

If your downloading files you need to be on ADSL or Broadband as the
files are very large. They do play as AVI files on Windows Media
Player. Episodes 8 & 9 download as executables "exe". Just rename them
with AVI at the end instead of "exe" and they work. I found no Virus's.

Why don't you guys just enjoy the downloads like I did and quit the
bitching.

Mike Is doing a great job posting them for us guys in Europe and
elswhere outside the USA.

I guess Some people are Like the guy who goes to a basement and see's
two doors. One says "Enter Paradise". The other " Lecture on Paradise".
Which one would you choose??

Those who have downloaded and enjoyed the programs rally round and
thank MIKE as I did. Hope Episode 10 comes soon. Have a look at this
site for lotsa trivia on LOST

This is a great site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_%28TV_series%29

Lorcan

Ryan Robbins

Dec 16, 2005, 4:39:01 PM12/16/05

"buck" <mallar...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hey guys I am not a legal head but I would think if you download Lost
> and Just use it yourself rather than Burn DVD's and distribute them
> your not doing any harm. Lotsa stuff on the web is the same, as far as
> I know.

Oh my, you are ignorant.

Message has been deleted

buck

Dec 18, 2005, 5:45:59 PM12/18/05
Mr. Robbins. I am not ignorant. Thanks to this site many LOST fans got
to see Season 2 to Episode 9. There are no plans for TV stations in
Europe to air Season 2. I and others have checked. Decency prevents me
saying anything stronger to you at this point, though I am tempted.
Suffice to say We have looked at your many postings in Google. It is
abundantly clear that empty vessels make most noise and there are more
horse's asses than there are horses.

I am sure that you can extrapulate accordingly. I guess one of the
visisitudes of public forums is the requirement to endure balls of
smoke, as your argument/point shows.
Yes, my fellow Europeans as we know facts are such stubborn little
bastards! Use them with care. As for Ryan we also know A police state
is GREAT when you're the police!
Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Q.E.D

Lorcan

Ryan Robbins

Dec 19, 2005, 3:15:58 AM12/19/05

> Thanks to this site many LOST fans got
> to see Season 2 to Episode 9. There are no plans for TV stations in
> Europe to air Season 2.

So this makes you right and your actions legal? You seem to be comparing
yourself to Robin Hood or something.

Jim Shaffer

Dec 19, 2005, 6:20:04 PM12/19/05

If there are no plans to air it in his area, there cannot possibly be
any harm done. Victimless crimes shouldn't exist in a free society,
or among rational people at all for that matter. But I'm probably
wasting my time typing this, because if you were capable of figuring
that out you would have already.

Ryan Robbins

Dec 19, 2005, 7:25:09 PM12/19/05

"Jim Shaffer" <jmsh...@alltel.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:15:58 GMT, "Ryan Robbins"
> <ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com> wrote:
>

>>"buck" <mallar...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Thanks to this site many LOST fans got
>>> to see Season 2 to Episode 9. There are no plans for TV stations in
>>> Europe to air Season 2.
>>
>>So this makes you right and your actions legal? You seem to be comparing
>>yourself to Robin Hood or something.
>
> If there are no plans to air it in his area, there cannot possibly be
> any harm done.

No harm done? Nah, you just stole money from the owners of the show.

kembo dee

Dec 19, 2005, 8:56:59 PM12/19/05
In message <FbIpf.1201$kb1.618@trndny09>, Ryan Robbins
<ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com> writes

I am in the UK and have been downloading series 2 and I too am waiting
for episode 10, firstly if ANYONE has any links to the truth about Lost
S02 not being shown over here.COULD THEY POST SOME INFO!!!!

How does someone downloading a TV show take money from the owners of the
show?
1.Even if the commercials were left in the shows we download and we
bought the products the advertisers have already paid the show for their
ad time.

2.I have worked with teenagers who buy "pirate" music albums for less
than a third of their original price.
My point is these kids don't have the money or the inclination to buy a
"real copy", why would they when a cd copy sounds the same.

3.Most people who download a new movie are just treating the low quality
film like an extended trailer and if they like it they go to the cinema
and watch it and pay the cash.

cheers

Kembo

--
Kembo Dee

Ryan Robbins

Dec 19, 2005, 11:30:51 PM12/19/05
"kembo dee" <kembo_...@dee.org.uk> wrote in message

> How does someone downloading a TV show take money from the owners of the
> show?

Because they have a right to charge you for it. Why is this concept so
difficult for people to understand?

melik....@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2005, 3:23:23 AM12/20/05
what is your problem man. stop playing the internet police. if u think
this is illegal, fine dont download the episodes, nobody is forcing u
for nothing. and i dont think people who are watchng the episods on tv,
are payng anythng to the owners. and speclly the ones with the pwrs who
can record them during broadcast.

Ryan P.

Dec 20, 2005, 11:33:48 AM12/20/05
Ryan Robbins wrote:

I'm not going to agree with the "I wasn't going to buy it anyway"
argument, because I think that is a silly argument to make.

The sticking point is that the product is already available for FREE
over a broadcast network. Its not pay channel like Showtime or HBO or
even a cable channel like Sci-Fi.

Ryan Robbins

Dec 20, 2005, 5:26:30 PM12/20/05

"Ryan P." <rpa...@delete.this.part.wi.rr.com> wrote in message

> Ryan Robbins wrote:
>
>> "kembo dee" <kembo_...@dee.org.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>How does someone downloading a TV show take money from the owners of the
>>>show?
>>

>> Because they have a right to charge you for it. Why is this concept so
>> difficult for people to understand?
>
> I'm not going to agree with the "I wasn't going to buy it anyway"
> argument, because I think that is a silly argument to make.
>
> The sticking point is that the product is already available for FREE over
> a broadcast network.

The DVDs are not free anywhere. The producers have every right to set their
prices for broadcast and other media. The public, on the other hand, has no
right to possess a copy of anything. If the show isn't broadcast in a
country, that's too bad for potential viewers in that country.

WG...@webtv.net

Dec 20, 2005, 7:43:15 PM12/20/05
]10:26pm (PST+8) From:
] ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com
] (Ryan Robbins)

]The DVDs are not free anywhere. The

] producers have every right to set their prices
] for broadcast and other media. The public, on
] the other hand, has no right to possess a copy
] of anything. If the show isn't broadcast in a
] country, that's too bad for potential viewers in
] that country.

Are you that stupid in real life, or do you just play an "Idiot", on
this News Group?

Ryan Robbins

Dec 20, 2005, 10:54:28 PM12/20/05

<WG...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Educate yourself on intellectual property law, copyright law in particular,
and you will see that I am not an idiot on the subject.

WG...@webtv.net

Dec 21, 2005, 4:15:11 AM12/21/05
]10:26pm (PST+8) From:
] ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com
] (Ryan Robbins)

]The DVDs are not free anywhere. The
]producers have every right to set their prices
] for broadcast and other media. The public, on
] the other hand, has no right to possess a copy
] of anything. If the show isn't broadcast in a
] country, that's too bad for potential viewers in
] that country.

]Are you that stupid in real life, or do you just
] play an "Idiot", on this News Group?

]Educate yourself on intellectual property law,
] copyright law in particular, and you will see
] that I am not an idiot on the subject.

But you are an Idiot when it comes to posting! If you will re-read the
third sentence in your post, you said, and I quote "The public, on the

other hand, has no right to possess a copy of anything."

So what you are saying is that everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or
a DVDR disc to copy a TV show is breaking the copyright laws? Even
though those same people bought those blank VHS tapes, and DVDR discs
"legally" in a store. What do you think those people were going to use
them for? Even the TV Industry knows what people do with them, and they
have not said a word in over 20 years. Now you are going to tell me that
everyone who has ever copied a TV show has broken the copyright law even
though they have been legaly selling the means to do so for years. I
think you need to "re-educate" yourself, on the Copyright Law!

Ryan Robbins

Dec 21, 2005, 5:56:23 AM12/21/05

>So what you are saying is that everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or
>a DVDR disc to copy a TV show is breaking the copyright laws?

God help you get a brain, because it's absolutely impossible to explain
anything in the simplest of details that you might have a chance in a blue
moon of comprehending and understanding...

kembo dee

Dec 21, 2005, 7:12:17 AM12/21/05

>>>How does someone downloading a TV show take money from the owners of
>>>the show?
>> Because they have a right to charge you for it. Why is this concept
>>so difficult for people to understand?
>
> I'm not going to agree with the "I wasn't going to buy it anyway"
>argument, because I think that is a silly argument to make.
>
> The sticking point is that the product is already available for FREE
>over a broadcast network. Its not pay channel like Showtime or HBO or
>even a cable channel like Sci-Fi.

The main point IS the product is available for free, but if Lost series
2 is not broadcast in the UK, because I have downloaded it, I wouldn't
buy it on DVD.

It's not a silly point it's true, I downloaded series 1 therefore I
won't be buying it on DVD.

Let me tell what is on TV tonight in the UK
Lost Episode 20 / Do No Harm.

Do you understand why people are downloading it?!!!

Thank You

--
Kembo Dee

kembo dee

Dec 21, 2005, 7:13:09 AM12/21/05

>The DVDs are not free anywhere. The producers have every right to set their
>prices for broadcast and other media. The public, on the other hand, has no
>right to possess a copy of anything. If the show isn't broadcast in a
>country, that's too bad for potential viewers in that country.

What ??!!

Like I said in my previous post:
Wednesday 21st December 10pm

Lost Episode 20 / Do No Harm

Channel 4 UK TV Channel

It's not too bad, you just download it !!

--
Kembo Dee

kembo dee

Dec 21, 2005, 7:13:09 AM12/21/05
In message <rxaqf.4805$u36.1976@trndny01>, Ryan Robbins
<ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com> writes

Well answer the question!!
Is everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or a DVDR disc to copy a TV
show breaking the copyright laws?

and my question:
Are people who sell PVR, DVD Recorders, DVDR supplying something for the
purpose of "commiting a crime"?

--
Kembo Dee

Shevek

Dec 21, 2005, 7:41:51 AM12/21/05
kembo dee wrote:

> and my question:
> Are people who sell PVR, DVD Recorders, DVDR supplying something for the
> purpose of "commiting a crime"?

Most likely they are. But business is business. :-) When Sony (owner of
Columbia for instance) sells DVD players than can also play divx's,
aren't they aware that the players are likely to be used with files
downloaded from the net? Of course they are, but as Vespasian put it,
"Money has no smell".

About the whole topic of copyright laws, I recommend the lecture of
Lessig's "Free Culture"

http://www.free-culture.cc/freeculture.pdf

(you can download it. It's free! :-) ).

It explains a lot of interesting things, including some historical
facts, as that the Hollywood movie industry was born when the
independent producers escaped from Edison patents, infringing the law;
or that cable TV refused for 30 years to pay to the authors of programs
it broadcasted.

--
Shevek

Ryan P.

Dec 21, 2005, 9:16:35 AM12/21/05
WG...@webtv.net wrote:

> But you are an Idiot when it comes to posting! If you will re-read the
> third sentence in your post, you said, and I quote "The public, on the
> other hand, has no right to possess a copy of anything."
>
> So what you are saying is that everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or
> a DVDR disc to copy a TV show is breaking the copyright laws? Even
> though those same people bought those blank VHS tapes, and DVDR discs
> "legally" in a store. What do you think those people were going to use
> them for? Even the TV Industry knows what people do with them, and they
> have not said a word in over 20 years. Now you are going to tell me that
> everyone who has ever copied a TV show has broken the copyright law even
> though they have been legaly selling the means to do so for years. I
> think you need to "re-educate" yourself, on the Copyright Law!

Basically, it comes down to the fact that corporations don't care what
you do if they don't think they have a way to make money off of what you
are doing. Once they figure out a way, the rules suddenly change.

Prime example: iTunes. When iTunes first came out, you were able to
watch music videos for free. Once they saw that lots of people watched
the videos, they suddenly want $2 per view. For a stupid video.

As for your question about VHS/DVR recordings of broadcast content,
its a pretty well-established "right" of the public (and HAS been ruled
on by courts, especially when VHS/BETA tech was first mass marketed) to
be able to record broadcast content for PRIVATE use, as long as it is
not sold or used for profit in any way.

I'd have to do some Googling, but I'm also fairly certain that US law
allows a person to make a "backup" of any recording they purchase for
archival purposes, and this extends to computer software as well. But
again, one is not legally allowed to distribute copies in any way to
another person or entity.

angelsabove

Dec 21, 2005, 12:18:40 PM12/21/05

"Ryan Robbins" <ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com> wrote in message

I'm pretty sure Ryan is right about this. Yes Ryan I do agree with you.
Although I have done it. I don't think it is the number one priorty on the
internet police list. I just say follow your concience(sp). This point has
been argued to death. If your going to download shows or movies don't go
annoucing it.

AA

rwgibson13

Dec 21, 2005, 1:11:47 PM12/21/05

Ryan P. wrote:
> WG...@webtv.net wrote:
>

> > But you are an Idiot when it comes to posting! If you will re-read the
> > third sentence in your post, you said, and I quote "The public, on the
> > other hand, has no right to possess a copy of anything."
> >
> > So what you are saying is that everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or
> > a DVDR disc to copy a TV show is breaking the copyright laws? Even
> > though those same people bought those blank VHS tapes, and DVDR discs
> > "legally" in a store. What do you think those people were going to use
> > them for? Even the TV Industry knows what people do with them, and they
> > have not said a word in over 20 years. Now you are going to tell me that
> > everyone who has ever copied a TV show has broken the copyright law even
> > though they have been legaly selling the means to do so for years. I
> > think you need to "re-educate" yourself, on the Copyright Law!
>
> Basically, it comes down to the fact that corporations don't care what
> you do if they don't think they have a way to make money off of what you
> are doing. Once they figure out a way, the rules suddenly change.
>
> Prime example: iTunes. When iTunes first came out, you were able to
> watch music videos for free. Once they saw that lots of people watched
> the videos, they suddenly want $2 per view. For a stupid video.

This is a good point. One of the reasons that companies don't
generally go after videotape copiers and swappers where there's no
current market for a product is that there is always the hope that, by
doing so, the swappers will CREATE a market.

The case of Japanese anime comes most quickly to mind. When I and
hundreds like me were creating and swapping tapes of anime back in the
'70s and '80s, there wasn't a large enough market for companies to
translate and sell it in America. It was mainly BECAUSE of the taping
and swapping that went on that the market for it was born - as more
people became exposed to it, they found they liked it and the companies
on both sides of the Pacific began to take notice.

Now you can find the stuff on television, in regular video stores, just
about everywhere. And the companies are happy because they can make
profit, and the fans are happy because they get quality videos and DVDs
instead of the grainy 4th generation copies they used to have to watch.
But it's debatable that any of it would have come about if not for the
underground fan network of videotapers of my generation.

RWG (it certainly wouldn't have come about so quickly)

Steven L.

Dec 21, 2005, 2:28:32 PM12/21/05
kembo dee wrote:

> In message <rxaqf.4805$u36.1976@trndny01>, Ryan Robbins
> <ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com> writes
>
>> <WG...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> So what you are saying is that everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or
>>> a DVDR disc to copy a TV show is breaking the copyright laws?
>>

>> God help you get a brain, because it's absolutely impossible to explain
>> anything in the simplest of details that you might have a chance in a
>> blue
>> moon of comprehending and understanding...
>

> Well answer the question!!
> Is everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or a DVDR disc to copy a TV
> show breaking the copyright laws?

I don't know what the copyright laws are like in whatever shithouse
country you happen to live in.

But here in America, there is a difference between taping a broadcast
program off the air (with all of its commercials intact), versus
downloading a version of the show that's commercial free.

Because with a VCR you've copied the commercials as well as the show.
And it's the commercials the sponsors are hoping you'll at least catch a
glimpse of.

One of the reasons that sponsors are moving to product placements as
well as commercials, is so the product placements will be embedded in
the show, even if the commercial-free version is downloaded. Thus,
anyone on earth who downloads the episodes of Survivor is going to be
forced to hear about Home Depot, Pringles, etc. And that pleases me no
end. It's American revenge for the world's screwing us over on terrorism.

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

lxa

Dec 21, 2005, 3:38:37 PM12/21/05
I don't know why everyones arguing so much about this. The laws are
different in every country, but thats entirely beside the point. Anyone
who doesn't want to download the episodes should quite simply go to a
different thread and stay away from this one. No one is forcing them to
be here. Here in australia we are way behind in Lost. Season 1 only
finished airing a short while ago, with no mention of if or when season
2 would air. During season 1 I got so addicted to it that I couldn't
stand the wait each week for a new episode to air (not to mention the
fact that the channel it was on decided halfway through the season to
put the show on a break for about 3 weeks in a row to air some crappy
tv specials that no one wanted to watch!) By searching the net I found
that the producers of the show had a website with the episodes
available for viewing for those people who had missed the odd episode
and wanted to see what they had missed. To view the episodes was free,
and to my way of thinking if the producers of the show were willing to
do this, they must have been more concerned about their viewers than
their sponsors (the episodes they had available to watch on the net had
no ads in them). I was able to watch the whole series over the net and
it was great. I just wish that I still had the web address for the site
so I could have done the same with season 2. So anyway, thanks for the
links to the episodes - I am dying to get stuck into watching season 2!

lxa

Ryan Robbins

Dec 21, 2005, 4:41:43 PM12/21/05

> In message <rxaqf.4805$u36.1976@trndny01>, Ryan Robbins
> <ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com> writes
>><WG...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>>So what you are saying is that everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or
>>>a DVDR disc to copy a TV show is breaking the copyright laws?
>>
>>God help you get a brain, because it's absolutely impossible to explain
>>anything in the simplest of details that you might have a chance in a blue
>>moon of comprehending and understanding...
>
> Well answer the question!!
> Is everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or a DVDR disc to copy a TV show
> breaking the copyright laws?

We've been over this issue a zillion times. Search the archives.

Ryan Robbins

Dec 21, 2005, 4:49:04 PM12/21/05

"lxa" <cel...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

>I don't know why everyones arguing so much about this. The laws are
> different in every country, but thats entirely beside the point.

Most industrialized nations have their copyright laws in line with what is
called the Berne Convention.

> By searching the net I found
> that the producers of the show had a website with the episodes
> available for viewing for those people who had missed the odd episode
> and wanted to see what they had missed. To view the episodes was free,
> and to my way of thinking if the producers of the show were willing to
> do this, they must have been more concerned about their viewers than
> their sponsors (the episodes they had available to watch on the net had
> no ads in them).

The producers of "Lost" have never provided the shows on the Internet for
free. In fact, the only legal place to get episodes on the Internet is at
iTunes.

WG...@webtv.net

Dec 21, 2005, 5:50:08 PM12/21/05
]7:28pm (PST+8) From:
] sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net (Steven L.)

]But here in America, there is a difference

] between taping a broadcast program off the
] air (with all of its commercials intact), versus
] downloading a version of the show that's
] commercial free.

So what about the use of a VCR or DVDR that omits all commercials?
Would doing that be in violation of copyright laws? Even though you can
buy one just about anywhere! I am sure the networks are well aware of
the fact that people have been recording their shows without the
commercials, or fast forwarding through them for many years now, and
they look the other way. If they were at all concered about it, I am
sure they would have pressed the government into banning all recordable
devices. So if they are not concerned about it, then why should anybody
else be?

WG...@webtv.net

Dec 21, 2005, 6:02:10 PM12/21/05
]9:41pm (PST+8) From:
] ryan_r...@bangorinfo.com
] (Ryan Robbins)

]Well answer the question!!

]Is everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or
] a DVDR disc to copy a TV show breaking the
] copyright laws?

]We've been over this issue a zillion times.
] Search the archives.

In other words, you do not have an answer! If you did you would be
spewing it ad nauseam.
"Everyone" breaks the copyright laws, just like everyone speeds on the
highway! And if the TV networks are not worried about it, why are you?

kembo dee

Dec 21, 2005, 6:32:04 PM12/21/05
In message <A1iqf.1809$R84...@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Steven
L. <sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net> writes

>kembo dee wrote:
>
>> Well answer the question!!
>> Is everyone who has ever used a VHS tape or a DVDR disc to copy a TV
>>show breaking the copyright laws?
>
>I don't know what the copyright laws are like in whatever shithouse
>country you happen to live in.

A shithouse of a country that doesn't defy the Geneva Convention by
taking detainees to a colony to torture them and then claim the
Convention doesn't apply there because it's not American Soil.

>But here in America, there is a difference between taping a broadcast
>program off the air (with all of its commercials intact), versus
>downloading a version of the show that's commercial free.

But here in downloading land if one of your gracious citizens is nice
enough to download Lost and cut the commercials to save us download
time, all the better for everyone else.

As I don't live in your fantastic country I doubt the sponsors care as
I'm not going to come over and buy their products!!

You dickhead!!

>Thus, anyone on earth who downloads the episodes of Survivor is going
>to be forced to hear about Home Depot, Pringles, etc. And that pleases
>me no end. It's American revenge for the world's screwing us over on
>terrorism.

I'M NOT BOTHERED ABOUT SURVIVOR, IT'S LOST I'M BOTHERED ABOUT

the world isn't screwing you over on terrorism, your country is trying
to screw everyone else over who has a bit of oil under their soil!!

--
Kembo Dee

Steven L.

Dec 21, 2005, 7:07:15 PM12/21/05
WG...@webtv.net wrote:

> ]7:28pm (PST+8) From:
> ] sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net (Steven L.)
>
> ]But here in America, there is a difference
> ] between taping a broadcast program off the
> ] air (with all of its commercials intact), versus
> ] downloading a version of the show that's
> ] commercial free.
>
> So what about the use of a VCR or DVDR that omits all commercials?
> Would doing that be in violation of copyright laws? Even though you can
> buy one just about anywhere! I am sure the networks are well aware of
> the fact that people have been recording their shows without the
> commercials, or fast forwarding through them for many years now, and
> they look the other way.

You're comparing apples and oranges.
The networks cannot *force* you to record and playback their commercials
rather than skip them, any more than they can *force* you to watch the
commercials rather than go to the bathroom during commercial breaks.

But that recording you made is assumed to be for your own personal use.
If you start giving it to other people, especially if they pay you for
it (even a "donation"), that's a whole other story.

Last season (don't remember if you were here), we went thru a similar
discussion about transcripts. A transcript of a Lost episode isn't even
a recording; someone just listens to the show and manually types the
dialogue into a word processor. Nevertheless, that's a violation of
intellectual property rights. Early in Lost Season 1, the producers
went after a couple of websites that provided transcripts and shut them
down. More recently, however, the Lost producers have recognized how
their most loyal fans depend on online transcripts, and have decided to
look the other way. It's still illegal. But they're looking the other way.

TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Dec 21, 2005, 7:47:03 PM12/21/05
Steven L. wrote:
> ...depend on online transcripts, and have decided to
> look the other way. It's still illegal. But they're looking the other
> way.

Actually that pretty much makes it legal. It is the defense of
estoppel. Once the owners of the copyright knowingly allow someone to
distribute their work they will have a very hard time restricting
another from doing the same thing.

That is why big corporations like Disney, or the International Olympic
Committee, aggressively protect their logos, and copyright materials.

Sometimes it makes them look like they are bullying some innocent little
guy. But if they didn't they would lose a lot of the rights to the
symbols and images.

That's why you see this mumbo jumbo ...
"Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by
implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent
or trademark of <Company Name> or any third party."

--

Seinfeld Lists
http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym

LOST - ScreenSnaps & Sawyer's Nicknames
http://tinyurl.com/a2r2r

TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Dec 21, 2005, 7:51:31 PM12/21/05
kembo dee wrote:

> A shithouse of a country that doesn't defy the Geneva Convention by
> taking detainees to a colony to torture them and then claim the
> Convention doesn't apply there because it's not American Soil.

> the world isn't screwing you over on terrorism, your country is trying
> to screw everyone else over who has a bit of oil under their soil!!

Hey, DIPSTICK, The UK is there in the Middle East protection British
Petroleum interests and torturing terrorists along with the US.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

kembo dee

Dec 21, 2005, 10:00:56 PM12/21/05

>Hey, DIPSTICK, The UK is there in the Middle East protection British
>Petroleum interests and torturing terrorists along with the US.
> (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

wrong with what?
going after oil or torture

--
Kembo Dee

Ryan Robbins

Dec 21, 2005, 10:07:29 PM12/21/05

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" <tnguym...@yaho.com> wrote in message

> Steven L. wrote:
>> ...depend on online transcripts, and have decided to look the other way.
>> It's still illegal. But they're looking the other way.
>

> Actually that pretty much makes it legal. It is the defense of estoppel.
> Once the owners of the copyright knowingly allow someone to distribute
> their work they will have a very hard time restricting another from doing
> the same thing.

False. Under trademark law the owner has a duty to pursue and shut down
those who infringe on the mark. But under copyright law the owner has no
obligation to protect his rights. The owner can sue violators selectively
without losing rights to the work.

TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Dec 21, 2005, 10:54:12 PM12/21/05
Ryan Robbins wrote:

> False. Under trademark law the owner has a duty to pursue and shut down
> those who infringe on the mark. But under copyright law the owner has no
> obligation to protect his rights. The owner can sue violators selectively
> without losing rights to the work.

Interesting difference. Thanks.

Okay, so it is "trademarks" they go after. Like in 1988 The IOC suing a
nice Greek family for having an "Olympic Cleaners" in Calgary, etc.

MK

Dec 27, 2005, 11:17:24 PM12/27/05
Note:

1. You'll need divx code to playback the video properly,
2. It's not some sort of .exe file that could harm your computer.

Enjoy.
MK

MK

Dec 27, 2005, 11:19:13 PM12/27/05

jachocho

Dec 28, 2005, 8:18:05 AM12/28/05
hello there!
The link for the 9th episode does'nt work - help!! ;-)
Thanks for your work!
Regards
Pete

c c

Dec 29, 2005, 12:53:13 AM12/29/05
Ok , now this is a funny thread ! Is there a difference between
taping the shows when they're aired , and downloading them ? So - one
is legal , and one is illegal ? Hmm. I don't get the difference ,
legally speaking that is.

Carol

c c

Dec 29, 2005, 1:08:23 AM12/29/05
but...but...but.... Sponsors must know that fast forward was invented
for those commercials in the shows we tape , right ? :-) - Ok ,
will go back to lurking now , before some hilarious profanities and
juvenile put-downs get cyber tossed my way .

Carol

Ryan Robbins

Dec 29, 2005, 3:16:27 AM12/29/05
"c c" <cjcr...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Copyright. We've been over this a zillion times.

thew...@optusnet.com.au

Dec 29, 2005, 4:43:09 AM12/29/05
Hey MK, this link has now expired. Can you post up a new link, please.

thew...@optusnet.com.au

Dec 29, 2005, 5:01:44 AM12/29/05
That`s episode five.

onecle...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2005, 7:46:08 AM12/29/05
hey,

that's right! the link to episode 9 doesn't work!!

pls help!

love,
rachel

shaun...@hotmail.com

Dec 29, 2005, 8:45:48 AM12/29/05

can someone please give me a link 2 episode10 because I am dying 2 see
it thanks

scout...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2005, 11:48:01 AM12/29/05
Pleas, Please, Please update the link to episode 9! I finally got my
slingbox up and running in the States so I can watch episode 10 in two
weeks. For those of us in deployed overseas with only high speed
access - THANK YOU!

SCH

bess...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2005, 4:41:55 AM12/30/05
when will episode 10 be showing? i've been waiting for ages

lo

MK

Dec 30, 2005, 4:50:31 AM12/30/05
Here comes the updated link for Season 2 Episode 9

http://pickup.mofile.net/41441384202179164129

Happy new year!

Andreas

Dec 30, 2005, 7:11:34 AM12/30/05

Hi, episode 10 is suppsed to be aired 11 JAN

scout...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2005, 7:54:26 AM12/30/05
Thanks MK!

Darkside

Dec 30, 2005, 12:07:58 PM12/30/05
Hi all

have seen nthe recent posts on the rights and wrongs of recording TV
on video etc.

Here in the UK, the biggest broadcaster of digital tv SKY is heavily
promoting SKY + which is its own system to record live tv shows so you
can watch them when you want. As a broadcaster it is encouraging
copying of its own broadcast tv shows including channel 4 (which shows
LOST) !!!!

So please who ever you are get of your suposedly moral high horse and
get a reality check. No one here is copying copywrite protected dvd
movies and offering them for sale.

If i want to keep lost for posterity i will buy the DVD, but right now
i am trying to keep up with whats happening, and not rip off a tv net
work that is openly encouraging recording of its own shows, and even
selling the equipment to do so !!!

Anyway, if anyone can help i am trying to find Lost - Season 2 episode
5. The link to the mofile site posted earlier just says the file has
expired. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

Also, Apple I-tunes in the USA are offering all the back lost episodes
for sale at $1.99 per episode. However, if you are from the UK you
can't set up a US account without a US CC or US paypal account .... and
for the idiot who keeps on about piracy, i would have actually bought
episode 5 from this site legally if i could actually have a US account.

Rant over. If anyone cann help with episode 5 thank alot, and keep up
the good work.

SM.

scout...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks MK!

wadi

Dec 30, 2005, 5:12:44 PM12/30/05
LTV(sat channel) in Cyprus is showimg it rom 5/Jan/06 @ 2200CET+1

buck wrote:
> Mr. Robbins. I am not ignorant. Thanks to this site many LOST fans got
> to see Season 2 to Episode 9. There are no plans for TV stations in
> Europe to air Season 2. I and others have checked. Decency prevents me
> saying anything stronger to you at this point, though I am tempted.
> Suffice to say We have looked at your many postings in Google. It is
> abundantly clear that empty vessels make most noise and there are more
> horse's asses than there are horses.
>
> I am sure that you can extrapulate accordingly. I guess one of the
> visisitudes of public forums is the requirement to endure balls of
> smoke, as your argument/point shows.
> Yes, my fellow Europeans as we know facts are such stubborn little
> bastards! Use them with care. As for Ryan we also know A police state
> is GREAT when you're the police!
> Veni, Vidi, Vici.
>
> Q.E.D
>

> Lorcan

Enteyager

Jan 1, 2006, 3:01:16 AM1/1/06

MK wrote:
> http://pickup.mofile.net/83883738262147338326
> [Season 2 Episode 5]
>
> More to be published here, hehe..

Thank you so much for putting all of these on here, my roomies and i
very much so appreciate it, but we just tried downloading episode 5 and
it says the file is expired. We've downloaded all the other files you
uploaded and they work great. Anything you can do to help would be
great.
Thank you.

jpt2

Jan 1, 2006, 8:13:59 AM1/1/06
Just like to say a HUGE thank you for posting these downloads, very
much appreciated.
I am currently trying to download episode 9, but am only getting a
speed of 3 kb/s which means it would take aprox 30 hours to download!!
When i was downloading the other eight i was getting 35-40 kb/s which
took me about 10 hours in total to download. I am thinking that its
because there are so many others downloading at the same time, and that
i'd be better off waiting for a while. Am i right? or is it my pc that
is wrong?!!!

BTR1701

Jan 1, 2006, 9:30:05 AM1/1/06
"Enteyager" <ente...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just go to the Apple iTunes music store. They have all the Season 2
episodes and they're legitimate. (Unless $1.99 is just *way* too much
for you to consider paying for an episode of TV.)

MK

Jan 1, 2006, 11:16:05 AM1/1/06
Updated Season 2 Episode 5 download link

http://pickup.mofile.net/49849745608186784970

This one should work.

Cheers.

jpt2

Jan 1, 2006, 11:20:05 AM1/1/06
As mentioned by previous posters, people outside the US do not have
access the the american i-tunes store. I personally would only be too
happy to part with $2 to get a hassle free quick legal download!!

BTR1701

Jan 1, 2006, 1:03:44 PM1/1/06
In article <1136132405.7...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"jpt2" <johnpt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware of that.

nut

Jan 2, 2006, 9:55:32 PM1/2/06
Darkside wrote:

> Here in the UK, the biggest broadcaster of digital tv SKY is heavily
> promoting SKY + which is its own system to record live tv shows so you
> can watch them when you want. As a broadcaster it is encouraging
> copying of its own broadcast tv shows including channel 4 (which shows
> LOST) !!!!
>
> So please who ever you are get of your suposedly moral high horse and
> get a reality check. No one here is copying copywrite protected dvd
> movies and offering them for sale.

I'm all in favour of getting something for nothing so long as it hurts
nobody - but what you're saying is completely wrong in the eyes of the
law... LOST *is* copyrighted.

Although you can record Sky+ you aren't allowed to share that recording...
so the only way you could have a legally owned copy is if you subscribe to
Sky+ and you pay for the service... so it's NOT available free anywhere,
and it IS illegal to download it via BT.

> and for the idiot who keeps on about piracy, i would have actually
> bought episode 5 from this site legally if i could actually have a US
> account.

Agreed - if a new episode is available in the US before the UK it goes
without saying users in the UK will try to acquire it by whatever means...
i'm sure there's a Perfectly Good Reason for keeping the UK behind, but i
fail to see it.

Roll on 11th Jan.

Bert

Jan 3, 2006, 5:57:44 AM1/3/06
All very wel, but how do i start downloading lost?
MK wrote:
> By the way, if you experience slow download speed or the download
> easily interrupted, you may want to try use download accelerators
> check it out here: http://www.download.com/sort/3150-2071_4-0-1-3.html?

go4...@yahoo.com

Jan 3, 2006, 4:03:44 PM1/3/06
Hi MK,

The link gives wrong pick up code.

--goleador

sibart

Jan 4, 2006, 4:05:12 AM1/4/06
Hi MK,
Just like to say thanks for season 2 links,
downloaded and watch all with no probs.
Cant wait for ep 10.

Cheers.

sibart

Jan 4, 2006, 4:10:09 AM1/4/06
Clink on the links MK has posted,it worked for me.
ATB, Si

Mark

Jan 5, 2006, 2:07:54 PM1/5/06

MK wrote:
> http://pickup.mofile.net/48748609403123144844
> [Season 2 E9] more will be posted, if aired...

Does anyone have an up to date pick up code for Season 2 EP9. I geth
the following message when I try using the above "Pickup code doesn't
exists. Please try again."

Many Thanks

Darkside

Jan 5, 2006, 3:03:38 PM1/5/06
Thanx MK !!!!

Darkside

Jan 5, 2006, 3:30:35 PM1/5/06
HI Roll,

>From a legal copyright prospective i kind of agree with you.
Technically its illegal to tape a radio show, video a tv show etc etc
without the express and prior authorisation of the owner of the
copyright.

This is where the legal system and the broadcasters and the owners of
the copyright are all at odds. As i said SKY actively encourage its
viewers to COPY (for their own use and not for distribution) SKY
broadcasts including LOST. This is illegal. Also stupid as it may be,
technically anyone who might watch or listen to the recording who is
not part of the subscription service (i.e friends coming round for a
beer) is also breaking the law, and the person with the subscription is
also breaking the broadcast and distribution laws.

This is all a load of BO*****S but if the law is the law then all
videos, tape records, recording devices of any kind including SKY+
should be illegal, or licensed and monitored etc etc etc.

The point i was making here was that no one is doing this for a
monetary reward or personal gain, and it is not depriving anyone of
revenue. If a program is broadcast on freeview TV, anyone capable of
recieving the program is allowed legally to view it, and as above the
broadcasters, are encouraging viewers to copy the programs for personal
use - even though this breaches various copyright and potentially other
broadcasting/distribution laws.

Right or wrong, legal or illegal, millions of people own videos, tape
recorders, dvd recoders, and computers, and so unless they make them
all illegal to own and confiscate the lot... taking us back into the
dark ages (something that people in some areas of government would love
to do), then there will never be an end to the copying of broadcast
material.

The rights and wrongs and legalities of downloading are a completely
different issue, and thus the whole internet is called into question.
One poll undertaken last year came up with a figure of 83% of global
domestic internet use (excluding email) was technically illegal,
breaching various copyright, pornographic or other local legal issues
!!!! With the spread of broadband and other faster connections this was
expected to top 90% by the end of 2006. If this is true there are
billions of new criminal every day, and the majority of them are under
the age of 18 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noal McDonald

Jan 5, 2006, 4:25:23 PM1/5/06
Darkside wrote:
> HI Roll,
>
> >From a legal copyright prospective i kind of agree with you.
> Technically its illegal to tape a radio show, video a tv show etc etc
> without the express and prior authorisation of the owner of the
> copyright.

Bzzt. Wrong.

See the Sony vs. Betamax court case.

You may record programs for your personal use. It's called "fair use"
and it is very legal. What you may not do is distribute those copies to
others.

Regards,
Noal

TheGodfather

Jan 6, 2006, 8:30:29 AM1/6/06
hi MK, i just wanted to say thanx a lot for the episodes...
does any1 know where can i download season 1?
o and 1 more thing, this is a great thread and it would be even better
if not for all those crybabies tryin to get some attention. If u r
against gettin stuff for free "or illegally" just dont download, dont
preach about it as if u know better.
and for that guy who was talkin about americans and terrorrism, all i
have to say is PLEASE dont talk politics on this thread, its true this
is not a political thread but we do know some politics and all u did
was make a fool out of yourself.
and if any smartass is gonna try to reply by critisizing my spelling or
grammar, dont bother because i dont care as long as u got my point, my
english is not my first language anyways.
and thanx again for the episodes.

sibart

Jan 6, 2006, 2:05:21 PM1/6/06

Godfather,

If you can download torrents try mininova.org,whole series 1 is on
there.

ATB,
Si

TheGodfather

Jan 7, 2006, 6:07:39 AM1/7/06
thanx for the link sibart, am trying it now, my computer has some
probelms with torrents though so i dont think it will work. if u have a
direct download link i would appreciate it if u let me know. thanx.

Message has been deleted

angelsabove

Jan 8, 2006, 3:07:20 PM1/8/06

"TheGodfather" <nuke...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> thanx for the link sibart, i will try it now..my computers have some
> problems with torrents though so i'd appreciate it if any1 knows a
> direct download link for season 1. thanx.

Try LimeWire.. Then do a search for lost season 1
you have to download divx to watch it.

AA

Larry Gold

Jan 8, 2006, 7:50:20 PM1/8/06
blame Ch4
They decided it was in the package with Desperate Housewifes and Smallville
and was not very good. So they waited and waited than when it started
getting a lot of heat on the USA TV.
They than realized what they had, but by that time they was months behind.
And now C4 have upset the ads people as they paid lots of money for their
ads on lost, but when the full R1 come out on DVD, than the Brits just
brought the DVD and stuffed C4 and they lost a lot of viewers.
Also they are just finishing season 1 this Wed. Rumours are that Sky might
snap up season 2 and show it ASAP, Ch4 have lost a lot of respect i heard
over this.
DHWifes is only a few weeks behind, not bloody 6 months

thew...@optusnet.com.au

Jan 8, 2006, 2:16:58 AM1/8/06
I agree, keep the threads in line with the topic. Like anything
controversal, if you don`t like it, don`t participate. Download or
don`t download. Those mobs make squillions from rights, royalties,etc.
BRING ON THESE LINKS.

danie...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2006, 4:02:12 AM1/8/06

where is season 2 episode 10? didn't see it,anyone have link?

danie...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2006, 4:01:20 AM1/8/06

Darkside

Jan 8, 2006, 3:29:32 PM1/8/06
and if you read on further i also mention that this is where it all
gets silly. Technically it is illegal to copy anything that has
copyright without the express and prior authorisation of the owner of
the copyright. this includes tv, radio etc. There are legal cases going
through at the moment against various companies selling "backup"
software that can make copies of commercial DVD's for personal use,
even though these clearly state that they are for "fair use".

Who will win ?

Lets hope its the back up software companies

The actual "fair use" of a copy still breaches copyright, but courts
would seldom prosecute a case of an individual due to the crazyness of
the situation.

Anyway if you read further on i said its all crazy and everyone is at
odds with each other. In one had they talk about breaching copyright,
yet in the other the same companies talk about selling their own
equipment to copy the products, and the courts are in the middle.

That was my point - the whole situation is unclear and crazy, and no
one wins.

The other point i was trying to make is that no one here is doing
anything to deprive anyone of revenue.

danie...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2006, 4:02:17 AM1/8/06

Darkside

Jan 8, 2006, 3:13:44 PM1/8/06
in which case its fair to copy anything for personal use !!!!

It is loading more messages.