L&C+ 15th Anniversary of Clois this Friday!

KalElFan

Feb 10, 2011, 12:31:16 AM2/10/11
That's Clois as in Clone Lois, played by Teri Hatcher, who on the
11th of February in 1996, an otherwise fine Sunday evening that
will forever live in Superman infamy, did swallow a frog.

It was at the end of episode 3-15 "I Now Pronounce You..." and
what ABC had promoted as a real wedding of Lois & Clark. It
sent ratings into a death spiral that cost the show a whopping
9 million viewers within 8 episodes.

12.2M for #4-01 Lord Of The Flys
14.8M for #3-22 Big Girls Don't Fly
15.1M for #3-21 Through A Glass, Darkly
15.4M for #3-20 It's A Small World After All
16.9M for #3-19 Oedipus Wrecks
18.5M for #3-18 Forget Me Not
19.8M for #3-17 Seconds
19.8M for #3-16 Double Jeopardy
21.2M for #3-15 I Now Pronounce You...

February 11th falls on a Friday this year, the equivalent Sunday
on February 13th. The convention hall at alt.tv.lois-n-clark is
empty, up until this crosspost anyway. :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.lois-n-clark/about?hl=en

The last on-topic post was some guy hawking a "Louis & Clark"
autographed photo. I guess the clone wedding had such a
traumatic effect on Clark he switched sides and took up with
Louis.

The place was buzzing okay back in the day though. A record
1,446 posts in February 1996, increasing to 2,331 by May. Brad,
Colonel X, Len, Vartox, Zoomway, and perhaps several hundred
more if you count the AOL boards at the time.

Len-L

Feb 10, 2011, 11:31:30 AM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 00:31:16 -0500, "KalElFan"
<kale...@yanospamhoo.com> opined:

I bought season 3 on DVD, but it's still in its shinkwrap. One day I'll
get up the courage to rewatch the episodes.

KalElFan

Feb 10, 2011, 3:49:01 PM2/10/11
"Len-L" wrote in message

There's still an episode or two from Season 1 that I missed, one of
them had Metallo or a Metallo-like character in it I think. I might
buy the DVD set at some point. Time heals that Titanic feeling the
show had surrounding it at the time. It's easier to forgive what was
95% an ABC mistake I think, rather than the show's creative PTB.
That said...

One of the problems L&C had was that the Superman plots tended
to be silly and there was never any serious mythology element to
speak of. They had Jor-El in an episode as I recall, and Lex in season
1 and a few episodes after that. But it never really tried to appeal
to the SF fan base, beyond putting Superman in it and nothing more.

It worked to a point, until that Romance Gone Bad arc as Colonel X
coined it. The "real wedding" near the beginning of season 4 did
no real good and in retrospect probably hurt, because the show still
didn't really have anything SF or even quality episodic to offer. It
didn't even believe in the wedding. Within a few episodes they had
a real stinker where Lois & Clark were bickering over "Who's The
Replacement Boss" when Perry White was away. I don't know of
anyone who wanted that kind of thing from the show and I don't
know what ABC and the writers were thinking.

Anyway good to see your post, Len.

KalElFan

Feb 10, 2011, 3:52:39 PM2/10/11
"Ken from Chicago" wrote in message

> "KalElFan" <kale...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message

>> That's Clois as in Clone Lois, played by Teri Hatcher, who on the
>> 11th of February in 1996, an otherwise fine Sunday evening that
>> will forever live in Superman infamy, did swallow a frog.
>>
>> It was at the end of episode 3-15 "I Now Pronounce You..." and
>> what ABC had promoted as a real wedding of Lois & Clark. It
>> sent ratings into a death spiral that cost the show a whopping

>> 9 million viewers within 8 episodes...

> What major comic book character hasn't been cloned?

Ah, but few with the style L&C did it. It was a near top-ten show at
one point, peaking at 22M+ viewers, and ABC pulled the bait and
switch clone job in a wedding episode. It's literally wedding night
and the honeymoon suite IIRC, when Clois swallows the frog.

Then the Super Nosedive in the ratings. Methinks it's a classic,
heartwarming Just Desserts kind of story unlike an other Comic
Book Clone fable. :-)

Twisted Just Desserts though, since ABC didn't lose as much as
Warner Bros. and the character did IMO. I think ABC was most
responsible.

M.O.R

Feb 10, 2011, 4:06:49 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 8:52 pm, "KalElFan" <kalel...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote:
> "Ken from Chicago"  wrote in messagenews:i76dnYT7Dan9CM7Q...@giganews.com...
>
> > "KalElFan" <kalel...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message

Wow, it's like September 11th, you always remember where you were when
it happened.

I suppose it serves as a reminder about how producers think they know
better than the fans, and then give us such a massive kick to the
crotch.
I never knew it had such a dramatic freefall as that. 9 million
within 8 episodes...jeez. Wouldda thought the decline would have been
more gradual.

Is this the comic book geek equivalent of 'Jump the Shark?' To 'Eat
the Frog' if one wishes to say so.

I wonder what was the similar occurrence was recently.

M1keB

Feb 10, 2011, 5:54:21 PM2/10/11
KalElFan wrote:
> "Ken from Chicago" wrote:

>> "KalElFan" wrote:
>>> That's Clois as in Clone Lois, played by Teri Hatcher, who on the
>>> 11th of February in 1996, an otherwise fine Sunday evening that
>>> will forever live in Superman infamy, did swallow a frog.
>>>
>>> It was at the end of episode 3-15 "I Now Pronounce You..." and
>>> what ABC had promoted as a real wedding of Lois & Clark. It
>>> sent ratings into a death spiral that cost the show a whopping 9
>>> million viewers within 8 episodes...
>
>> What major comic book character hasn't been cloned?
>
> Ah, but few with the style L&C did it. It was a near top-ten show at
> one point, peaking at 22M+ viewers, and ABC pulled the bait and
> switch clone job in a wedding episode. It's literally wedding night
> and the honeymoon suite IIRC, when Clois swallows the frog.
>
> Then the Super Nosedive in the ratings.

Upon consideration, I believe I like "swallowed the frog" even better than
"jumped the shark" for this kind of thing, and may start using it.

--Mike B.

Anim8rFSK

Feb 10, 2011, 9:59:00 PM2/10/11
In article <ij1qat$cca$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
M1keB <M1keB....@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hmm. Gulped the frog? Can we get something alliterative?

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

grinningdemon

Feb 10, 2011, 10:36:15 PM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:59:00 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

"Reality Punch?" "Knocked up by Norman Osborn?" "No more mutants?"
"Quesada's and/or Didio's reign of terror?" "It's magic?" "Batman,
Inc?" So many retarded ideas with even more retarded aftermath...so
little time.

KalElFan

Feb 11, 2011, 12:44:41 AM2/11/11
"Anim8rFSK" wrote in message

Gobbled the Frog perhaps, but Animal Kingdom Alliteration
wins with:

Wolfed the Frog.

Andromeda... Wolfed the Frog
Dollhouse... Wolfed the Frog

And so on. The SF version of the stale Happy Days "Jumped the
Shark".

Michael Bowker

Feb 11, 2011, 1:12:29 AM2/11/11
On 2/10/2011 6:59 PM, Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article<ij1qat$cca$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> M1keB<M1keB....@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> KalElFan wrote:

>>> Ah, but few with the style L&C did it. It was a near top-ten show at
>>> one point, peaking at 22M+ viewers, and ABC pulled the bait and
>>> switch clone job in a wedding episode. It's literally wedding night
>>> and the honeymoon suite IIRC, when Clois swallows the frog.
>>>
>>> Then the Super Nosedive in the ratings.
>>
>> Upon consideration, I believe I like "swallowed the frog" even better than
>> "jumped the shark" for this kind of thing, and may start using it.
>>
>> --Mike B.
>
> Hmm. Gulped the frog? Can we get something alliterative?

Munched the gerbil?

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 1:51:05 AM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 1:36 pm, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> "Reality Punch?"

Ah, reality punch are you just a memory of bad ideas gone-by already?

===
= DUG.
===

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 11, 2011, 1:56:45 AM2/11/11
On 2/10/2011 6:59 PM, Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article<ij1qat$cca$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> M1keB<M1keB....@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> KalElFan wrote:

>>> Ah, but few with the style L&C did it. It was a near top-ten show at
>>> one point, peaking at 22M+ viewers, and ABC pulled the bait and
>>> switch clone job in a wedding episode. It's literally wedding night
>>> and the honeymoon suite IIRC, when Clois swallows the frog.
>>>
>>> Then the Super Nosedive in the ratings.
>>
>> Upon consideration, I believe I like "swallowed the frog" even better than
>> "jumped the shark" for this kind of thing, and may start using it.
>>

> Hmm. Gulped the frog? Can we get something alliterative?

Have we forgotten _where_ the phrase "jump the shark" came from?

--
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a
stick."

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 2:10:35 AM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 4:56 pm, Dimensional Traveler <dtra...@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 2/10/2011 6:59 PM, Anim8rFSK wrote:
>
> > In article<ij1qat$cc...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> >   M1keB<M1keB.NOS...@yahoo.com>  wrote:

> >> Upon consideration, I believe I like "swallowed the frog" even better than
> >> "jumped the shark" for this kind of thing, and may start using it.
>
> > Hmm.  Gulped the frog?  Can we get something alliterative?
>
> Have we forgotten _where_ the phrase "jump the shark" came from?

Appears not: "The SF version of the stale Happy Days "Jumped the
Shark"."

===
= DUG.
===

Ken from Chicago

Feb 11, 2011, 2:48:14 AM2/11/11

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message
> [...]

Why? "Jumped the shark" isn't alliterative but has been popular for decades.

-- Ken from Chicago

KalElFan

Feb 11, 2011, 3:46:36 AM2/11/11

> "Jumped the shark" isn't alliterative but has been popular for decades.

From one of several Blogs I'm building:

"February 11th falls on a Fortunate Friday this year. Wolf the Frog
shall henceforth be the Supercharged version of Jump the Shark,
the latter from Happy Days. It’s always been difficult to make sense
out of “Jump the Shark” as a term, unless you saw or heard about
the episode where Fonzie jumped a shark.

Wolf the Frog is much, much better and more broadly applicable
as a metaphor. What Wolfs the Frog? A clone, a fake, anything
that breaks faith with its market. Heck the term is universal. Coca-
Cola could have saved itself the New Coke hassle if some employee
had piped up and said “Cancel Coke Classic? You want us to Wolf
the Frog?!?” Married Republicans who get caught with their shirts
off on Facebook flirting with other women, they Wolf the Frog and
they quit within hours.

Global Warming theories that find it necessary to change the title
to “Climate Change,” they too Wolf the Frog. It’s not a left or right
thing, eh? It also has the benefit of the “WTF” acronym. “What
the Frack? Did this [show, politician, theory, whatever you think
just ceased being genuine or true] just Wolf the Frog?”

Do not Wolf the Frog. Be true to yourself, always. But if you
waiver, it’s not the end of the world like it might be the end of
a TV series. If you’re starring in Wolf the Frog Friday today, you
try to do better next week. Maybe you just had a Wolf the Frog
moment, eh?

Today also happens to be Sarah Palin’s birthday. I’m a fan, you
may not be. You may think her Wolf the Frog Faux Pas was when
she resigned her governorship early to get a head start on becoming
a millionairess. Since when is making money a Faux Pas, let alone
a Wolf the Frog Faux Pas? She was saving Alaska money too by
leaving it to her Lt. Governor, who got elected in November by
the way.

So no, Sarah did not Wolf the Frog, any more than the Ultimate
Never-Did-Wolf-the-Frog Guy, Mr. Frank Sinatra. He did it his
way, and when you do it your way, when you’re the genuine
article, when you’re true to yourself, you never Wolf the Frog.
Ronald Reagan is another Never-Did-Wolf-the Frog Guy. Reagan &
Sinatra, they’re both Upstairs now, in the Never Did Wolf the Frog
Lounge.

There will be Candidates though, and awards given every Wolf the
Frog Friday. Maybe a Did Not Wolf the Frog award as well, for
folks who stuck to their principles.

Now go forth and multiply this new Wolf the Frog terminology, for
it has a Superman-related derivation."

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 3:57:03 AM2/11/11
On Feb 11, 6:46 pm, "KalElFan" <kalel...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote:
> From one of several Blogs I'm building:

> "February 11th falls on a Fortunate Friday this year.  Wolf the Frog
> shall henceforth be the Supercharged version of Jump the Shark,
> the latter from Happy Days.  It’s always been difficult to make sense
> out of “Jump the Shark” as a term, unless you saw or heard about
> the episode where Fonzie jumped a shark.

So?

> Wolf the Frog is much, much better and more broadly applicable
> as a metaphor.

Too ambigious it sounds like a frog called Wolf. Or to dress a frog
like a wolf or something.

> What Wolfs the Frog?  A clone, a fake,

In the show, yes, but not the term.

> It also has the benefit of the “WTF” acronym.  “What
> the Frack?  Did this [show, politician, theory, whatever you think
> just ceased being genuine or true] just Wolf the Frog?”

How is a confusing acronym a benefit?

> Now go forth and multiply this new Wolf the Frog terminology, for
> it has a Superman-related derivation."

Yes, lets take a good idea and make it crap.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 4:25:15 AM2/11/11
On Feb 10, 3:31 pm, "KalElFan" <kalel...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote:
> That's Clois as in Clone Lois, played by Teri Hatcher, who on the
> 11th of February in 1996, an otherwise fine Sunday evening that
> will forever live in Superman infamy, did swallow a frog.

> It was at the end of episode 3-15 "I Now Pronounce You..." and
> what ABC had promoted as a real wedding of Lois & Clark.   It
> sent ratings into a death spiral that cost the show a whopping
> 9 million viewers within 8 episodes.
>
> 12.2M for #4-01 Lord Of The Flys

> 21.2M for #3-15 I Now Pronounce You...

What were the ratings before 3-15? It sounds like this was a heavily
promoted event episode so of course those numbers were going to be
soft...

===
= DUG.
===

Your Name

Feb 11, 2011, 5:16:22 PM2/11/11
In article <8rkbbl...@mid.individual.net>, "KalElFan"
<kale...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Global Warming theories that find it necessary to change the title
> to "Climate Change" ...

<snip>

That is thanks to so many fools whining on about snowstorms not being
"warming". The initial name of "Global Warming" although the technically
and scientifically correct term had to be changed so that the general
dumb-as-a-stump public could understand.

Your Name

Feb 11, 2011, 5:18:35 PM2/11/11
In article <8rk0mu...@mid.individual.net>, "KalElFan"
<kale...@yahoo.com> wrote:

"Wolf" and "frog" ... that's not particularly sci-fi. You really need
something like "Warped the Little Grey" or "Blasted the ET" (or maybe
"Blasted the Rodian"). ;-)

Your Name

Feb 11, 2011, 5:24:12 PM2/11/11
In article
<a5de9eb1-b0ca-47a1...@o32g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, Duggy
<Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote:

> On Feb 11, 6:46=A0pm, "KalElFan" <kalel...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote:
> > From one of several Blogs I'm building:
>

> > "February 11th falls on a Fortunate Friday this year. =A0Wolf the Frog

> > shall henceforth be the Supercharged version of Jump the Shark,

> > the latter from Happy Days. =A0It=92s always been difficult to make sense
> > out of =93Jump the Shark=94 as a term, unless you saw or heard about

> > the episode where Fonzie jumped a shark.
>
> So?
>
> > Wolf the Frog is much, much better and more broadly applicable
> > as a metaphor.
>
> Too ambigious it sounds like a frog called Wolf. Or to dress a frog
> like a wolf or something.

A frog in wolf's clothing.

But that actually is the sense of the phrases - you're taking one thing
and dressing it up to look like another.

> > Now go forth and multiply this new Wolf the Frog terminology, for
> > it has a Superman-related derivation."
>
> Yes, lets take a good idea and make it crap.

If you want a "Superman-related derivation" just use "Did a Smallville" or
just "Smallvilled". ;-)

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 6:24:07 PM2/11/11
On Feb 12, 8:24 am, your.n...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
> But that actually is the sense of the phrases - you're taking one thing
> and dressing it up to look like another.

That works for the episode (not really a wedding) and Lois in the
episode (a clone) but not a moment that causes massive damage to a
show's ratings.

> If you want a "Superman-related derivation" just use "Did a Smallville" or
> just "Smallvilled".  ;-)

"Smallvilled" doesn't denoted a dip in ratings.

===
= DUG.
===

Your Name

Feb 11, 2011, 6:59:00 PM2/11/11
In article
<93251d96-0976-4892...@o21g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, Duggy
<Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 8:24=A0am, your.n...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
> >
> > But that actually is the sense of the phrases - you're taking one thing
> > and dressing it up to look like another.
>
> That works for the episode (not really a wedding) and Lois in the
> episode (a clone) but not a moment that causes massive damage to a
> show's ratings.
>
> > If you want a "Superman-related derivation" just use "Did a Smallville"

> > or just "Smallvilled". =A0;-)

> "Smallvilled" doesn't denoted a dip in ratings.

True, but then "jumping the shark" doesn't always cause a dip in ratings
either ... just almost always. :-)

Anim8rFSK

Feb 11, 2011, 7:31:08 PM2/11/11
In article
<your.name-120...@203-118-185-134.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz>,
your...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:

Exactly what does Kal-El think alliteration IS?

Wolfed the Frog???

M1keB

Feb 11, 2011, 9:40:50 PM2/11/11
KalElFan wrote:
> "Wolf" and "frog" ... that's not particularly sci-fi. You really need
> something like "Warped the Little Grey" or "Blasted the ET" (or
> maybe "Blasted the Rodian"). ;-)

"Transporter Malfunction." It's SF, TV, and pretty gross as well.

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 9:57:03 PM2/11/11
On Feb 12, 10:31 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> Exactly what does Kal-El think alliteration IS?
> Wolfed the Frog???

He actually means consonance, but I got what he was trying to say.

Of course, the "f" in wolfed isn't strong enough for effective
consonance, either.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

Feb 11, 2011, 9:59:31 PM2/11/11

The "- the -" is pretty set. And "Transporter Malfunction" doesn't
embody a moment that ruined a show forever.

There's got to be plenty out there.

===
= DUG.
===

KalElFan

Feb 12, 2011, 1:42:00 AM2/12/11
"Duggy" wrote in message

[Duggy was responding to M1keB]
> ... "Transporter Malfunction" doesn't embody a moment that ruined a
> show forever.

The SF angle with Wolf the Frog is because it involved the Clone of Lois
and happened on Lois & Clark, a genre show. The ratings decline was
9 Million viewers within 8 episodes as I mentioned. You were asking
about prior episodes. The peak was actually 3-07 Ultra Woman at 22M+
viewers, so no the wedding ep was not artificially high.

So it has all the elements and the scene is actually on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGl4OyQV_E

Definitely Wolf the Frog there, one bite though you only see the tail at
the end.

The alliteration point I had modified as Animal Kingdom alliteration.
Yes I knew the concept of similar-sounding and vowels, consonants
and so on but the broader concept is "similar". Wolf and Frog, both
four letters, both with an f and o, most conspicuously perhaps both
animals. The much wider net -- anyone or anything not being "true"
or "genuine," so not just a TV show -- is a key strength of it.

Michael Bowker

Feb 12, 2011, 2:38:31 AM2/12/11

how about warp core breach?

Your Name

Feb 12, 2011, 7:16:03 PM2/12/11
In article <hrWdnXhsD9xqpcvQ...@posted.rawbandwidth>, Michael
Bowker <mi...@rawbw.com> wrote:

> how about warp core breach?

Still no "the", so turn it around ... "Breached the Warp Core". :-)

Anim8rFSK

Feb 12, 2011, 9:30:01 PM2/12/11
In article
<your.name-130...@203-118-184-216.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz>,
your...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:

At Fox Animation, we called it being 'Bluthed'

Todd

Feb 13, 2011, 9:03:46 AM2/13/11
"KalElFan" <kale...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote:

>Ah, but few with the style L&C did it. It was a near top-ten show at
>one point, peaking at 22M+ viewers, and ABC pulled the bait and
>switch clone job in a wedding episode. It's literally wedding night
>and the honeymoon suite IIRC, when Clois swallows the frog.
>

>Then the Super Nosedive in the ratings. Methinks it's a classic,
>heartwarming Just Desserts kind of story unlike an other Comic
>Book Clone fable. :-)
>
>Twisted Just Desserts though, since ABC didn't lose as much as
>Warner Bros. and the character did IMO. I think ABC was most
>responsible.

How was ABC most reponsible? I believe the show was produced by
Warner Brothers. ABC just paid them for it.

I'm still convinced that WB was gearing up for their new network, and
needed an anchor show. UPN launched a new Star Trek series. For WB,
the choice was a DC Comics character, and they wanted Superman.
Problem was, Superman had a series on another network.

So what do you do? You turn the show into such garbage, that the
network can't get rid of fast enough. Of course, ABC was smart enough
to know what was going on, so they bought the series for another
couple of seasons, then canned it.

Those last episodes were awful. I remember the one where a guy was
pointing a laser gun at Supes, and Clark just stood there with his
arms crossed, while Lois talked at the bad guy. The gun was exactly
like one that had hurt Clark in a previous episode, but he didn't zap
it with his heat vision. I think they were in a missle bunker, so
Clark wasn't getting the energy that gave him his powers.

Duggy

Feb 13, 2011, 4:31:13 AM2/13/11
On Feb 13, 10:16 am, your.n...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
> In article <hrWdnXhsD9xqpcvQnZ2dnUVZ_uydn...@posted.rawbandwidth>, Michael

Still not a moment that ruined the show.

===
= DUG.
===

Duggy

Feb 13, 2011, 4:37:59 AM2/13/11
On Feb 10, 3:31 pm, "KalElFan" <kalel...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote:
> That's Clois as in Clone Lois, played by Teri Hatcher, who on the
> 11th of February in 1996, an otherwise fine Sunday evening that
> will forever live in Superman infamy, did swallow a frog.

OK, there seems to be disagreement on some important points here, so I
propose a vote:

1. We should use the term:
(a) Swallowed the Frog.
(b) Gulped the Frog.
(c) Wolfed the Frog.
(d) other: ___________

2. The term should be used as:
(a) A straight replacement for Jumped The Shark.
(b) The version of Jumped The Shark for SF series.
(c) The moment that caused a chartable drop in the shows ratings.
(d) Anything fake or a rip-off.
(e) other: ____________

This is not the place for debate, just straight voting.
Voting will by replying to this post and will be counted, tabulated
and generally ignored.

===
= DUG.
===

Tim Turnip

Feb 13, 2011, 7:59:21 AM2/13/11
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 06:03:46 -0800, Todd <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>"KalElFan" <kale...@yanospamhoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Ah, but few with the style L&C did it. It was a near top-ten show at
>>one point, peaking at 22M+ viewers, and ABC pulled the bait and
>>switch clone job in a wedding episode. It's literally wedding night
>>and the honeymoon suite IIRC, when Clois swallows the frog.
>>
>>Then the Super Nosedive in the ratings. Methinks it's a classic,
>>heartwarming Just Desserts kind of story unlike an other Comic
>>Book Clone fable. :-)
>>
>>Twisted Just Desserts though, since ABC didn't lose as much as
>>Warner Bros. and the character did IMO. I think ABC was most
>>responsible.
>

>How was ABC most reponsible? I believe the show was produced by
>Warner Brothers. ABC just paid them for it.

ABC ordered it up and put it on the air, Warners was only their
supplier. Without someone like ABC having the desire to put it on the
air, Warners is not making that show.

I don't care about L&C, I'm just pointing out the fallacy here...
Warners was complicit, but ABC was "most responsible" of all parties.

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 13, 2011, 1:40:41 PM2/13/11
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:30:01 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>At Fox Animation, we called it being 'Bluthed'

I remember you mentioning this some time ago. For your love
of dear ole Don.

--
-=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
_( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli

Anim8rFSK

Feb 13, 2011, 2:34:24 PM2/13/11
In article <p36gl6tv6e8cktthd...@4ax.com>,
Merrick Baldelli <mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:30:01 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >At Fox Animation, we called it being 'Bluthed'
>
> I remember you mentioning this some time ago. For your love
> of dear ole Don.

That would be it.

Duggy

Feb 13, 2011, 3:47:06 PM2/13/11
On Feb 13, 7:37 pm, Duggy <Paul.Dug...@jcu.edu.au> wrote:

My vote:

> 1.  We should use the term:
> (a)  Swallowed the Frog.

> 2.  The term should be used as:

> (c)  The moment that caused a chartable drop in the shows ratings.

===
= DUG.
===

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Feb 13, 2011, 7:01:02 PM2/13/11
In article <4d660cb4-bb8e-4dfd...@k15g2000prk.googlegroups.com>,

Of course, all this runs into the existing saying:

If you eat a frog first thing every morning, nothing worse will
happen to you all day.
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

Your Name

Feb 13, 2011, 7:14:22 PM2/13/11
In article
<89fc4d00-50c9-4930...@m27g2000prj.googlegroups.com>, Duggy
<Paul....@jcu.edu.au> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 10:16=A0am, your.n...@isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
> > In article <hrWdnXhsD9xqpcvQnZ2dnUVZ_uydn...@posted.rawbandwidth>, Michae=

> > Bowker <mi...@rawbw.com> wrote:

> > > how about warp core breach?
> >

> > Still no "the", so turn it around ... "Breached the Warp Core". =A0:-)

> Still not a moment that ruined the show.

It ruins the ship though. ;-)

BUT, if you want something that matches ruining a show, try "Hired the
Butthead twins". :-(

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 14, 2011, 8:40:12 AM2/14/11

Awww, isn't that sweet. Duggy's talking to himself to show
others by example how it should be done. Pity that KookyKasper hasn't
been sucked into it.

Duggy

Feb 14, 2011, 5:21:44 PM2/14/11
On Feb 14, 11:40 pm, Merrick Baldelli <mbalde...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:47:06 -0800 (PST), Duggy
>
> <Paul.Dug...@jcu.edu.au> wrote:
> >On Feb 13, 7:37 pm, Duggy <Paul.Dug...@jcu.edu.au> wrote:
>
> >My vote:
>
> >> 1. We should use the term:
> >> (a) Swallowed the Frog.
>
> >> 2. The term should be used as:
> >> (c) The moment that caused a chartable drop in the shows ratings.
>
>         Awww, isn't that sweet.  Duggy's talking to himself to show
> others by example how it should be done.  Pity that KookyKasper hasn't
> been sucked into it.

Jimmy, who ran towards black tree mushrooms told all that speakers are
peanuts.

===
= DUG.
===