You Can Now Watch All of MTV's Liquid Television, the Launching Ground for Æon Flux

Ubiquitous

Dec 10, 2017, 7:54:19 AM12/10/17
The animated showcase that brought us Beavis and Butt-Head, Æon Flux,
and basically modern American animation as we know it, is now available
to watch in full online. It’s both entertainingly weird and a history
lesson on the evolution of modern animated television.

Liquid Television, which ran from 1991 to 1994 on MTV, was an animated
series that served as a launching point for many of today’s popular
creators and shows. Most of the content was created by independent
animators and artists, helping propel series like Æon Flux, a pinnacle
example of American scifi animation. Unfortunately, much like MTV’s
Daria, the series used a lot of licensed music, which meant it was
really hard to re-release after its debut. There were a few VHS tapes,
as well as one DVD release in 1997 (with another DVD release in 2005
thanks to the movie adaptation), but it had since become lost to the
ages. MTV did put Liquid Television on their website in 2011, but it’s
since become unavailable.

Luckily, the series is now available on Internet Archive in full,
bringing back one of the most iconic series in modern adult animation.
Perfect timing, too, as we’re smack dab in the peak of early 90s TV
nostalgia. Meanwhile, I’ll keep waiting for when TV’s Clueless comes
back in vogue. I miss teddy bear backpacks.

https://archive.org/details/Liquid_Television

A Friend

Dec 10, 2017, 8:08:46 AM12/10/17
In article <adudnX87i-rrs7DH...@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Liquid Television, which ran from 1991 to 1994 on MTV, was an animated
> series

Not entirely. There was a lot of animation, but there was also some
classic live action, e.g., the original JOE'S APARTMENT. Great show.

Obveeus

Dec 10, 2017, 8:54:01 AM12/10/17
I had a neighbor who was clean like that.